Universal Clash Of Clans [Strategy]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MacGyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    But that's the thing - spell icons should appear with the icons of troops used by the raider and there is no extra icon in these cases. Since I could see the troops I couldn't yet build, why shouldn't I see spells that I can't yet produce?

I will have to check about the perimeter, but can there really be perimeter holes for enemy to spawn into deep within a walled area, even if I don't have every inch covered with buildings? And if there are holes, why don't _all_ attackers spawn there, but only some? While others attack from the outskirts, as they should?

In AI battles enemy territory certainly doesn't have to be wholly covered with buildings, for me to be unable to spawn troops inside it, but then there decorations seem to extend the perimeter too, which they don't do for me.

Damn, I hate it when the rules are so unclear, this makes it super-annoying...

So, some enlightment, please? Somebody? TIA.

2. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Rules were never unclear, you just over thought things without looking things up and presumed there must be a bug. I see troops ignoring my walls, I assume there is a spell... I look up the spells on the wiki and, hey, I was right: http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Jump_Spell ;)

3. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Post a screenshot if you still have a problem.

4. Nalazoo

Nalazoo Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Close To My Heart Consultant
    My son had me try this on my iPhone...the font was way too small. Then...my hubby got me an iPad as a gift:). I gave the game another try - LOVE IT! The graphics are amazing.

I just joined TA2's clan :)

5. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, turns out that I did have small and difficult to see holes in the middle of my territory... I wish perimeter was more visible and could be viewed by other means than trying to move a building.

6. awresnick

awresnick New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Join Clan "TouchArcade2" ! The original Toucharcade clan is full, lets show the rest of the world how Toucharcade rolls!

7. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    It's way too easy to accidentally use gems to speed up buildings... just spent 101 gems when I tapped on the wrong thing... Had 300 gems, now down to 200.

Anyone actually spent gems for this game? and if so, is getting the builder's hut worth it?
    (or should I hold out for future updates which might make gems easier to collect)

8. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Get the third builders hut. And maybe use it to get some resources...but probably not since builders huts are now 1000 gems

9. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    decorations are decorations, not buildings. When you move a building, you'll see a faint white silhoutte around the said building. Make sure that the places that you don't want enemy troops to spawn is completely covered in the mentioned white silhoutte, otherwise the attacker can spawn units there.

As for how some units spawn inside and some outside, you do realize that attacker has the ability to control how to distribute his units amongst the areas of the battle field, right? Have you ever tried attacking?

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    This may of been asked and answered but I'm still searching for the answer so here's the question :)

If I have a mine outside my walls and a gold storage inside my walls and 800k gold saved up but none in the mine because i just tapped on it and I log out and get attacked and the mine gets destroyed but the gold storage is untouched... would the attacker receive a cut of the 800k for destroying the empty mine or would they receive nothing because the 800k was in the untouched gold storage?

Tymuch in advance!

11. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    They wouldn't get gold from you storage only your gold mine.

12. Nalazoo

Dec 1, 2012
    Any helpful tips for attacking

I'm Level 26 and have 806 trophies. I'm now running into higher level players and I'm finding it difficult to make a dent. I know...skip....skip.... Until I find someone I "think" I can beat. Alas their troops are stronger, or they have wicked troops in their clan castle. Any tips?

Currently I can train:
    * barbarians 3 star
    * archers 2 star
    * giants 3 star
    * goblins 2 star
    * wall breakers - researching to get 2 star
    * balloon

Army camp capacity = 105

Any tips or advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

13. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    What you can do to get away from high-leveled players is simply to spawn one unit, then surrender. Once your trophy count drops below 750, you should be back to killing newbs :D

14. jdigitL

jdigitL Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    can someone add me to the toucharcade clan? says invite only...

thank you!

15. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Any starter tips for a newb?

I'm doing the singleplayer stuff, but I'm getting destroyed by mortars, and really have no clue what to do other than upgrade my buildings slowly.

I want to kick some goblin butt :)

16. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    If you want to join a clan, you could our clan....lookup Orleans crush.

17. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    1. Use the wiki: http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Clash_of_Clans_Wiki - puts all of the numbers, upgrades, etc. right in front of you.

2. It IS a slow game unless you plan on spending some arguably obscene amounts of real money to speed things up. Play daily for 3 months and you still won't be at the end of all the upgrades. Either accept that or move on.

3. Mortars will be your bane for a long time with their ridiculous range and lots of splash damage. Then the teslas will appear, and you'll hate those too, maybe more :) (and, then, just when you think you couldn't hate those defenses enough, along will come ballistae behind triple walls).

The best way to handle mortars is giants - they preferentially target defenses and once they're inside of the dead zone, they can pound on the mortars with impunity while soaking up fire from cannon and towers. Before giants, barbarians are as good as you can do. Spread out the rest of your troops until the mortars are downed, then drop the rest of your archers for massed damage.

4. There is no timer for the single player stuff, this is key to remember. Many levels will require you "disarm" traps by sending out a small group of barbarians, or taking out the air defenses and sending in balloons, etc.. They are more puzzle than representative of the sort of challenges you face in multiplayer.

5. The single player "campaign" gets harder and harder while not increasing the rewards for victory relative to your costs, this is your hint to try some multiplayer.

6. Really, go back and read 5 again: try some multiplayer. You're going to be attacked anyhow, may as well learn to attack back. When you are attacked, or attack, pay attention to what happens (view the replays of attacks against you, it's key to figuring out where your base's weak points are, sometimes something as simple as shifting the location of a mortar can improve your defenses). Read about the units and buildings on the wikis for more insight. Use what you learn to do better. Learn how, who, and when to attack; when to care more about resources than your ePeen and vice versa.

7. Stay off of the world chat, just do; it's a cess pool of stupidity, misogyny, and endless begging. You aren't going to learn anything there except that more people should use birth control.

8. Do try and find a clan that fits you - those clan troops can swing battles and defenses.

18. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Bomb ?'s

Is it better to put bombs inside or outside the walls?

Is the Giant bomb worth it? If it blows up just one enemy seems like a waste

19. Nalazoo

Dec 1, 2012
    One of the things I've learned from higher level players...be patient! Fully complete all available upgrades BEFORE upgrading town hall. Having everything upgraded makes it easier to survive & move forward at the next level.

Once you have the Spell Factory, use the research option (doesn't require a builder).

Another TIP: you can "hide" elixir in your barracks...a great trick before going to bed. After you've built your troops and your army camps are full...build more troops! In my case, I'll build wall breakers. At 1,500 elixir each, they hide a lot of elixir. You'll see three exclamation points, meaning the army camps are full and there's no room for the new troop member. When you come back, go into each barracks and CANCEL the troops being built BEFORE going into battle.

20. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks for the pointers guys! I'm really enjoying the game a lot, and I joined toucharcade 2 as soon as I had my clan castle built :)

Currently TH5 and in the process of upgrading my base :) Also really enjoy the multiplayer battles now, last night I raided my way to two storage upgrades, the magic factory-thingymajig and the first shaman tower :)

And thanks Nalazoo, I'll be sure to "hide" my elixir from now on :-D