Universal CatSpin (by Phure Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Kusanagi

Kusanagi Well-Known Member

You got a promo code, so you don't even need to pay a buck :p

Hey btw guys, this is really unusual for a developer to do so, but I'm asking this anyway to people who already own the game as well as people interested:

We have a fully working level editor in which we made the 'official' levels as well... at the beginning of development we were already considering to include this level editor into the full game, to make your own levels and then be able to send them to your friends and challenge them with your own made level...

There are 2 factors which have stopped us from doing so, but there is going to be a next update soon which will include some cool extra stuff... it will probably be the last update as we decided to go further...

These 2 factors are:

- Including this from the start would have meant a delayed release date for us in the beginning, so we released CatSpin without the editor at first... there is also no good solution for exchanging data online yet, unless you own your own expensive server/ network...

- We have come to a point where CatSpin has become pretty passive/ invisible in the sea of apps on the App Store and sales are pretty low right now... the update only did so much for sales and so we are wondering if it's even worth to include the editor... the whole development would cost too much probably and I wonder if a level editor with online transferable levels which you can send to friends would be wanted by players...

In the end I figured why not just ask?

Who thinks a level editor, in which you can send your own made levels to friends, would be a nice thing and would it convince you to buy the game? Try our free Lite version of CatSpin if you don't know what I'm talking about:

CatSpin is a game which has been featured by Apple on the USA App Store's front page and has been mentioned in a lot of countries' "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" lists!

Be honest about it: we realize more content is always welcome, but look at both sides and share if you think it's going to benefit the game greatly enough...

2. Kusanagi

#22 Kusanagi, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    I decided to make Neko; CatSpin's cat in 3D, just for the fun of it in my free time...

Hope you like it: if we ever make this game 3D, at least now I got a model for the hero ^_^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The line through the middle of his "mantle" is supposed to be there actually: it's in the texture and not a mistake of mirroring... ;)

3. Kusanagi

#23 Kusanagi, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2020
    Screen01.png Screen03.png Screen04.png Screen05.png Screen06.png Screen02.png
    It's been 10 years since the first release of CatSpin for iOS devices. It's been built from the ground up. Puzzles are harder and physics more realistic!

Many of you who were around in 2010 might remember CatSpin which I described here and became quite popular at the time. Even Apple promoted the game on the front page of the US App Store with a banner of their own and also put it on many countries' "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" lists.

For all of you who don't remember or simply don't know CatSpin:
    • Featured on the front page of the US App Store!
    • Mentioned on the "New and Noteworthy" list in the US App Store and many other countries!
    • Mentioned on the "What's Hot?" list on The Netherlands' App Store and many other countries!

* iPhoneclub.nl: "The quality and inventiveness of the levels reminds me of the better Mario-games which is a great compliment to the makers".

Key features:
    • A whole new concept of playing a platform game!
    • 55 levels to unlock!
    • Online High Scores with Game Center's Leaderboards! Compete with players all over the world!
    • Adventure and puzzle elements!
    • Virtual buttons or Accelerometer motion-controls!
    • Crisp and beautiful HD 2D graphics!
    • Funky music and soundeffects!
    • Perfect for speedruns!

CatSpin is a puzzle/adventure game with a whole new spin to it!

Our hero’s name is Neko. His cool hat might make him look a bit mysterious, but it’s just something random he came up with while dreaming this whole adventure.

After running around and playing the whole day, Neko goes home to get some rest. Soon he is dreaming about a world full of lucky coins and he wants to collect them all!

It seems that every time he collects all the lucky coins around, a magical door opens and he is able to go to another room. To his surprise the next rooms also have coins in them. Neko’s curious about how many rooms there could be and how many lucky coins he will be able to get.

And that is where you step in! You can help Neko by controlling him through the world! And not only that; you can control the world itself! By rotating it round and round, using either the virtual buttons or the accelerometer, you make sure Neko is able to get to places that he would otherwise not have been able to reach. But watch out! When you rotate, keep in mind that fire always wants to burn up, rocks always fall down and wind keeps coming from the sides; this might just do all kinds of funky stuff!

Try beating the highest score for every level on the online Leaderboards!

This adventure/puzzle is perfect for speedruns!

Will Neko find out how many rooms there are?

Will he get all the lucky coins?

Let’s find out!

2010 YouTube trailer (old version):

4. Kusanagi

I have some promo codes available for anyone interested. Limited supply so first come first served!

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Kusanagi feel free to posts some promo codes HERE, but for sake of potential feedback I suggest you to give them upon requests only. Otherwise you might end up without even a thank you.

Kusanagi likes this.
  6. Kusanagi

Hah, thanks for the tip! ;P

macplash likes this.