Universal Chippy Fish & Chip Shop Simulator (by GLITCHE.RS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by glitchers, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Terrific attention to detail in this one. It makes no difference what a game's "about" when it's done as well as this.

Also noticing lately I'm paying more for games on average, feeling better for it, and getting more enjoyment.

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Congrats on being so mature. If only more people could be like you.

3. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Still loving this and should reach level 28 today. One thing I would like is just one big endless high scoring level where it gets harder and faster etc just for one big arcade high scoring challenge. Absolutely love it as it is though.

4. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Ugh. The internet, right? At least I hope people wouldn't say this kind of stuff in public, but who knows... :(

DBC

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well my final words are if South Park do it and its funny then it's funny :D
    This all got far to out of hand, I laughed at one fat person in a game and everyone started taking it as if I was openly insulting people in the real world:confused:
    Just for the record I don't go around insulting and laughing at people in the real world, I've had my fair share of ginger abuse over the years from people to my face and it hasn't sent me into some mad spiral of depression or anything.
    Basically this all got out of hand and went to far, next time I laugh at someone for being fat, ginger or otherwise I'll put it in spoiler tags :p

Sheeeesh who'd have thought a fish and chip shop simulator could start a riot about being politically correct or not offending people. :D

Game related, I need more level and stuff.

6. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Agree - with everyone.

7. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    FWIW, none of my comments were directed at you. Frankly, I can empathize with all sides, but tend to agree that there is (and likely should be) a difference between art and life.

I agree with you on one thing, what started as what I would have considered a relatively innocuous passing comment did end up ballooning into something I wouldn't have expected...

DBC

8. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Damn! Just had a crash after I got the knock out 12 flies achievement. Almost scared to try it again. I'm hoping it was the fridge door achievement that triggered it but I've gotten into the habit of opening it once in a while to make sure I don't get that achievement.

9. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Ah true, I am playing on an iphone 4. I'm sure the detection it would be easier on the ipad.
    Can anyone answer my question of whether or not you can do anything with the tip jar? What's it's purpose?

10. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Sometimes I kill flies with it but that's all for me.

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haven't found a use for it :confused: seems weird for it to be introduced but not used? I usually push it to the far left of the screen to keep it out of the way.

12. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I'm enjoying this but I have to admit I'm really struggling.

Was fine until I got to level 8-10 and now I can't keep up the pace :(

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I know my disability is nothing compared to yours, mene, but what is it that the game entails? I'm having a very difficult time using my hands, specifically my thumbs (typing this just makes it worse) but the game is appealing...

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I play just using my left index finger but there's a lot of draggin around on the screen fast, taking things from the fridge to the fryer or batter and then from the fryer to the paper or the place you can store them, then you fold on the four corners of the paper and flick the parole away, possibly shaking some salt,paper or sauce.
    It does start getting fast later on when more customers start coming in and the orders start getting bigger.
    So depending on how fast you can manouver around the screen will depend on how much you can play and enjoy it.
    Just an example,, I think one of the screens shows you the fridge is in the top right corner and the fryer is in the bottom left so you need to drag across the full screen. That's what you'd be doing most often.

15. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Its fun and mainly you move fish and chips from the freezer to the fryer and then put them in paper and add salt and vinegar, so its all dragging items around the screen. At first its great fun and you have plenty of time..

Its a really good game but after around level 9, you have to move so fast that I cannot do it. The customers at this level only wait for a very short time before leaving the shop and your movements have to be really quick.

I really like the game lots but since I hit this level the game is just unplayable but that's my fault I guess. :(

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Have you tried stocking up on cooked food before opening your doors? This might help a little.

17. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I'm so never eating at any food-related establishment you work at. The horror stories thus far: fried flies, piles of old food waiting around, battered-fish fly swatters... :D

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Lol :D I used to work in a chip shop too ;)

19. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Yeah, I know, that's worst part. ^_^

20. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    #100 Mene, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    Haha :D

Edit: I did try to build up a stock and that worked fine from level 7-9 but after that the game pace is just too high for me.