Universal Chase & Hunt (by RGB Game Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rgbgamestudios, Oct 22, 2015.

1. rgbgamestudios

rgbgamestudios Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    MFI Controller Support

Hello,
    I have started working on the controller support for the game, the controller fits like a glove for the game and improves the overall experience.
    I have to rework on the user interface,since it is either touch or controller but not both. So this will take a little bit of time.
    I am using the SteelSeries Stratus XL. Will post updates as to when the patch will be in shipable state.

2. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    i actually bought that iphone tv out just so i can play some games on tv. some of the immersive games (forgotten memories anyone?) deserves tv treatment :p

3. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    perfect, im using stratus XL too

4. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Omg those graphics are the real deal.. I'm definitely giving this a try.

I always love supporting devs that try out different things and have a passion for making games :)

5. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Appreciate the support. Would love to hear your feedback/thoughts on the game.

6. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Update

Hello,
    Apple review process is taking more time than usual and i think the new patch may be delayed slightly, this is because of christmas break. So you guys have to wait a little longer.

MFI Controller Update
    This is coming along nicely all the UI implementation is done, the patch should be ready in a week, this is the button configuration i have chosen.

A - Accelerate
    B - Decelerator
    Y - Boost
    X - Zoom
    Left trigger- Control direction

Of course you can control sensitivity and invert y as usual
    Let me know what you guys think

7. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Chase & Hunt Patch 1.3

Hello,
    The game update 1.3 is now available for download on the App Store, post your impressions about the new features here :).

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok I have the update.

First off. All the control issues are fixed and the new on screen arrows work perfectly. I love them. Thank you!

Next on to the eagle vision. I like it. Nicely done. It zooms quickly and resets quickly. It follows your movement nicely while active. I've used it in quick flick on and off motions to see if it's the prey I want.

So far I'm not encountering any new bugs or issues. A very nice update devs. Nice work!

Billy

9. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    #89 demod1, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    Sooooooo looking forward to this!!!! I already gave you a 5 star App Store review because this game is amazing! Great job!

10. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    The last two updates made my decision to buy easy. Great work.

A suggestion: is it possible to have a screen where people with controllers can set their own layout?

11. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Wow very good improvement, good work! Love the new eagle eye view :)

12. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    #92 rgbgamestudios, Jan 9, 2016
    Thanks for the impressions. Looks like the update was smooth and didn't cause any new bugs in the game.

Hello demod1
    Which device do you have?,I feel an iPhone6 and above should produce a decent image quality on that large 120'' screen, an iPhone6s should give the best image quality though ,since it has the highest Antialiasing setting.
    Ofcourse iPadAir and above also will do the trick.

Our work monitors are 24'' and it looks really great on that.

Hello Zendorphin,

Very happy that you are getting the game, will wait for your thoughts/impressions on the game , hope you like it :).
    I will think about the customisation for controllers .

-Ganesh

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #93 LordShad0wz, Jan 9, 2016
    Everyone should leave reviews on the AppStore. It's really bare and deserves some reviews. I've just updated mine. I'm the windbag reviewer named LordShadowz lol

Billy

14. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Hi Billy,

You have been most kind LordShadowz :). Much appreciated.

-Ganesh

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    For some reason my updated review still isn't showing. I resubmitted it.

And no, truthfully what you devs have created is unique and special. It certainly deserves more attention. I wish someone like Eli or another TA official would do a full review and front story of this game. Honestly I know of no other game like this on the AppStore and with so many games that in and of itself is amazing. Anyways hopefully you will see my review by tomorrow. I went into pretty much every aspect of the game a little bit.

So what's the roadmap for the game? Will there be paid expansion packs down the road? I'd like to support further development.

Billy

16. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    #96 rgbgamestudios, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Hi Billy,
    Usually the review takes a day to show where as the rating is updated much faster , I should be able to see it soon.

TouchArcade community is actually really great for start up developers , To tell you the truth We didn't even know it existed until after launch when we should have been active a couple of months before launch. We got a new game in the works this time we want to do it right.

Regarding paid expansions this will definitely happen once more people get to play the game.

-Ganesh

17. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Playing on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad air. I'm holding out for MFI before testing it out on my 120 inch screen. I'm sure it will look very nice as I have played several other games on my big screen that don't hold up graphically to this one and they look very good!

18. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    Hey,
    I have finished most of the the implementation of MFI Controllers, now I am working on the iCloud Support for the game.

Btw how many of you have cleared 2 levels (in timed mode) atleast, You will start the see the "Real AI" from third level onwards, although I found it a lot easier using a controller :).

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I did. And yea I had thought the monkeys were a$$holes. They were just the warm up lol

That's so awesome you are adding iCloud support. You guys are awesome.

So. You dropped a bomb that you were working on another game. Are you going to make me beg to get more info? You've made a fan out of me now. You can't just drop a bomb like that and then say nothing more.

Billy

20. rgbgamestudios

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    #100 rgbgamestudios, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Yeah iCloud is one of the last remaining must have features for the game, after this updates to the game will be mostly gameplay related.

Lol, you do not need to worry, you get beta invite automatically, not as a spoilers or anything we are planning a RPG using the same technology we developed for Chase & Hunt.Details are not solid yet , but will create a thread as soon as we have something ready.