Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Just a friendly reminder that the Castle Doombad sale ends tomorrow.

If you're on the fence... well... it probably isn't super comfortable to be on a fence anyway!

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    If your on the fence about something for 69p then you deserve to be impaled ;)

3. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    Really liking this game, definitely recommend to anyone who likes TD games. Some levels can be pretty hectic and fast paced and it's fun mixing up your traps.

Here is a gameplay video of mission 13 from the first chapter.

4. genie77

genie77 New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Absolutley nailed the TD genre beautifully. EXCEPT, no cloud saves...

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Cloud saves would definitely be awesome.

What is everyone's favorite setup?

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Spikes on floor, saw on ceiling, poison cloud on the wall between them, a fat guy to pin on that setup, 3 healers for the fat guy, and a cannon behind the fat guy. Not really a fan of manual traps. ;)

7. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Was playing I think yesterday and the seventh game in everything was going fine and the pace of action was picking up and then the game crashed?

8. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

I played this on my iPad for awhile, and now that the doubler works for stage awarded coins I decided to download it on my iPhone. However when I tap on Restore Purchases from the Extras menu, it prompts me for my iTunes password, then gives me a failed message that it couldn't connect, and now the Restore Purchases button is darkened. Deleted and downloaded it again, this time completing a level first, but the same problem.

9. GrumpyfaceChris

Hey Capricornman, what device are you playing on? It's possible it could be a low memory crash, though memory during actual gameplay should be pretty stable from our tests. My recommendation would be to reboot your phone if you haven't done so in awhile, and also to try to clear other apps out of multitasking. Sorry you ran into this crash -- let me know if it continues to happen!

Hey Alyindar, I think there is a bug right now where it will sometimes say "failed to connect" even though it *did* successfully connect (especially if the restore purchase button is darkened). Did you check the IAP shop to see if the Coin Doubler says "enabled"?

10. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

You were right, thanks Chris! Since it was a fresh install I couldn't check the store to see that it was enabled until finishing a few missions, but everything is good!

11. GrumpyfaceChris

Okay, great! Thanks for the update :)

12. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for the tip. Yes I'm using a mini ipad retina 64g. Since I got it last December I have not even once rebooted my device to flush the retentive ram free......Silly me:) I did it today and the game is running great and my device is running much better. Thanks. I must remember to reboot every once in awhile!

13. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    man i bought this game an it is great great job devs just insane awesome

14. GrumpyfaceChris

For those who have played it, how did you enjoy the Slaycation content update?

Would love to hear any thoughts on the new traps and heroes, and especially thoughts on the new stages and the two-princess setup (also, you might have noticed the stages in this chapter begin will all floors of the castle available automatically in a single wave, rather than multiple waves that each add 1 floor).

15. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    My achievements came back. I played a stage while connected to the Internet to give the game plenty of time to sync them again.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'm totally diggin the two princess set-up. It makes figuring out exactly what and where to place objects a tad more difficult... which is a great thing. I was little worried that the new stages would be more... 1st world difficult - but was definitely pleasantly surprised.

The new traps are great - my favorite is the Electric Minion - then the Iron Maiden. I haven't used the Boulder of Death yet - I wanted to wait until I had it completely maxed out, so after another Endless game, I should be good to go with that. =oP

Thank you guys so so so much for the update! It's great having new life in the game along with the bug fixes! =oD

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've only played a few levels (busy with FTL!) but I like the two princesses, and the starting with all floor available, it adds variety, it's nice that they aren't the same as the other levels.

18. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Doombad is on sale this weekend through 5/26 on iOS, Google Play and Amazon's Appstore. Just 99 cents! Can't beat that! :D

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thinking about getting this for .99 but not a fan of buying games with iap and wonder how annoying this games is with IAPs?

20. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012