Universal Chippy Fish & Chip Shop Simulator (by GLITCHE.RS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by glitchers, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Xissoric

Xissoric Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Wow, this looks awesome! Just wondering what the requirements are for this.

2. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    This looks good but am not paying that much.

will wait until it goes free or 69p in 2 weeks :D

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow well I've just been playing this and it's pretty cool, I think I might have an advantage having worked in a chippy myself :D
    I spotted the Johnny two shoes sticker on the door ;)
    To be honest its nothing revolutionary as I've seen this type of game before where your serving the customers as they line up but its got the same kind of quality to it as plunderland where the graphics are really nice and the controls seem perfect.
    Being English fish and chip shops are and have been a big part of my life so I'm glad I now have a chip shop simulator on my iPad. :D
    All for less than the price of some fish and chips #Bargain

Now I'm not far into it yet but it would be cool (and authentic) to see some drunks and have their order floating around or blurry so it makes it harder to know what they want :D

Now back to my chip shop there's people waiting ;)

Edit.
    =Tramp :p

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    This is less than a poke of chips you flipping cheapskate. I too have spent far more time than I'd care to mention hanging around chippies skiving off school playing frogger and moon cresta. Happy days that I will never let my children do. This game is also worth more than the price of a steakburger supper.

5. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Oh my god are people really playing this? Fish and chip simulator?! Looooooool

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    The more I'm playing this the more I'm thinking of enviro bear:D only because of the one hand action,
    Hope that black screen update gets approved soon as I'm getting it when pressing the play again button :eek:

Hehe yep I never thought I'd see the day where I could say I'm playing a chip shop simulator :D and enjoying it.

7. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    What the hell is a 'poke' of chips?

if you mean portion then no, my local chippy sells them for £1.20

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Uh.. Is that british?
    Either way, this game has french fries.
    I approve.

9. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    I love fish & Chip will I enjoy this game?

10. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Anything wrapped in paper is a poke where I come from. Throw in a pickled egg and you're there.

11. glitchers

glitchers Member

Oct 24, 2013
    The requirements are iPhone 3GS and up with at least iOS6. iPad 2 and above.

12. glitchers

glitchers Member

Oct 24, 2013
    There won't be a price drop, sorry.

13. glitchers

glitchers Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Drunks is a planned feature update!

Also the black screen bug was fixed and submitted yesterday to Apple. It's still in review but I guess this will be sorted within the next 24 hours as we have an expedited review.

14. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm also having an issue with a crash. I'm not sure if it's the same problem with the fryer. I'm reputation level 15, and the challenge is "Keep your customers happy and your freezer closed for 1.5 minutes". When I complete the level the game crashes. I tried it a couple times on my iPhone 4s running iOS 7.0.3 with all other apps closed.

It's really not a big deal. :) I enjoyed the first several levels, and I'm looking forward to the update.

15. hugo

hugo Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Creative Technical Director
    London
    I've found the cause of that crash, and fixed it. Will be in the 1.0.3 update. We'll post when that's gone live on our twitter @glitche_rs. For now you can get passed that level by not completing the challenge I believe

Thanks for the feedback!

16. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I thought this looked fun but was unsure as I thought it might be boring after 5 mins.

No way, bought it yesterday morning and I can't tear myself off it. Superb game! (And to my brother: stop being a cheap arse and buy it :p)

17. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    We really need to look into that whole, "custom titles for cheapskates" thing... ;):D

DBC

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Seriously??

19. glitchers

glitchers Member

Oct 24, 2013
    When you say IAP, you don't need them, do you mean developers shouldn't use them or you can play a free game without paying?

Just interested, because we're against IAP for currency.

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I agree, I don't mind an IAP to unlock the full game but I really don't like disposable currency IAP's.

I swear I can smell salt and vinegar when I'm playing this game :D just had chips today too ;)