Universal Chase & Hunt (by RGB Game Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rgbgamestudios, Oct 22, 2015.

1. rgbgamestudios

rgbgamestudios Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Control Schemes

Hello Billy,

Firstly thanks for the feedback and Iam really happy that you are enjoying the game.

As for the control schemes I will add the option for on screen controls for next update.

The update should be available by January 1st week.Apple shutdown for Christmas break and it takes around a week for them to approve.
    I already have it implemented and AppUnwrapper had mentioned to put the option for On screen controls.

Apology for the delay of 10 days. I will submit the patch as soon as Apple reopen review.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Sounds awesome! Again congrats on a game that really is unique on an AppStore that has how many millions of games. Just so you understand I actually updated my iPhone to iOS 9.2 to play your game. I had no intentions of upgrading. But I wanted to play your game so much that I did. Lol

I look forward to the update. Thank you very much for being willing to listen to feedback. I look forward to the arrows. I would try the tilt but I simply cannot get it to activate.

Billy

3. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    #23 falco, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Just an idea or improvement, I have not played the game yet, like when you fly at very high altitude, you could implement an ealge vision that zoom to spot preys, you know the eagle eye... ?

4. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    The Tilt control doesn't work plus when I want to turn left it turn right and when I want to turn right it turn left! I tried all the option.

5. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Could you add a manual camera view that I can control?, I would like to see the bird from every angle :)

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Yea it won't stay check marked. I've tried everything.

What device are you using I don't have the left is right and right is left issue.

Billy

7. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Looks like you beat fugl out the door

8. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Hi LordShad0wz,
    Did you press Apply in the options screen after you finished setting up your controls.
    On my test device(iPhone6) it stays checked if you press Apply.

9. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Hi Falco,
    I think you have to calibrate the tilt option.
    After you enable the tilt you need to press calibrate button and hold the device still for 2 seconds. The position you hold it in should be your default position.

10. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Interesting

This is a very good suggestion. Will try to incorporate in the coming update

11. trancemanelk

trancemanelk Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Hello. Is there a day/night cycle?

12. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Yes this feature is there in timed mode, which actually is the most intensive and challenging one
    The hunt starts at dawn(7 am) and ends at dusk (7 pm) which is simulated within 15 minutes in game time. It also rains and snows in between in some levels.

13. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    I use an iPhone 6

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #34 LordShad0wz, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    I'm pressing apply every time and it won't stick. That's what I'm saying. It won't work. I'm check marking tilt. I calibrate and wait. I tap apply. And it doesn't work. I pause the game again and tilt is once again uncheck marked. It's broken.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it was a borked install but it's doing the same behavior. I even check marked tilt and didn't calibrate. I clicked apply. I go into mission mode and the joystick is there. Same thing. It simply won't stay check marked.

Billy

15. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Found it

Hi Billy,

I am able to reproduce the issue. The bug has been noted and will be fixed in next issue
    Also on screen touch controls will be added.

To enable tilt controls follow these steps
    1. Check the tilt option control, and do not press the calibrate button.
    2. Now press apply in the options screen.
    3. Now go back to options screen and press calibrate and hold the device in the default position u like and press apply again. Remember the tilt option will be checked and don't touch that this time around

The above steps should enable the tilt controls.
    Thanks for finding this issue, usually I do not calibrate the tilt. But different people hold devices at different angle to their eyes and since it is a flying game this allows for choices.

Let me know if you are able to enable it

Best Regards
    Ganesh

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok

Well there's partial success.

I followed your instructions. Tilt does indeed enable. However,

Turning left turns the eagle right and turning right turns the eagle left. I cannot fly up or down at all. I calibrated multiple times in different positions with no change. I check and unchecked invert to no effect.

Trying to tilt up or down does nothing to the point that the screen flips.

At this point the tilt controls are just unusable.

It's ok. I appreciate the response. I know you will get it fixed. I am more looking forward to the arrows that I tap to increase and decrease speed. That will really be awesome.

Billy

17. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Hello,
    I have figured out the problems, what falco said is also indeed correct
    The issue is tilt works when the home button is on the left side when u hold the device. So when the device home button is on the right the tilt controls break down completely.
    Apologies for the bug on my part. All these issues will be resolved in next patch.

If anyone is interested in using tilt controls make sure the home button is on the left side and also calibrate device in that position.

Best regards,
    Ganesh

18. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Ok cool thank you, I'n glad you found the problem :)

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #39 LordShad0wz, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    To Ganesh and Falco,

Thank you! Normally I loath tilt controls but let me tell you this game totally kicks ass with tilt. I'm no longer getting frustrated with the swiping. I'm sitting here smiling while I play. This is effing awesome! The way the tilt is done is absolutely awesome and doesn't require huge movements. Thank you Falco for figuring out to put the home button to the left!

To Ganesh,

A quick question and comment. I have found 2 feathers. I went to the upgrade screen and wanted to upgrade the focus. It won't let me apply the two feathers. I'm pressing the + button and nothing is happening. Do you need a certain number of feathers to upgrade ? I don't see it said anywhere. Also you should add social media functionality. I would love to post caps to Twitter that link it to the game. Most of my Twitter followers are other iOS gamers and developers. It would help spread the word for sure.

This game really really needs more attention. People if you are on iOS 9 with an iPhone 5 you really want this game. It's beautiful and really really fun!

Billy

20. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Hello Billy,
    Glad you like the tilt control,next patch the options screen will be seamless.
    Each upgrade costs 5 feathers you can collect them in timed mode.

The feather color in the top right will become green if you are able to upgrade.
    A small tip I suggest you upgrade focus first since it reduces the time to catch prey.

Social media
    1) You can press the share button at the end of each mission in the summary page.
    2) You can also press the green button in the bottom right on the main menu
    3) You can record a clip of what you are playing also (If you have iPhone 5s and above) there is a record button on the right side of the screen.
    At the end of the recording you can share on popular social media.
    AppUnwrapper uploaded an entire gameplay video without connecting to a Mac to record gameplay.

The first 2 types of share will share the appstore link along with the most recent thing you have done in the game.The 3rd does not but it is a lot of fun to use.

-Ganesh