Universal Chase & Hunt (by RGB Game Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rgbgamestudios, Oct 22, 2015.

1. rgbgamestudios

rgbgamestudios Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    #61 rgbgamestudios, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    There is Zen Mode available where you can roam around and complete the missions on your leisure, there is no time limit, but you also won't find upgrade points in this mode.

The game has 4 large maps each with its own set of sound tracks/colors/props to make them feel them unique.
    Also one of the unique points of the game is the A.I system.

Hoping to hear feedback about the game from you once you have had a chance to play it :).

Thanks for the kind wishes.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #62 LordShad0wz, Jan 2, 2016
    I just unlocked the third map. Really awesome. Getting those monkeys on the Dewshire level was ridiculously hard but once you get it it's very satisfying. The AI really makes you work for it. They even run to the trees and zig zag around the effing trees. I can't tell you how close I was to snatching the monkey, even with the upgrades, to then hit a branch and get stopped dead in my tracks. I then have to reaquire the monkey. A few times I actually lost track of it and it did get away. Just brilliantly done.

I can't wait for the update and the bug fixes. I really can't wait to see the eagle vision. Dev could you upload a quick YouTube video? I'm dying to see it in action. I really like this game.

Billy

3. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    #63 rgbgamestudios, Jan 2, 2016
    Hello Billy,

Firstly Congratulations on your progress in the game. If you feel that you will take a lot of time catching a difficult prey, I suggest you collect some power up before catching that difficult prey since the number of points you get multiplies.

Here is a link to a tweet about the new zoom feature.
    https://twitter.com/Chase_and_Hunt/status/682954052263518209

We feel it really adds a new dimension to the game,really liked working on this feature.

Have fun!

4. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Ok....now this is new....looks gorgeous so defo going to purchase as has good feedback, honest reviews and an active dev, a winning formula for me ✌#️

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #65 LordShad0wz, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    You'll love the game. After hours of playing I suggest you upgrade focus several times. You will find things much easier and fun.

Timed mode is really fun. I unlocked the second level, Dewshire, after about an hour or two of learning how to really play and upgrading focus a few times as well as the bounty amount once.

The feathers will appear anywhere in the levels and regenerate over time in different areas. It also doesn't matter if you fail a mission or come back later on and start an earlier save point. The feathers are persistent. Once you collect them they are yours no matter what. Also you need 5 feathers to upgrade each skill. I have not upgraded speed at all. I find the boost works out nicely and a lot of times you have to slow down to catch the prey because you'll see they start zig zagging and running around stuff to evade. The devs really did a great job with the AI in this regard and it is challenging even on easy. Don't get too frustrated if you fail left and right at first. Just get feathers and upgrade focus a few times.

Billy

6. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I haven't heard any talk of MFI controls. Is this a possibility in the future? If so, this is a no-brainer for me. Regardless, this is a gorgeous game. Great work!

7. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    I have not purchased yet, but if you add controller support and Apple TV support, it will be a an instabuy! Video of the game looks amazing! Congratulations!!!!!!

8. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Personaly, I love tilt control more

9. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    #69 rgbgamestudios, Jan 3, 2016
    MFI Controller Support

Hello,
    We are looking to add MFI Controller support in a future update. I don't know about Apple TV though.
    MFI Controller support will probably be added in the next update.
    I think a lot more iOS gamers actually are getting more mileage from controllers,

Also we would appreciate it if you could also leave a review on the AppStore:). It would really help to increase the visibility of the game.

10. MarcRBravo

MarcRBravo Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I have a persistent glitch on the "not for cat lovers" level. The terrain is all black. I've tried restarting my iPad but the glitch persists. Any ideas?
    If I delete and reinstall will I lose my progress?

11. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    A game so beautiful looking deserves to be experienced on the big screen. I hope you reconsider the Apple TV. If anybody else agrees with this, please post.

Thank you for your quick response to not only my post but all of the post.

12. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    #72 rgbgamestudios, Jan 3, 2016
    Hello,
    Can you post a screen shot of the problem.
    Also can you please mention the iPad model and the operating system version you are using.

The game does not support cloud saves yet.so do not delete the game.

iCloud support is in the works, wanted to actually support in the upcoming patch.

13. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    #73 demod1, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    You don't need Apple TV to experience on the big screen. I just use a HDMI to Lighting cable adapter and plug my phone right into my 120" movie screen. It's quite amazing and there is zero lag. Then I Bluetooth to my phone with my Madcatz Micro C.T.R.L i. Then sit back on my couch with controller in hand and enjoy my mobile... Console style!

14. MarcRBravo

MarcRBravo Member

Dec 31, 2010
    #74 MarcRBravo, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Other than this glitch the rest of the game is awesome so far! The monkeys are making me INSANE lol ;)

iPad mini retina 3

Attached Files:

15. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    You ABSOLUTELY just sold me on this! As I explained above, with my Madcatz controller and my 120" movie screen, this will be an AMAZING experience. Congratulations to the two person team that created this beauty. I will certainly leave a 5 star review for you on the App Store ; )

16. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Hello,
    Thanks for the screenshot and bringing it to my notice, I think i have the problem figured , the time of day setting for that particular mission is wrong,This problem should not appear in the timed mode or zen mode(under the level Dewshire).
    This problem manifests in different forms , on my test devices only the shadows disappeared so I was not able to catch it properly.

I will try to implement mfi controller support as soon as possible. Also I like your idea of turning your iPhone into a console :)

17. Suanko

Suanko Member

Sep 25, 2013
    That's great news. This game is fun and gorgeous but too hard to control for me right now. MFI support will make this game really enjoyable for sure.

18. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    mfi controller support in the works? you got me sold. buying it

19. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Hey GSport whats the point of mobile then ? Why are we all playing on our iPhone or iPad because it is PORTABLE and we don't have to be in front of our BIG Screen.

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Well Falco in fairness to each his/her own. Back when I had my old Motorola Android phone with hdmi out it was freaken awesome to put it on my 52 inch wall mounted tv. And then they came out with a way to use the wiimote Classic and wow I was in my glory. So I get where sport is coming from.

But I also get where you are coming from. I've moved on from that. I don't even want a tablet anymore. I have an iPad and prefer to play my games on my iPhone. I love playing this game on my iPhone. There is absolutely no issues with the on screen or tilt controls with this game. I hate tilt controls but the devs put in a great amount of customization with the different schemes and soon the bug fixes will add to this.

Billy