Universal Chrono Trigger (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Dec 8, 2011.

1. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    OMG! The best money I've spent in a game!

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Funny to read the positive reactions here while the Steam community goes ape shit over it.

Think I’ll pick it up based on the comments here.

3. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    That’s incorrect. Oddly enough, I happened to have played through the game a few weeks ago. The new version has a better battle menu, but there isn’t anything really game-changing.

For what it’s worth, they swapped in what looks like an emulator filter for the visuals as opposed to the CRT anti-aliasing from before.

Someone would really have to be on a razor, rather than a fence, for this to affect the appeal one way or the other.

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Based on the past version, There were reviews that users were unable to play certain parts of this game due to problems with controls. Examples of the most common errors are Dragon Tank and Death Peak. In addition, the following errors exist: When the player talks to Spekkio, the skill is initialised, Non-skip error on game screen after winning race Johnny. And error that is forced to shut down when the black chest is opened.

In the new upgrade version, I hope these errors have been corrected. :)

5. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    The controls seem much better. I can’t A/B, of course, but in the prior version you had two walking speeds: a hair off-center walk and just a touch further as a twitchy fast run, with, IIRC, that sort of not-really joystick that instantly changes direction with no dead zone. It was absolutely impossible to precisely control movement and I always felt like I was fighting it. Now it uses a virtual controller and is considerably more gradual. Plus, mfi makes it console perfect.

6. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Death Peak, specifically staying behind the trees, was problematic. However, I’d consider this a general Vcontrol problem. I did not experience anything I would call an error.

7. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    The update has been processed. I hope that the issues I mentioned last time have been corrected. Anyway, I am happy that Square Enix is updating this game. :p

8. Haoulelouch

Haoulelouch Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Does anyone know how to transfer saves from one device to another through cloud save? The cloud save doesn't seem to be linked to your Apple ID as far as I can tell (I tried logging into another ID and it still lets me save or load from cloud save).

Don't actually have a new device to try it out atm but just wondering when I do upgrade my phone, because the cloud save is bespoke and not the standard iCloud.

9. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey All, is this now full screen on an iPad or is the old 2x mode?

Cheers,

10. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is this full screen on iphone X? Pockettactics says full screen but Reddit says otherwise.

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Full screen using a border.