Universal Chippy Fish & Chip Shop Simulator (by GLITCHE.RS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by glitchers, Oct 30, 2013.

1. hugo

hugo Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Creative Technical Director
    London
    #101 hugo, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    Hey all, thought I'd come in and answer some questions, queries and try to get this back on topic.

We have fixed that issue and submitted to Apple, when they approve it we will tweet out from @ChippyApp

Each touch has a different hand, it starts with the male chip shop owner then his wife.

The tip jar gives you a score bonus if you keep customers happy. Also it's good for throwing at flies, because it's so large. Some challenges require you to hit flies out of the air.

There will be more levels and content out! We have some fun stuff planned that'll give extra gameplay elements and make you laugh hopefully.

With Chippy, you can't lose, only change the speed at which you progress. Some tips if you are feeling overwhelmed:

- Cook up lots of food before you open the shop

- The older a character is the more patient they are, so if you're struggling, try focussing on younger customers

- Different times of day are busier than others, the clock in the top right shows the time. Around lunch or dinner make sure to have stocks of food

- If you feel like something went wrong and you don't know why, pause the game and click on the CCTV icon, it will let you watch through your day and see what happened. (iPhone 4S and above)

- The time in between customers is a good time to check your reserves of food. I like to keep some fish in the batter tray, ready to fry and serve if needed. Either that or store cooked ones in your warming shelf

- There is an order to which items are ordered. There is also a sound que for each item. If you learn the order you will know when to start wrapping their food (condiments can still be applied through half-wrapped orders)

- The order is Fish, Chips, Sausage, Battered Sausage, Salt, Vinegar, Ketchup. If you haven't unlocked any of those, skip that in the list. It always goes food then condiments. If you see a condiment, you're nearly done!

- Try zapping flies regularly, they can get in the newspaper and make customers upset with their order

- (Although, the 'smellier' someone is, the more flies they bring into the shop with them, the less they mind flies actually in their food. Some cleaner customers may refuse an order if it has too many flies)

- Most importantly is to not panic, if you have an order you're struggling to fill, let it go and focus on the next customers

Thank you for enjoying Chippy. We really believed it was a good game. It makes the hard work worth it when people enjoy it.

BONUS BONUS BONUS
    If you have a funny headline for the newspaper in the game, you can tweet @MorningHornNews and the best ones will go in the game for everyone to see!

Any other questions, queries or issues, please contact us at [email protected]

Keep on Fryin'

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Top man, Hugo - looking forward to the update. Great game. Properly loving it - my youngest son too.

3. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    very well done simulator. love the game

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Nevermind.

5. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Update is out in the UK. I can hopefully now keep my freezer closed. Fantastic.

6. hugo

hugo Member

Oct 31, 2013
    London
    Yeh, the update is out. It's fixed the issues I know about.

If you still have anything happen, please email [email protected] providing as much info as you can, like what you're playing it on, what iOS, if you're signed into GameCenter. Any steps to reproduce helps immensely too!

Hope you all enjoy the update!

7. glitchers

glitchers Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Yes you can!

Don't forget to update your reviews in the App Store, helps us get more players therefore bring more updates :)

8. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Done - and the bug is now fixed. Back to the chippy this evening.

9. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Been thinking about getting this for a little while.

Is it worth the purchase?

Does it have depth? Are there a good few hours fun to be had out of it?

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It's great fun there's deffinetly some hours of play to be had, for depth well as you progress you unlock new items like salt, vinegar, sauce, sausages etc.
    I'd say it's the best of its kind for what it does.
    Well worth a purchase.

11. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Thanks dude

12. hugo

hugo Member

Oct 31, 2013
    London
    There is a lot to master with Chippy, and we're working on adding more levels for the next update. We have a lot of ideas and fun things to add, content will keep coming!

For now I'd say there are a good few hours of play to be had with Chippy, but without the 'grind' of most xp/level games. We try to keep everything fresh and players rewarded with new unlocks as you go.

I'll post on here when the new update has been submitted, along with some details of how much more content there is.

13. hugo

hugo Member

Oct 31, 2013
    London
    Chippy 1.1 has been submitted to the App Store with 12 new levels of frantic frying fun! I'll post when it is live on the App Store

14. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Fantastic stuff. Cannot wait to be frying high again with this one.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sweet, this is one game that I haven't deleted, and in the easy come easy delete App Store life cycle of a game that means this is one good game :D

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Update is live :D

17. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I believe I can fry. Fantastic.

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Another update, far to much for me to type here on my iPad so I'll just post a screen shot.
    It's great to see the love and updates this game is getting, I can imagine it's quite a niche game being an English fish and chip shop sim but I love it. :D

Attached Files:

19. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    on sale too - 2.99 -> 1.99

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Just bought in the sale, I've got a problem though, there is zero sound, I'm assuming there is meant to be sound, checked all my settings etc in both game and iPad and they are fine. Any help appreciated.

Also what is the enter code on the menu section for?