Universal Cloud Spin by Skytrain Studio

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Can 1:1 relative touch be put in dev?

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Looks outstanding, but I was concerned about the controls, and Gabrien confirmed my suspicions, unfortunately. Will get it none-of-the-less and try to deal with it. If it's that bad maybe the dev will implement different controls for it. Who knows? Worst thing to happen to me would be just freeing up that space again.

3. robertb_skytrain

Patreon Indie

Aug 20, 2013
    Hi guys, we’ve been working on implementing an option in the settings for those that wanted to try more of a 1 to 1 control scheme. Unfortunately in testing, the new control scheme caused additional problems with our character movement and the actual design of our levels.

Our character was designed to have a bit of a glide in order to simulate more of a flying sensation. We truly appreciate all of the community feedback and sincerely want to provide the best experience for everyone. We plan on providing content updates for you guys in the future, and take all of your comments very seriously.

Thanks guys,
    Robert

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I think it's worth noting that there are sensitivity sliders in the options menu (for each of the modes). That said, I'm gonna stay out of the control discussion...the last thing we need is another Sine Mora thread.

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    If 1:1 is not an option, I think you need to increase the sensitivity of slower swipes. Or decrease the dead zone. Or both. I understand what you were aiming for, I just think it needs some tweaking.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #26 psj3809, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    This looks great. Any chance of making it universal?

Think talks about the control scheme are fine as long as people accept others have different views

7. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I agree with ones who don't like the controls, it's hard for me to be precise. But i like the game, it's fresh, the atmosphere is great, the music too... I'll play again, maybe it need a bit more time to masterize the controls.

Great game, thanks!

8. robertb_skytrain

Patreon Indie

Aug 20, 2013
    psj3809 - Thanks for your comments! Right now we're focused on the iPad version, but it's a possibility for the future!

Thanks guys!

9. Hey Robert,

Thanks for your kind response, this game looks wonderful, the graphics look outstanding! And I for one love that it is an ipad game!

10. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I think i will buy this after saw gameplay vid. How would i clean-up my ipad now?????

11. LOLCAT

LOLCAT Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Would love to play, but it crashes on my iPad mini. Anyone else having such problems? :/

12. Wow, this game looks amazing, but hearing all the feedback on here about the controls worries me a little. Hmmm... Would love to hear some further comments from people that have the game, do you think we all should buy?

13. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Update is out and the controls are now spot on. The game's status may now be safely adjusted from "inexplicably neglected" to "criminally ignored".

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ehhhh, hello? People...this is an essential game for iPad owners. GET.IT.NAO!

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope, works fine on my ipad mini... :)

And as mentioned in the last couple posts, with this update... GET IT NAO!

16. mandrilo

mandrilo Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I usually dont dig arcade games...but the graphics on this are top notch (UDK again, folks) and the gameplay is really adictive. Sure, theres some probrlem with the controls, but you can get used to. Thumbs up!
    Cheers

17. Can I ask, about the controls, what has changed? It seems to have gone from a controls need help to a recommended buy, but what has changed?

18. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Well, basically, all the negative points I made with regard to controls previously, no longer apply.

19. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    ...and perfect controls???! DITTO!