Universal Chrome Death (by Newmark Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 17, 2016.

1. MJamesShort

MJamesShort Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the support Billy! I appreciate the thoughts on earning keys. I"m always looking at the data to decide how to make things easier or more fair for the user.
    I love your idea about blowing them up when you get a perfect! I'll definitely look at incorporating that somewhere :)

2. MJamesShort

MJamesShort Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Hey Johnny,
    Right now the keys/other cars, are just cosmetic. I really wanted a game that was based around high-score battling and wanted to make it even for everybody. I added in unlocks and progression as a way to give players cool things to unlock on the way to getting better and nailing a higher score!

I still have a lot in store for Chrome Death though:
    Coming Soon:
    - Zen Death: A relaxing infinite run that never gets harder. Zone out, listen to some good music while completing Zen Tiers and earning credits.
    - Escape Death: Time is ticking down and the CORP Agents are hot on your trail. Nail alleyways to extend the time and see how long you can escape!
    - Weekend Tournaments: Starting soon there will be tournaments from Friday - Monday. Everybody will get three tickets to the tournament to set a high score. You'll be able to watch an ad to get more tickets or just buy a car that will give you unlimited runs every weekend.

I always love feedback and hearing what people think should be changed, improved or added!

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So what do you think about them exploding if we get a great or perfect turn? Is it feasible to add? Wouldn't it be awesome?

Billy

4. MJamesShort

MJamesShort Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Austin, TX
  5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
  6. MJamesShort

MJamesShort Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Not a problem!
    Chrome Death 1.0.3 just hit yesterday that has some more bug fixes, and as a bonus - I gave five keys to everybody for the difficulties with launch!
    Also, the Chrome Death community has played more than 1 million games and taken more than 100,000 alleys which unlocked two special cars!

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow!

It's been a while since anyone has posted. A new beta was just released this week and I've been playing it pretty hard. So far there's been no bug issues that I can find.

I do have a question. I'm trying to do the daily challenge but I've hit a wall. It says you must score a minimum of 15 cr and take 3 alleys.

Ok I scored 21 but what does it mean to take 3 alleys? I got a ton of perfect turns. I was thinking that was it. I'm really stumped. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

I've also emailed the dev and haven't gotten a response. I want to see the enemy blow up when I get a great or perfect turn. I blow up when I crash! I want to see them blow up. I know the dev said previously it was a great idea and something he could do. I hope it can still be done.

I'm saving up keys for the police car. Also the credits doubler is awesome! It's definitely worth the money! This game kicks ass! It gets so intense.

Billy

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #48 LordShad0wz, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    The dev responded in Twitter and we had an awesome back and forth conversation. There are alleys in between the corners. If you hit them right and turn into them as you pass perfectly you go down them and get rewarded. So I had to find and get 3 of them in 1 play which I did do. I successfully completed the daily mission! Woo hoo!

It was awesome. Now that I know about them I'm going to look for them left and right. Pun intended hehehe

Now I want the enemy to blow up! Make it happen dev! :stares at dev with evil eye:

Billy

Ps- even though I don't like ads I have been watching the opt in ads for the credits. The rewards are worth it and I like that I can choose to view them or not. So I choose to view them.