Universal Chippy Fish & Chip Shop Simulator (by GLITCHE.RS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by glitchers, Oct 30, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #61 oooooomonkey, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    Lol ;)

I'm not even going to reply anymore to iPad2user, it's going to far off topic.
    Other than to say good riddance cheap skate :p
    Hold on is cheap skate offensive to the people without much money?? Pah who cares :p

The world is a crazy place, people get offended far to easy these days.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Damn! I'm getting a crash after the update when a game completes after the leave the freezer closed for a minute and a half challenge is completed. Completed the challenge twice in and it crashed both times.

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Quick question, whats the best chippy in britan?
    Quality vs price wise.
    Also, is this kinda like where you have to do multi task or do you have to take customers one at a time?

4. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #64 slamraman, Nov 2, 2013
    Ivy leaf in Stranraer - hands down.
    It's quite arcadey more than a time management sim.

5. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Chippy a round mine are nice and authentic as I live close to the sea :D
    The game you have to serve the customers first come first served but you can stock up on products by cooking lots of fish or chips etc and piling them up in the counter.
    Then you have things like flys to deal with and not burning the food etc.

I literally lmao, once i had a customer who wanted just one portion of fish and there was a fly in my shop and I swatted the fly with his fish while taking it from the counter to the paper and the fly landed in the fryer :D he still got his fish and I had to get the fly out of the fryer and put it in the bin. He never saw a thing ;)

6. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I'm assuming this was in real life, and that the game isn't that obscenely detailed. :D

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    :p I'm not sure:confused: will offend other fly's by saying I put one of them in the fryer :rolleyes:
    it was a huge fat fly with only one leg, ginger hair and an accent ;)

For now I think the only way to get last that challenge is finish the level without doing the challenge and you can continue on, that's how I did it anyway.

8. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I have ginger hair and a scottish accent and am wholly offended by what you have just made me read. Yep - just skipped that challenge. I was just so pleased to have achieved it only to have it ripped away. Properly enjoying the game though.

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #69 oooooomonkey, Nov 2, 2013
    Hehe one more for the funny reel, my guy has two hands the same :eek:
    Really I tried not to laugh in case I offended him but I couldn't hold it in.

Edit, oops uploaded the wrong pic :D but he did have two hands the same once there was a women hand too? Either that or my guy was wearing nail varnish :D

10. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I get a green nail varnished hand too sometimes. In the game, I mean.

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I'm enjoying this one a lot. The charm alone warrants the price tag.

12. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    You've been sticking your hands in the mushy peas again.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Argh what do I do now? I'm at level 28 and it goes no further :eek:
    I'd love to see a festive update for this so people could come in with Christmas hats and things for the Christmas period :D
    Can't put my finger on why this is so addictive:confused: but it is.

14. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I bet it's 'cause you're working class. ^_^

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    :p watch out you might offend somebody ;)

Edit: woah just noticed we both joined TA at the same time :D

16. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Yeah, but I probably joined more January-er than you. >_>

17. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    The wife and I are enjoying this game quite a bit. Very fun and well worth the price. My only complaints would be the rather poor tutorial, and it would be nice if it recognized wrapping the paper a little better, although the difficulty might be the point...

Anyhow one question I have is what's with the tip jar? Can you do anything with it? After the first couple tutorial videos I skipped the rest and may have missed something?

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #78 oooooomonkey, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    That might be if your playing on iPod touch, I'm playing on iPad and its fine but my daughters on an iPod 4G and says its a bit hard to do.

19. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

While I am strongly I'm the camp of not making fun of people for their looks, and ESPECIALLY their weight, you literally lost all credibility by using the term "colored people". They're not a new fangled TV set from the 50s.

On that note, I remember my mom talking about the kids in line while she was registering me for school, I think this was for grade 1, and she described one of the kids as a colored girl, all I could think of was some rainbow colored person.

I'm fat. I was fat as a child, lost some weight in my late teens, gained a bunch back, lost it again and gained it back again. I'm currently fairly disabled, meaning I can't get out and be as active as I once was, so my current diet combined with a plethora of different medications also combined with depression which (you guessed it) sees me self medicating with food.

My biggest issue, the thing that really angers me, and Apple, monkey I love you both (platonically, of course) is the very narrow minded idea that we gleefully chose to be overweight.

I'm not saying there aren't people who simply don't care the impact it has on their bodies or lifestyle, but I don't think there are many people who would respond "I love being morbidly obese!" If they were asked.

Saying the vast majority of being overweight is due to greed and laziness is simply, monumentally and egregiously incorrect. If it isn't due to a thyroid issue, which is a major contributor, it could be from medication. But far more often it is an addiction. Some people use heroin, others alcohol, cocaine, and so on, while others are addicted to food. However, unlike illegal substances or even alcohol, you can't go "cold turkey" with food. Imagine if a heroin addict had to see shelves of it for dirt cheap prices every time they went to the store, would anyone really make fun of them if they found it almost impossible, or even relapsed?

And beyond that, many people who are overweight have been that way since they were children. When your body was raised to interact with food from an unhealthy standpoint, it's VERY hard to change that, especially because eating crap is so easy and you get the immediate rewards. Our brains are designed to want immediate rewards, and the long term goals are usually the most difficult to achieve because our brain wants it now, and when we are addicted to food, saying no to something that is as addictive and far more readily available than any illegal drug is very difficult to do, especially when you consider that many of those kids struggled with food from their earliest memories.

Losing weight for a very active person who has a few extra pounds is already challenging, but when that's 30, 40, 100 lbs, it's not just as simple as "eat less, exercise".

Lastly, I believe the possibly billions of books written on the subject goes to show it's not just a simple fix.

As for fat jokes in general, they're cheap shots and are almost always moronic. A fat person with a greasy shirt going into a chip shop? Really? If you're going to poke fun at us fatties, do it in an intelligent and inventive way, cheap shots are just lazy.

I do also find the double standard, regarding addiction, to be telling as to how our society views addiction as a whole. Measure fat jokes against jokes of people who are addicted to drugs, and you'll find a gargantuan disparity.

Us fatties are just so jolly, we must love getting made fun of! It's not like it feeds into our already well established addiction which works as a terrible coping mechanism... You can see where I'm going with this.

The simple fact that I'm agreeing with ipad2 should speak volumes. What this world needs less of is "haha that person is not like me, let's point and laugh!", because who does that help? Seriously, are people terrified that if we aren't made fun of, we'll become even more content in our size and never lose the weight? Or maybe if we teach everyone, even our children, to not make fun of people for their appearance, race, size, etc we might actually end up with a planet where bullies are the minority.

And monkey, I don't mean to question your parenting, but can you see the correlation in kids laughing at "fatties" in a game to laughing at overweight people in real life? Not a day went by where I wasn't made fun of due to my weight, which only contributed to my depression which simply caused me to eat more.

Anyway, I'm getting repetitive here, and none of this is in relation to the game, but the fact is that we don't revel in being fat, and thoughtless comments are just that. You can be funny without being unnecessarily cruel.

To get on topic, I've only seen a bit of the game, but am not entirely sure how it plays out. Is it sort of a time management sort of game mixed with cooking mama? I've become almost entirely reliant on Sanuku's videos!

Seriously, Eli, Jared, etc - help that guy out. I don't think you realize the number of sales that man brings TA!

20. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I identify as a horse and I would prefer that everyone refers to me as "psy-kin", otherwise you're being bigoted and insensitive to my identity. Also, mods should change all instances of "fat" to "Gravitationally Challenged" so as not to offend our independent, empowered gravitationally challenged users.