Universal Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter by TatemGames + Lite (Now a Universal App)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ipadboy, Jun 11, 2010.

1. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    muahahaha Hunted a T-rex with my bow and shot it in the face:cool:

2. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Several times, this game has crashed right after killing a T-Rex. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

3. dev_tatem

dev_tatem New Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Thank you for your suggestions and problem reports. We are preparing an update and will take them into account.

And for now, rebooting probably will help with crashes on old devices.

2 LBG:
    Please notice that quality on 3gs or iPad is even better, because the game uses better textures if the device have enough memory to load them.

4. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    thats what i have been saying.... :mad:

the game crashes when ever i play the mount raven map at night(both hunt/observe), when ever i kill a T-Rex on mount raven, just by starting mount raven(sometimes), and when i kill a T-Rex with all the addons off

5. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    How is this on iPad? Anyone tried it yet?

6. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    #106 ikemike, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    Do you have any plans on making a universal or HD version? I'd love to see that, especially if it was universal. Even if the textures and models were not improved in the slightest, they're already pretty awesome. Although the controls are pretty comfortable to begin with, a universal version would be really great.

On a separate note, I've noticed that the game doesn't save your attachments (i.e. tranquilizer, radar, camoflague, cover scent) when you exit out.

It's great. The controls are actually pretty awesome, since you can easily move and toggle the map at the same time, while looking around. Use your left thumb to move and your left index finger to toggle the map, and your right thumb looking around, with your right index finger ready to arm your weapon at any time. The game looks great, too, you can barely tell it's pixel-doubled. (well, that may be an overstatement, but it does look pretty nice)

7. Jinnysmith

Jinnysmith Member

Jun 16, 2010
    looks really great. hope to have it soon:)

8. LeopardGecko

LeopardGecko Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    #108 LeopardGecko, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    Man, this brings back memories. :p Even though it wasn't in the original, I'd like to hunt the Brachiosaurs. It could be an unlockable or something. You wouldn't even have to earn points for it, I just want to kill them. xD

Anyway, what weapons do you find most effective against the ceratosaurus? The rifle or shotguns?

9. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    I tried to kill a Brachiosaurs but it just wouldn't die, which is a shame though as they would be quite fun to hunt. Great game, just wished I had gotten to play it originally on PC.

10. LeopardGecko

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    #110 LeopardGecko, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    It's pretty epic on the PC, especially when debugged into fly mode. xP I still play it occasionally. I just hope they port the Ice Age one because I never got to play it on the computer.

11. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Both, depending on the terrain. If the 'saur is behind a hill, I equip my DB shotgun and run at it. If I can see the 'saur, I equip the rifle. I prefer the rifle, though, even though it has less power. I rarely use the sniper now, since I usually just turn on ceratosaurus and T-Rex.

In other news, I'm on the leaderboard!

12. kuluman

kuluman Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Amsterdam
    I just wanted to share my strategy to kill a T-Rex, which might actually be a bug... Find a T-Rex near the water, go into the water and swim a little bit and lure the T-Rex into the water. It will swim towards you, but won't be able to eat you, it just spins around and around you. You just have to hit it in the eyes and voila! I once killed three T-Rexes like this, they were just spinning in circles around me and I was able to shoot the three of them easily. Has anyone else used this strategy as well?

And the crash that some of you described after killing a T-Rex has also happened to me.

Other than that, just loving the game, it's my favourite app at the moment. :) I was wondering if there are any plans of porting Ice Age as well?

13. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I did notice this but its too hard for they spin too much I just sneak up on them and shoot them point blank in the face:D

14. LeopardGecko

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    #114 LeopardGecko, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
    Has anyone tried hunting a 'Rex without the camo, cover scent, or radar yet? It's total murder. :p All you have to do is shoot them while they're charging, though.

15. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    on sale for $2.99, down from $4.99

16. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

If I only had another dollar! Why!!

17. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    its on sale;o gonna buy it.

18. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    noo, i have to have euro and some cents to get it. ;(

19. Rede

Rede Active Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Looks great!

20. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    Is this gonna be next month sale on june first day?
    say yes, i get money then. ;)