Universal CLICKPOCALYPSE II (by Jim Hayes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I like the idea of walk speed!

2. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Cheaper farms for 1mil is a good start. Value is there.

After that, economy (+20 per farm) is great, but so is walking speed, regens, and attack speed. Just a matter of preference really. Just skip 5th char slot until near the end.

I'm about to wrap up my fifth non-prestige playthrough. 4 CK and one rogue. CKs have around 163-167k kills each, and the rogue has 143k. The slightly less kills is EASILY negated by his room-looting abilities, and if you plan on a long playthrough, rogue is a must imo. (It's safe to complete his first tree once he has enough points to finish it, btw, so just don't get stealth until your other dudes are totally done and you'll be fine)

Also of note, I was pretty active with keeping potions and buffs up, so I was speed-killing rooms of 35-49 mins per room for the last 3-4 sets of castles while getting double xp, and I STILL hit an xp wall just here at the end. I have gold and kills out the wazoo, and xp is my bottleneck.

I'd highly recommend a party no bigger than 4. If I ran into an xp wall and I played active a lot, the people not doing pots would run into it FAR sooner.

On the plus side, the AP is insane with this setup. I'm basically done with it now.

3. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    By the way, here's a pic to give some perspective on scaling, and why gold drops are useless after the first set of castles.

Attached Files:

4. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    The amount of gold mag be useless but I've found that the total amount of gold is my second best AP generator, which is only slightly behind summon minions.

Attached Files:

5. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    That's a good point. It's my second highest as well, and even in the big run I did, I skipped gold amounts and upped all the drop percentages to max (item, potions, scrolls), simply for the AP.

Of course, only do that if you have a rogue.

Attached Files:

6. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    You've killed my totals, lol. However, I think I'm at least a couple of weeks behind you in progress (maybe less, but who knows).

This game is really enjoyable and easily one of my favorite idle games. I find myself wanting more, even though at times it's the satisfaction of watching how fast my guy's steam roll rooms.

7. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I'm a few days, maybe a week, ahead of you.

Once you get to a certain point, roughly where you are now, it's worth putting together a super team + rogue and clearing as far as you can with full monster rooms.

Before long you'll be drowning in AP.

Don't make the mistake I did and do solo challenges unless you REALLY want to, because they're useless for progression. Totally stalls it. They're just for challenges/fun.

8. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I've been thinking about the solo challenges but have decided I want to unlock most if not all bonuses to make it as smooth as possible.

9. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I've now done 4 runs, including using all chars and a three man party. I'm really enjoying the game. I unlocked one extra hour of idle time, and it feels awesome to launch the game, unlock all kinds of stuff, order attacks on castles, and then watch the carnage for a bit before closing it again. Idle done right.

My fifth run is just a Rogue and a CK. Question for the experts here: When should I attempt a second playthrough without prestige, what do I need to unlock for it to go well, and what party composition should I use?

10. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I've not continued on without prestige yet, mainly because I've been trying different parties out in order to see the maximum benefits of each. Right now I'm running 3 CKs and a Rogue. I did think a Druid was needed for healing, but you don't, especially with some extra regen unlocked.

With CK I would only get the Ninja and Barbarian Chickens, I don't need the Rogue or Guard Chickens.

I've read elsewhere in here to save up some gold for farms and farm kills as well. If you max out your farms before not prestiging, it'll take some time, they're expensive, but you'll be getting so many farm kills you can sit on 500K in a few hours. If you've got the item sale gold bonuses unlocked you'll also have millions of gold, and at the point you should be okay I would think.

Also, walk speed is a great unlock. If you have 20% faster walk then you're essential removing 1/5 of the entire travel in the game, mixed with health and spirit regens, you can clear much much faster.

11. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Pretty much everything said above, except get the guard chickens. They're an extra chicken that literally sits next to your CK and doesn't take the place of other summons.

Rogue plus 2-3 CK is probably optimal clear for pushing extra sets of castles. I wouldn't do it with just one CK since you can't do giant groups of monsters with just 2 party members. And you want giant monster rooms since the AP REALLY rolls in that way.

It's not a big deal to takes little bit to get to the pushing castles part. Getting AP for economy skills helps a ton for when you do it.

12. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    That's nice to know about the guard Chickens didn't realize that.

13. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I've been wondering if anyone else has still been playing this game. I haven't completed any of the solo runs, and have yet to achieve the very last loot weapon racks and book cases, but everything else is done. I've literally unlocked all of the extras as well, and the screen shot I'm attaching shows how much AP I have that can not be used. I still enjoy checking on this game repeatedly throughout the day, even though technically I guess I've finished it short of a few achievements.

Attached Files:

14. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Yea I still check in a few times a day.

For the final chest/rack/bookshelf, I did rogue, 3x ninja, and turned off mob count. So my team was basically speeding through every room checking for chests and whatnot. Took like a bloody week to get the achievement...

I'm done with achievements and stuff too, and currently I just have a team pushing to see how far they can go.

15. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Picking at the solo achievements...done 3/12 I think. After that I'll be done. Maybe start a 5 player party and prestige forever...

16. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    BFF5C1E8-EF4D-40A4-9E77-EDAE6EF93DAC.png BF2F7A89-B6B3-43F9-B65D-AAA57408899E.png After you hit 1 billion in stats the game gets a little wonky. Still, I’m pushing to see how far it’ll go.