Chances of Real Racing 2? (only on 3GS)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kintaro360, Jul 24, 2009.

1. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Imagine 40 cars at once! :D Everyone in this thread needs to chill out. There's nothing wrong with wishful thinking. There's nothing wrong with his title. If you don't like then leave these forums.

2. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    You're telling me.. :p also the title was changed, it was misleading before. Not "I hate you" misleading. Not sure what's up with some people..

40 cars sounds hectic. I hate driving in busy traffic.

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Did U call us all Brainless ? :p

4. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    #24 Paulio, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    Technically yes, but I gave good reason :p
    take it lightly and learn from it.

It was only directed at people who had posted without actually thinking, a small percentage of everyone who posted. I don't remember who, but if you look at my correct ideas and reasons and turn back and look at other posts, you will learn who.

5. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    Paulio is damn right. Respect his opinion!

6. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    i was joking

7. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    ty. Although what you said was not worded quite perfectly, it doesn't make it anyless of a question. It is inevitable that games will ditch the old hardware for the new. Look at any tech, eg. PS1, great console, great games - no longer made for. It took almost a couple of (long spanned) generations, but it's obsolete, coolest thing now is to make them into pencil cases.

Have you ever considered becoming a stand-up comedian?

8. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    OK guys, let's settle down. No Flaming.

9. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Where is the fire?

Pro tip: it's out.

10. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i think it would be stupid to make a real racing only for 3GS. Worst idea ever. Plus i doubt itll ever even happen.

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Fact isn't based on opinion, dude.

12. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    lmao :D

13. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Ok basically here is the run down;
    3GS is not just a device it is a benchmark. It's the third iPhone and it's stats compare relatively. In September when Apple updates their iPod line, the third iPod touch will be released, probably with equal or better stats than the 3GS. Thus a game dedicated to the 3GS would inevitably run on the the iPod touch 3G and all post 2009 iDevice's. This is not a question of if this will happen, it is a question of when. Obsoletion is inevitable.

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Don't U peepz remembr ?
    Team 17 wantd to make worms for 3gs hw spex ?
    They wantd to add some shaders n God knows wat othr fancy stuff to it.

There is nothing wrong in setting the 3gs hw as a benchmark guys, Just give it some time, may be after 2 gens of iPods n iPhones, we'll all upgrade :p

15. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    I don't agree with that so much. With the advancements in tech, I presume in 2 years I will have upgraded my not yet built computer. If Apple takes gaming seriously, they need to make a device that will last more than one year. That's not apple, it probably won't happen. If you want gaming on your iDevice, you'll be updating next year. It's peak timing too, with the end of the 24 month 3G contract. That's if they can handle no tweaks for two years.

16. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Apparently the thread starter lacks common sense as just because he owns a 3GS, he thinks everyone else does. Let's just ignore this thread, or keep him happy by saying "yes!" as every post.

17. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Everyone's panicking over nothing. Let's list out the possible scenarios for any title from now on:

1) A new game is released with no additional 3GS features. (only runs faster)
    2) A new game is released with additional support for 3GS. (looks prettier on 3GS)
    3) A new game is released for 3GS only. (excludes the majority of the market)
    4) An existing game gets 3GS support.
    5) An existing game gets a 3GS version.

Option 1 hurts nobody, and 3GS owners are unlikely to complain over the lack of shaders if they don't benefit the game.

Option 2 makes everybody happy, except perhaps the developer :)

Option 3 is possibly viable business even now for those developers who are interested in testing out the early adopter market. For games with high production values 3GS-only versions are very unlikely to happen until the majority of the people buying games have been proven to have migrated to the 3GS hardware.

Option 4 may make sense for some titles now, but it's my educated guess that the developer benefits more from making a separate version for sale on 3GS. Maybe this will change in the long run.

Option 5 shouldn't hurt anyone since those with a 3GS are given the option to get a version that takes better advantage of their hardware. For example, the announced 3GS version of Blue Skies is a good example.

It's all just business as usual, and as said, no major title is going to leave out the majority of the market. It's going to be a gradual shift, not a radical one.

18. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    Actually I don't own a 3GS. And you son, are very egoistic. You want the developement to stand still, just because most people own a iPhone 2G & 3G?