iPad Charmed and charmed lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TIMELESS, Sep 18, 2009.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Initial Impressions

Seems like a standard match-3 game until you notice:

- You have to clear the gold squares to up a level
    - You can turn your iPod/iPhone around to affect how gravity works
    - Permanently blocked squares create very interesting strategic possibilities, especially with gravity control
    - There's a freeze button to hold all the icons in place while you move things around

This is not your daddy's match-3, it's a whole new experience!

The game also have OpenFient achievements, great music, and a good handful of game modes.

This is an excellent game that I'd recommend to any match-3 fan because it's unique and so well done.

2. #102 MindJuice, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    Charmed Moving On Up!

Thanks to all for the recent reviews and praise. It is great to hear!

Charmed is currently featured by Apple in the Hot New Games category, and we've made it as high as:
    #24 US Games/Board category
    #36 US Games/Puzzle category

#20 Canada Games/Board category
    #32 Canada Games/Puzzle category
    We would LOVE to break the top 20 in the both these categories in the US and Canada!

If you've been considering buying Charmed, now would be the best time to show your support for Mind Juice! If you buy Charmed today it will help push us up a little higher on the charts while we are still featured!

Thanks to any and all who have already purchased Charmed, and to those who will do so now or in the future!

Here are a few screenshots in case you haven't see Charmed before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Charmed Top 20 Contest!

[​IMG]
    See the new Charmed Top 20 Contest thread on Touch Arcade to win one of two $50 iTunes Gift Cards!

4. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    #104 Sxethang, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    My Review.

This Is an amazing game, I used to like Bejeweled, but never like this. From the moment I picked it up I was unable to put it down. If you're thinking of a match 3 game, this is a must. And at .99, it's a steal, Now can you say that about Bejeweled? Does Bejeweled have Open Feint? Does it let you turn your phone all different directions to play? Can you earn achievements with Bejeweled? Um..NO! Now can you afford .99? Then do yourself a favor and save a couple bucks and pick the better game in the process. You won't be disappointed!

5. AlvinDj

AlvinDj Well-Known Member

Awesome puzzle game with OpenFeint integrated for only 99cents ! It's really a steal ! The UI/Graphics are great ! A very good pick-up and play game. Highly recommended for any puzzle lovers out there !

6. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    I played the Lite version for 20 minutes before realizing that you can flip the game in all directions- doing so affects the GRAVITY. I bought the full version last night.

At $0.99 its a steal. I spent far more that that on my coffee this morning, which doesn't react so well to gravity. When I flipped my coffee cup upside down, it spilled all over the floor.

Charmed doesn't make such a mess.

7. Linzy

Linzy Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Singapore
    #107 Linzy, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    A very very fun puzzle game at a steal of only 99cents ! Got very addicted to it since the first day I started playing... love the whole gameplay style and the graphics are amazing ! Puzzle lovers out there, this is definitely "must buy" for you !

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    1.6 update is out

What's new
    • Fixes a major freeze-up defect that occurred with OpenFeint Achievements.
    • Purple blocks now rotate with the level.
    • New icon.

9. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Purple blocks move now? oh...this is gonna be different! I'm wondering if I should complete all the levels as they are now before the update just to experience them normally. I think I only got to 30 on endless. What say you MindJuice? Will this change gameplay dramatically? Also, will Xmas Charmed also have this update?

10. It doesn't actually change the gameplay at all, so you can go ahead and update. :)

The purple blocks just rotate in place so that the highlight is always facing the up direction. They never move from the square they are in. The gold tiles already rotated like this and I found it odd that the blocks did not!

So it's just a cosmetic thing.

11. Updates for iTunes Reviews and Ratings?

V1.6 of Charmed was just approved and Charmed is in the New and Noteworthy section on iTunes!

I'd really appreciate it if those of you who left reviews and ratings before could update them for the current version, even if you just left the review yesterday, since that was for V1.5 and now V1.6 is out!

THANKS EVERYONE!:)

12. Thinking about your comment some more though is giving me some new gameplay ideas!

What if the purple blocks COULD move in some way? Perhaps slide along some recessed tracks? Hmmm...I'll have to ponder this a bit!

13. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Spoken like a true game developer.. :D

14. Zack

Zack Member

Dec 8, 2009
    ...and my eyes hurt! oh the purple.....

15. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #115 jyhjyh, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    And now the old system-engineer can play Charmed without WiFi ;)

Congratulations from Copenhagen/Denmark :)

I really hope that Charmed will get more sales than the monotonous and outdated Bejeweled.

16. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    I'm always humming Prince's Purple Rain when I play Charmed ;)

17. Purple is the color of Royalty!

All hail the new King of Match 3!!! LOL ;)

18. Glad that the update fixed things for you. I thought you were getting WiFi soon! ;)

19. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    I will purchase a WiFi-router in a few days - but I'm busy playing Charmed :)

20. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009

:D Happy to inspire new games modes!