Chaos Rings III (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hambo12, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Where did you get those screenshots? I like the new graphics but it looks so freemium.. Cards to?

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

My body and my wallet are ready! Just give us the Game :D

3. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    You aren't scared there might be more than 1 IAP??

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It looks like the art style went from Final Fantasy VIII in Chaos Rings II to Final Fantasy X for this one, which is a nice change. Love seeing the house shots and Christmas tree! If it is premium, I do hope there are no IAPs.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    This doesn't look anything like a Chaos Rings games. Too colorful graphics, generic anime artwork, bland character designs...

Is Media Vision the one making this game?

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I hope they change up the premise of the story in this one. After 3 chaos rings games it's getting a little predictable on how the story will go. But I won't go into that due to spoilers for those who haven't played previous games.

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    All the battle screenshots show 3 characters instead of 2, so it's pretty safe to say that it won't follow the premise of 1 and Omega.

8. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    So the main characters name is nazca a 16 year old boy who travels to marble blue to find paradise.

9. JossX1

JossX1 Member

May 20, 2012
    Here's a new 9 minutes video from japanese game developers.
    This is vita version but according to what they said it'll look like this on ios platform too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWKM3a7AUTM#t=186

Exploration remember me Kingdom Hearts a lot, it also looks beautiful with full 3D environments.
    Enjoy

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Nice! Finally they've switched to full 3D environments. Didn't liked the static pre-rendered scenes from CR1&2 that much so that's kinda cool. Looks good so far. Thanks for sharing.

11. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    So excited.!!!! This is even more exciting than ff7.... I think

12. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    FF7's good, but definitely overrated. People remember it fondly because it was an extremely popular and well-advertised gateway RPG.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Overrated... Pfft. If it isnt that good then the whole world, save you and a few, should be wrong.

Gateway is definitely right though. FF7 opened up a new world in gaming.

14. Mamalovesyou

Mamalovesyou Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Looks more like kingdom hearts than chaos rings,I don't think I like the cartoony filter too much.Chaos ring games have always had a distinct mature art style which made them unique sort of like last story, this just looks almost 'generic'.
    Though gameplay is what matters if the characters and story lives up to the previous games then I'll be a happy man.:)

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think exactly the same.

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Agreed on this one. Just weird to see the Kingdom Hearts style. I loved I & II's mature art style.

17. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Oh.......

Judging from watching the video, gone will be the traditional Chaos Rings style and gameplay....it's both a good and a bad thing.

The new updated graphics and interface look nice, even in 3D! The level of customization seems to be improved also. The story would most probably have almost NO connection to any of the previous games.

THE BAD:
    -Game seems to manifest a 'battle card' style system, which means there will be GATCHA, daily login presents, etc. This also means that the game might not be able to be played OFFLINE; there might be a constant internet connection requirement....just like FINAL FANTASY AGITO (iOS). This is NOT music to my ears. Games with these 'GATCHA' card systems are usually online only. Damn you, SQUARE ENIX, why couldn't you just make the cards rare drops or something that could be obtained in-game!?

18. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Online? :( ughh there is no wifi in college :(