Catch The Ark (from Chillingo) - WAS £0.69 ===> NOW FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Lets see $1000 a month on Chillingo IAPs times twelve months...that's twelve thousand plus tax
    Yep that seems fair
    Hope you get your coins and doubler back

2. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    I changed my mind Connector. I decided to submit to Chillingo just to give the system a chance:)

3. #43 Connector, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    Wise man, knew my convincing would work eventually ;). But this kind of thing has happened to me 3 times, one time they gave me a $10 itunes gc, and the other time they gave me almost all the inapps possible for free, and in another time, they gave me a great game for free. Most developers have been pretty generous when they screw up data saves when it can impact your inapps and real money, and of course your time and coins.

Anyway, I too am not going to worry about it anymore, I got the attention of Chillingo here, filed an official report of my losses, and now will wait and see what happens.

Will report back later what happens, I hope for the best. :D

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the core gameplay of Catch the Ark, but it takes way too much time to grind for boats and upgrades that I just lost interest.

5. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Sounds like let's make a deal. If so hold out for what's behind curtain number three;)

6. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Bugs eating my progress (the last straw that caused me to delete it) aside, this reflects my take as well.

It's got a great look, good controls, nailed the sense of movement and speed, but, even in the original design, kept the carrots of progression too far in the distance to keep me playing consistently.

The new balance is simply asinine from my p.o.v..

7. #47 Connector, Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, I agree, couldn't believe they came out with a boat costing one and a half million dollars or a $40 inapp. I was expecting (hoping) that the price of the boats would come down. Nope, they made it free and increased all inapps including the coin doubler. Without even an early adopter bonus. Greedy developers. So sad.

And they crippled the lower boats and made them less responsive and the top boats are way too responsive now. Argh, what rubbish. All for greed. A sad world we live in. And their greed led to this fantastic update where we lost our coins and boats. Greed kills. Sure hope Chillingo/EA can learn something from this cause it is sad what they are doing to ios gaming.

And the sad thing about this whole thing is, it is not us serious gamers who would pay $40 for one extra boat ($1 maybe fair), but they are making that inapp money off small little kids that buy it without their parents consent, and the parents are either too embarassed to get a refund or just don't know how to get their money back. So sad... Way to exploit little kids Chillingo and EA! Hooray!

8. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    #48 Capricornman, Mar 10, 2013
    Their favorite scene in all movie history is from Wallstreet when Michael Douglas talks about the merits of greed
    Just kidding it's actually the box of chocolates scene:)

9. Well, wanted to let you all know that Chillingo contacted me directly and apologized about this situation and that they are doing their best to rectify this situation. So hopefully we all will be happy soon and have all our coins and boats restored.

10. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    That sounds good! Hopefully it'll work out
    Thanks for letting us know

11. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    When will the crash fix update come out? Cant open it, waste of $1 dang....