Universal Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter by TatemGames + Lite (Now a Universal App)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ipadboy, Jun 11, 2010.

1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Sadly the answer is no.
    Dinosaurs die in a pretty typical (and satisfying) way, but unfortunately there is no blood gore. Maybe the devs will add it in an update if we are lucky.

I'm going to play a bit now and I'll try and take some more screenshots to show off the games graphics.

2. adamjl

adamjl Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    For some reason every time i leave a level after hunting dinosaurs, it always says i havnt killed or hunted any, and get no points, can anybody help me with this?

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Are you hunting the smaller ones? You don't get any points for those. You have to hunt the ones you chose before playing. They show up as yellow dots on the map. Read the "help" for more info.

4. adamjl

adamjl Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I am hunting the ones i chose, i also read the help section but id didnt mention anything

5. tatem

tatem Member

Feb 5, 2010
    That's exactly what we are doing and you'll have it in the nearest update. It's help you to trace wounded creature.

6. tatem

tatem Member

Feb 5, 2010
    You hunted but maybe din't kill the creature you chose in the start. Please try again to select someone in the menu and find the same kind of dinosaur on the map and kill him. If you don't get any points, please let us know.

7. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Tatem I've also had some dinosaurs run off and go into the water and I cant shoot things under water
    [​IMG]

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Awesome! That' great news :)

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lol, aqua-dinosaur. Never had anything like that when I've been playing.

10. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    gah, I just got totally raped by a T-rex. I'm finding it pretty hard to kill one. Photos are uploading, I'll put them up here once their done.

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Here are my screenshots (taken on an iPhone 2G).

Scenery/Environment:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Buildings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dinosaurs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. tatem

tatem Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Oops, we will check it. Or add harpoon in update :)

13. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    LOL I'd be happy with harpoon so I can still kill them muahahaha

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    @Tatem I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but while using the tap to shoot control mode; it doesn't show your ammo count unlike the other control options? Just thought I'd mention it.

I Love having this gem on my iTouch a little more than pc atm other than that. ;)

15. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    #95 ikemike, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    Yeah, that's a little annoying... Like, you've chased a dinosaur for 10 minutes, just to find you're out of ammo. I used quick tap because you can easily shoot while aiming and moving at the same time. Otherwise, it's a little awkward, at least for me. This is already my favorite game on my iTouch, so please update soon!

I also think that this game needs point transfer between devices, if possible. Warpgate saves information through plus+; why can't this game? This way, I don't feel bad about playing this on my iPad too. Surprisingly, playing this on iPad is really comfortable. Although, I really wouldn't mind a universal version, even if it doesn't upscale the graphics at all, only optimizes the controls for iPad.

Oh yeah, and in the crater in "Delphaeus Hills", which is located at the center, offset slightly north and east, you can get stuck in the cracks. Just to let you know.

EDIT: God, this game is going to ruin me. I'm honestly addicted to it.

16. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Thanks to the image posters. I don't have the cash for this at the moment, but it's nice seeing the screenies. They bring back memories :)

17. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    I've noticed that when you spawn at least 1 chosen dinosaur will be in your immediate area. Well it's great when you're hunting herbivores, but if I select a t-rex then the gameplay looks like this: I spawn, I'm frantically looking around for a t-rex, then I die. All under 10 seconds. When the same thing happens for the fifth time in a row it gets rather frustrating. I want to HUNT a t-rex and not spawn 6 meters from him.
    Please fix it tatem!

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yeah thats what happened to me the 1st time not realizing. -__-

To make up for it (though it's a bit of a task) is having to switch back to a different control option to check and then go back. Tap to shoot is easily my favorite control option for the same reasons; very efficient. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. :p

I also had a dino take an eternal swim for the record.

I think I'm ruined as well. Easily my favorite hunting game on the iDevice.

19. adamjl

adamjl Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Much to my dismay i was actually not hunting the chosen dinosaurs, using the binoculars helped alot, and i really didnt take notice of waht kind of dinosaur it was, thanks for the help, awesome game.

20. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Using your map shows you where the dinosaur/dinosaurs you're hunting are, and only them. I found it helps alot, also in the beginning to get a little more money, you might want to use the tranquilizer, just check it, all it does is shoot tranqs instead of bullets, but they fly the same. Oh also it doesn't put the dinosaurs in your trophy room.