Universal Chrono Trigger (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Dec 8, 2011.

1. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Well, I've waited this long meself. The wait isn't that bad what with my iPad 2 is filled with amazing games. Admittedly, this has been an incredible year for iOS gaming.

But back to my question, are they working on CT for iPad? If they're not, I'm buying it tomorrow. I was dissapointed with SoM's graphics, but this one seems to be on par with FF3 in terms of UI user-friendliness. Graphics is a whole lot like SoM, which is why I'm kinda hoping for the HD version which I'm sure will come with revamped sprites.

If I'm not making sense, forgive me. I'm Indonesian. Just like Obama. See what I did there :D

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    This is TA's rule about it

- No piracy. Discussion about piracy in the abstract is acceptable. But links or how-to's or where to get pirated software will quickly result in banning.

On another note.....

Thank God Christmas is coming... First iTunes card is going to this!!!:D:D:D

3. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Woa wait wha? People give you iTunes gift card(s) for Christmas?!

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    it says it has the new areas from the DS and probably has everything else you mentioned so we're all good. i'll have to put it in my ipod in order to see how great it is visually but i'm excited :)

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Why not?

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Is that something extraordinary? Lol.

7. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well, now menus and inventory are readable compared with other se games and controls are good too, could use some hd graphics of course but it's se so it's ok.

8. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    iTunes takes cash?!?! I am inserting my dollar bills into the little money slot on the side of my MacBook, but that's not working. How do you do this? Similarly I am unable to load coins into the little slot on the bottom of my iPhone.

9. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    seems to be poor porting. The DS one this is based off was around 60mb or was it 120mb?

But hey, Phoenix Wright was a lot bigger than the ds/gba version. ah well.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Because image resolution has no bearing on the size of an application. It has to be a bad port :rolleyes:.

11. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Nobody said anything about piracy. I own a copy of the SNES version and I have it on my phone. I was just saying that the file size of the IOS version is a bit silly. Cut scenes, better music (?), a few extra areas from the DS version, and screen resolution sure is bulky.

12. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    wait what? The graphics look pretty much untouched besides it being slightly tweaked for the iphone aspect ratio.

I dont think some new menu UI would drastically increase the file size o_O.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here ! Totally normal to me. People dont like sending cash at Xmas so instead i ask for itunes vouchers.

14. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Well its almost done downloading. Ill let you guys know how it is.

15. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    i thought we have some time to criticize this port but squarezero is already here! :cool:

16. NinKuji

NinKuji Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Socialworker
    Germany
    omg... out of nowhere and freetime till monday.. i´m in :D

17. Stereomastery

Stereomastery Member

Oct 20, 2011
    #57 Stereomastery, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    It's not on the New Zealand appstore yet, bit odd we usually get stuff early. Just lettin' you other Kiwis know!

EDIT: It's there now, but my Credit Card expired today.. A sign?

18. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Im in the U.S and I bought it through following the link on TA front page on my iPod and downloading it. Anyways the controls feel like a normal joystick and are a little bit fidgety when your trying to get close to talk to someone. Other than that they feel fairly decent.
    The graphics are great and so are the sounds. Nothing to complain about there.
    The story is deep and quite captivating! Already I feel like this will be a worthwhile adventure unlike some other RPG's.
    If you have any other questions let me know. Right now it is definitely worth the money and in my opinion is my favorite game of the month though I am having troubles getting used to the battle system as opposed to Final Fantasy.

19. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

I played this on the DS and it's one of a handful of my favorite games ever. If the controls get good reviews, I highly recommend this to anyone who likes JRPGs.

20. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Oh, wow! Wasn't expecting this. beat the game on my SNES when I was in high school...one of the best games ever, I'd recommend it to anyone. However the filesize is bananas...I remember I also had this on an emulator on my old HTC Tytn and the actual gamesize was only a few megs. At 500+ megs I expected them to have reworked the graphics ala Another World...the graphics in the screenshots I'm seeing look blurry--almost as if they took the original SNES assets and stretched them. I'd still buy the game though...is it universal?