Universal Castle of Cards - Relax and Build

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by FrozenPepper, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I've used the last one and my thoughts about the game coming tomorrow.

2. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Been fiddling for some time now, and I can't say I'm very good. This is tricky stuff!
    My first impression was honestly confusion and frustration. Soon enough I figured out how to get my tower going.
    There is something compelling about this game. Every time my cards fell, I had to try again. And every time I succeeded, I wanted to keep going. It's a good game to fiddle with while listening to my music.
    My overall impressions after having played for awhile: I really admire the realism. Both in the physics and the visuals, this game seems like the real thing. I'm also impressed with the precision of the controls, and it's necessary because there's such a fine line between success and collapse. (I do wish there were some way to better coordinate the multi-touch adjusting of the cards so I could still tilt them even when they were close together. I'm sure it's the way it is so that it doesn't confuse which card is being adjusted, but maybe if the game could recognize when there were four points of contact with the screen and then lock the bases of the cards - regardless of how close they were - so you could adjust the angle without it worrying about position? I don't really know of a better solution.)
    One thing I really wish was different is the floating camera. If the camera was set so that I coule adjust its position and then have it lock in place while I was moving cards I think I would like it better. It's sometimes frustrating to be moving the cards in vertical space only to have the camera shifting on me at the same time.
    Overall, I'm really impressed with the realism and the challenge of this game. I do wish there was more to it, though. There is not much to do besides building the same pyramidal tower over and over. That said, there really is something compelling about the challenge here. I'll give it four out of five as it stands (no pun intended).

3. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Huge thanks for the great feedback ! Will definitely spend some more time on the camera movements.
    About more to do, we where thinking of some kind of levels where you had to build towers following a certain shape, harder / easier physics options. Also more cards to build with would be cool.

And here are 3 more promo codes
    H6ET4JK6PH4F
    HN3W7F33XK3Y
    MEFYXHJT7YKF

please post once used

4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    All redeemed already :)

5. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    wow, that was fast...
    other 3 then :
    99T7XATEHPAR
    FHR3PMXF6HAF
    FHWLEW7Y3FJA

PLEASE post used codes ....

6. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I like the idea of making a castle from cards in digital but controls, camera with nonexistent that "oh this will be balanced" thing feel so frustrated.

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    FHWLEW7Y3FJA thank you!!!

8. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Got FHR3PMXF6HAF! Thanks!

9. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Happy to write that "Castle of Cards" will be free for this week end !
    All feedback will be much appreciated

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nice, thanks! \:D/

11. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Hope you will like it :)

12. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Happy to write that Castle Of Cards will be free for the weekend !
    Starting from Friday august 19th till the morning (according to time zones) of monday.

Hope you'll enjoy it

13. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Wow, Sweet as! I'll check it out :)