Universal Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter by TatemGames + Lite (Now a Universal App)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ipadboy, Jun 11, 2010.

1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #61 LBG, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    Yeah, I think I played a game like that and it had horses and quad bikes. But I don't think that quad bikes would work in this game - too many trees! I think the best way of doing it would be to have 5 or so different spawn points which are randomly scattered across the map, then you can pick which one you want to teleport to, but the chances are that you will still have to walk quite a bit to find some dinosaurs. And I know games like this require patience - I also play hunting games on the PC and do a bit of hunting in real life, but I think there should at least be an option for people who are a bit short on time or lack patience. (remember, you are playing it on an iPhone/iPod Touch, not sitting down for hours on the PC). It's just that sometimes you don't have enough time to trek across the entire map, you just want to kill, kill and do some more killing!

2. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    I think the best way to make it better would not be an ATV, but maybe make the player be able to run faster.

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    But then you'd be able to run away from the dinosaurs to easily.

I think you should have a big ass brachiosaurus to ride around on :p

4. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    why dont we just get a ferrari?

5. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Pro tip: don't hunt a T-Rex with the map in front of you...

6. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    Definitely not because they are REALLY fast. I'm not thinking you should run as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog.

In fact, I love the pacing of the game as is it makes for more strategic hunting. Also, when you hunt the bigger dinos, it doesn't take long to get them in sight- or for them to get you in sight.

Also your argument about running faster makes little sense after your suggestions of a jet pack or ATV. Both of those are much faster than running and would make it super easy to escape.

7. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    #67 Osmiral, Jun 14, 2010
    True, and I think that would be a good idea, just not be able to teleport everywhere, I also think that you should have to get to one of the teleports first to go somewhere else. Anyway, for people that just want to kill, I thought that's what survival mode was for? I also do a bit of hunting, what's your preferred weapon?

8. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Whoops double posted.

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lol, I was joking about the jetpack ;). I never suggested an ATV.

Yeah, if you've ever played FarCry 2, then the "bus service" would be the ideal teleportation system.
    I mainly shoot pheasants, squirrels, crows, pigeons, rabbits etc with my air rifle. But sometimes I borrow my dad's .22 rimfire for a bit more power.

10. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    Oh I guess someone else did haha and there was a cheat in the PC version that let you fly around like you had a jetpack so I wasn't sure if you were joking or not :p

11. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Nice. I had a shotgun with rifled barrel but sold it for a proffesional bow.

12. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    [​IMG]
    T-Rex a lot - me 0

13. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm really enjoying this game so far, I just have a few questions. How do I shoot the tranquilizer? Thanks.

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #74 LBG, Jun 14, 2010
    I think when you tick the tranquilizer box, all your guns use tranquilizer darts instead of normal ammo. There doesn't seem to be any physical changes as such - for example a dinosaur that normally takes 2 bullets to die from a rifle would take 2 "tranquilizer darts" to die from a rifle. And the dinosaur looks dead just like it's been shot rather than asleep, lol.
    But it does give you an extra 25% points for each kill (however your kills with tranquilizer darts don't show up in your trophy room).

15. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Wish I had some $$$ for this.

16. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh ok, thanks:)

17. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    is that really from the iphone game??

18. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    pretty much, the only difference from this game and the pc is the menu, the binoculars, and the cheats(iphone no cheats i think). Other than that, you could hardly tell the difference except the iphone graphics might be a bit lower res/pixels, but its all pretty much the same look.

19. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Yup that is in game and that's an open area there's denser areas in the game and pterodactyls flying over in the air or laying on the ground like this :cool:
    [​IMG]

20. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    woow siick! does this game have gore??