Universal Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter by TatemGames + Lite (Now a Universal App)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ipadboy, Jun 11, 2010.

1. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #21 LBG, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    It plays fine on original iPhone, just remember to reboot your device first.
    And yeah, I agree with everyone else in that this games is totally awesome, it's now one of my favourite games on my iPhone.

Agreed. It's a shame we don't see more games like this - the iPhone/iPod Touch is perfectly capable. Gameloft are doing a pretty good job of porting some of the PS1 games like Driver and Rayman 2, but it would be nice to see some more classics like Goldeneye 007 and maybe some of the Rainbow Six games.

2. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Awesome, I was a huge fan of Carnivores on the PC. This one's going on the shopping list.

3. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    dinosaur problem?

Like all the "Carnivores" in the game, they attack you when they see/hear/ or get shot. But the dinosaur "Chasmosaurus" just acts like a normal herbivore and runs away when shot. But it clearly states that if you wound it, it will come after you. In the pc version, if you shoot it, it will run after you. So it must be a little error that slipped, but the game is still 99.9% perfect port! Except no cheat codes :(

P.S: Port Carnivores 2, Ice Age, and Cityscape!

4. Mealworm

Mealworm Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    yes! , finally killed my first T-Rex , beast came running at me and i somehow managed to shoot its eye using the sniper rifle when it was almost ontop of me

5. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    WOA.. I agree! Rainbow Six games should be ported to iPhones or, better yet, they should make a completely new ones to complement iPhone's touch screen!

6. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Carnivores ended with Ice age ! Cityscape was an abomination and it should never be mentioned anywhere :mad: . Carnivores 3: Ice Age was the best part of the trilogy. I hope that I'll play it someday on my ipod :D

7. WingedDevil

WingedDevil Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Luxembourg
    This is one of the best hunting games in the app store :cool:

No wait.. it's THE best hunting game in the app store :D

8. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Agreed. It's a shame we don't see more games like this - the iPhone/iPod Touch is perfectly capable. Gameloft are doing a pretty good job of porting some of the PS1 games like Driver and Rayman 2, but it would be nice to see some more classics like Goldeneye 007 and maybe some of the Rainbow Six games.[/QUOTE]

fact of the matter is that few companies outside of Gameloft are willing to sell games of this quality at this price. More power to you if you want to create a game of this caliber, only to turn around and sell it for 4.99. Such is the exception though and not the norm. More games like this or the stuff Gameloft produces should be costing us $19.99 or 29.99 or 39.99. Those are the pricetags that it would take to get the majority of major multi-platform console devs seriously involved in the idevice. Epic has already proven they can run the unreal engine on the idevice, but an iPhone version of Gears of War isn't sell for 9.99 or even 12.99. It would probably have to sell for 29.99. Obviously, Epic doesn't believe people would buy it at a truly premium price. So, guess what. They ain't gonna even both making it in the first place.

9. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    anyone who is playing this and have over 1000 points, when you play the last map at night, with t rex or any carnivore, does the game just automatically freeze, but you still hear everything?

10. tatem

tatem Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Thank you so much!

11. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Hey Tatem!

Seriously, that poster said it all. I picked this up on the off-chance, never really expected it to be so engrossing, but it is! A quick question though... are you planning to add any more to this?

Pleeeeeeeease?

12. tatem

tatem Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Cityscape was not developed by Action Forms. :)

13. tatem

tatem Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Yes, we are working on some interesting stuff in update. Hope you'll like. :)

14. ataloss

I think so. I've never been interested in this genre, generally turning the other way when it comes to "stealth shooter" type games, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one - to the extent that it actually sucked up quite a lot of the weekend. :eek: So, very keen to hear more about what's coming - hopefully a wider range of weapons, dinosaurs and maps (although, in truth, the maps are huge and I'm still trying to get to terms with them).

If anyone's on the fence about this, I'd say highly recommended :D and don't let the dross that was out there before this put them off.

On a separate note, is there anything you can do with the collision detection systems - on quite a few times both myself, and other creatures have been able to walk through each other! This is quite an achievement considering their mass.

15. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    does this game freeze when your on the last map at night mode?

16. ataloss

Nope, that's not happened to me. Sorry. :eek:

Just a thought, Tatem, would it be possible to introduce a random mode that chooses the dinosaurs, and the map (including time) but allows the player to choose the weapons? I think that would increase the playability heaps. ;)

17. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    #37 Osmiral, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    Is there a free play mode where you can go around and just take out whatever dinosaur you see? or just explore and look at the different dinosaurs? Also what kinds of weapons are in it? just rifles and the like?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just went and read the description. I'm totally getting this!!!

18. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother

lol..................that is just basically a summary of the entire game....

19. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    GREAT game. I've never played the PC version so I was totally new to this, but I poured out hours into the iPhone version (received a preview build). I don't know why anyone wouldn't pick it up.

1. Unique
    2. Great controls
    3. Plenty of weapons
    4. Hours of gameplay
    5. Survival mode is a bonus

20. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    thanks for the feed back.. downloading now.. fear dino's.. and i would be more afraid of the raptors than the fatty known as T-rex!

chris.