Universal Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter by TatemGames + Lite (Now a Universal App)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ipadboy, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Well, once you're in the game and have "levelled up" to get the T-rex, then you'll realise he's still the king of the jungle. ;) Prepare to jump. :p

2. tatem

tatem Member

Feb 5, 2010
    We will check this issue.

3. tatem

tatem Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for idea!

4. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    I really loved the stats screen after you finish a hunt. Could you please add a screen showing your total stats that we can access from the menu? Some improvements to trophy screen would be nice, for example a sign showing the tallest/heaviest trophy for a single dinosaur type? An option to delete trophies to make room for better ones would also be great. Really, everyone loves statistics, we want more!

5. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Before I take the plunge, please can someone confirm that there's an Invert Look option - i.e. swipe down the screen to look up.

6. ataloss

Yep. Options to invert both X and Y axis are available.

7. ThatRevChap

Jul 15, 2009
    Thanks for the answer! To iTunes!

8. ataloss

#48 ataloss, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    You know what would be completely and utterly awesome for this game; online multiplayer. That would really kick this game off and something v.special and would involve team hunting, or a sniper Vs. sniper setup while trying to avoid the predators....

Wish... wish... wish...

9. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    true. that really would push this game up so much
    i love co-op games

10. ataloss

In truth, it could make it one of the best games this year... instead of running around, desparately trying to shoot the ---- out of each other and not really thinking in terms of of stealth visibility, or vantage points. Even if it came later in the year as a DLC, just the fact of knowing it was coming would make the game even sweeter. :rolleyes:

11. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    couldnt agree more! all it would need is some hype and good marketing and it would sell better then any gameloft game

12. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Glad to know. It's a great game, congrats.

13. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Well, since the original game on the pc did not have any multiplayer, I think that doing this on the idevice would be rather impossible. Complex games need to be coded with multiplayer in mind right from the start. For example, look at minigore and notice how long does it take if you do it any other way.

14. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    true. but it wouldnt be impossible. the weak hardware would be the main thing holding it back (which is whats holding minigore back mainly) i just wouldnt be suprised if its only 3rd gen or higher only assuming this would be implemented

15. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #55 LBG, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    Well, I've had some more time to play this game and I'm very impressed. The graphics are very nice (they seem to get better as you progress to other maps) and I love some of the detail such as the change in lighting as clouds pass over you and the ground goes dark and then after it passes, it brightens up again. The maps are pretty varied and there are some cool features/building in them.

My only complaint about this game is that the maps are so big that it can take quite a long time to walk to an area with more dinosaurs to hunt.
    So if you devs are reading - please add a teleportation feature that lets you pick where you want to go. Alternatively you could add a jetpack into the game, which would be a lot cooler, but probably require more time/effort to include.

Anyway, thanks for such a great game - it's now one of my favourite games and it's right up there with GTA: CTW, Jet Car Stunts, Doodlejump, EnviroBear etc in terms of pure awesomeness! :)

16. ThatRevChap

Jul 15, 2009
    Played this at lunchtime and I really enjoyed it. Taking down an allosaurus with the last bullet in your pistol as he runs towards to you is a moment worth the app price on its own. Lovely little game.

17. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    It's a hunting game, it's supposed to take effort to find the dinosaur you want. I can remember a few years back I played this hunting game, it had an ATV to travel around the huge map (that might be a good idea) but anyway there was maybe 6 or 7 deer on the map, and only 2 - 3 were the kind of deer you wanted to find, on the map and running from one end to the other probably would've taken around ten minutes, I don't think I ever got a deer, mostly cause I was a very poor shot.

18. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Has anyone taken out a T-Rex yet I fill him full of lead and it doesnt die with 3 different weapons

19. ataloss

You got to hit him squarely in the eye... it's the only way. Good luck :p

20. ataloss

Actually, I think the distance and subsequent footwork you have to put in is totally appropriate. While you're stalking your pray, you need to remember that there is a chance (much higher on some levels) that you may also be stalked by some creature with an IQ that matches the number of vicious and sharp teeth in its head. It's happened a few times, I've been a winning streak and got careless, felt something run around me and then was given an unparalleled view of my body from my head that was several feet above it. Followed by a loss of all those glorious credits... :eek: That walk puts every creature in the map on a much fairer footing, so to speak.

True, but the point is that the MG update is coming and I'm sure will be worth the wait once it gets here. Carnivores, as a game, is already excellent and something like this would just make it so much better. Okay, time will be needed and of course there's the distinct possibility that such a feature may never even happen. But, it's not certain and would be so great if the developer at least looked into the possibility, wouldn't you say?

Wouldn't an ATV cause too much noise? And, the extra hassle of trying to navigate some of those maps? I would have thought, after just a few moments of driving, you'd be stuck in one of those holes, or be presented to the T-Rex as a canned snack? :p