Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night....

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Delusionaltool, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    True I noticed that too I am just hoping that the graphics issues are fixed before released. But yeah you are right on the second point as well I guess but if this is done in a Puzzle Quest type fashion where it is a full game based around the puzzle aspect it could be really good.

2. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    At least this is a step up from Frogger Inferno... >.>

3. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    If you want to play this game now; here you go http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id338216458?mt=8

This is not the actual game It is just very similar with the whole "puzzle fighter" genre. It's a ported Wii game if you were wondering.

4. Flowbee Haircut

Flowbee Haircut Active Member

Mar 30, 2010
    This could be awesome. Please let it be awesome.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I hope that they really put the effort into this game that they could. If it turns out to have the depth of a Puzzle Quest or Castlevania game, I'll be happy. But this is the iPhone division of Konami we're talking about here, so I won't get my hopes up.

6. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Yeah I hope they put effort in too. But at least Konami's iPhone division is better than Sega's...

7. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, at least they run at full speed... But that's unrelated to the topic of how disappointed we are that it's not SOTN.

Man, why couldn't it have been made by Capcom or Ubisoft...

8. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    this game is nothing like puzzle fighter at all , maybe with the fighting element, but the puzzle element not even close....this castlevania puzzle game is more along the lines of puzzle fighter / mortal kombats puzzle game from deception... blocks fall from the top of the screen and you break them by matching 3....

9. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Yeah you are right it's not the same, but Octo's puzzle system is actually unique. I'm not going to say it's better than this game (cause it hasn't come out yet), but I'm just tired of developers not thinking outside the box when it comes to match 3.

In Octo you have to match colors to a numbered cell, and once you create the match you can keep adding the color you used for the original match to make a combo, and do a super attack. Keep kicking butt to knock your opponent to win.

I'm not good at explaining things, but what I'm trying to say is that unless a ton of elements are added to Castlepuzzle; I'm just going to stick with Octo.

10. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Because they don't have the rights to port it. Only Konami would because they own the CV franchise.

11. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I could be wrong here, but I think they're saying:

"Why couldn't Capcom or Ubisoft come up with Castlevania? Maybe then we'd get a decent port on the iPhone."

12. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Oh... I don't pick up on that kind of stuff lol.

13. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Looking at the current main story on the Main Page of TA I officially have some higher hopes for this game.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, that's what I wanted. It seems like most of their major games are getting some sort of decent port to the iPhone. Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil Degeneration/4, Assassin's Creed (it was actually better than the DS version), Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Brothers in Arms DS (Hour of Heroes on the iPhone), and the list just goes on. As for Konami, we have... spinoffs. That's why I wanted Ubisoft or Capcom to make this game.

15. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
  16. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    if this game sales well, i wouldnt be surprised to see SOTN or a an actual castlevania game...

17. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
  18. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Man if they did port SotN to the iPhone, can you imagine how tough it would be to do some of the spell combos Alucard does? I had a hell of a time with some of bigger combo's on a regular controller... let alone on a touchpad lmao.

In any event, this game looks ok. Not great, but ok. I will probably purchase it out of being a huge fan of the series, but we'll see when it comes to price.

19. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK