COD Zombies map updates

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by drswisher23, Dec 21, 2009.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I can buy map upgrades to Killzone 2 with 2 maps each, PS3 quality maps, for $6-$7... $5 for a tiny iPhone map wont see my cash

2. drswisher23

drswisher23 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    As soon as I heard them mention in-app purchasing in apples keynote I knew that I would hate them for it.

3. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    just dont even buy them, there better be like 4 Maps, seriously, Killzone 2, PS3 QUALITY Maps, go for about a buck more...

I think alot of Dev's (i think iD did this with Doom Classic), think that everyone who has a iTouch or iPhone just has a bunch of cash to blow..

Not me. and I wont fund that fantasy

4. drswisher23

drswisher23 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    I don't see why were all getting mad about this cas it hasn't even happened yet and I hope it's not that much but maybe they might see our reactions to the cost of there maps and lower them.

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes,

A tiny iPhone map that is exactly the same as it's console counterparts in every possible way (except graphics).

Seriously? The game is overpriced, even the devs think so, but Activision sets the price...

The map will probably be a rip-off ($3 would be OK), but I'll still buy it :eek:

6. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oh. Emm. Gee!!

PS3 Quality??!!??

/sarcasm

7. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Hmnar take the stick out of ur ass already... im saying that because it takes alot more effort to make a fun map that people will run through countless times, and not send a bunch of hatemail

than it is to make a 2 story level with like 4-6 entrances and a burning trash can on an iDevice

and to reitierate: Im starting to think some of these dev's (like ngmoco...and iD, seriously way too much to ask for DOOM) think iphone users just have cash flowing out of their pockets and I will not fund this fantasy, its unfortunate that so many will

we havent seen anything official yet

8. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Have you played World At War? Have you played Nazi Zombies on the console? The map(s) are the exact same. Small or not they are designed for a certain type of game. They would be utter trash if it was a deathmatch game, but it isn't. While $5 is a lot for a single map of any quality, we need to support serious port efforts from the consoles. I constantly here people say that the low prices of the app store can't support console quality games. This would be one of the first examples of an app with a price well over $9.99 for a full experience.

9. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Lets put it in perspective

Is a COD map really worth:

2.5x more than Jet Car Stunts?
    Labyrinth 2?
    Almost as much as NOVA?
    Real Racing?
    2.5x more than Meteor Blitz?
    and the list goes on and on

10. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    So we should support what they r doing by paying ridiculous prices for things that would regularly be free updates or maybe 99 cent dlc? I know this game is fun but with nova out, Activision has to get a change of perspective if they want to rule the online multiplayer fps genre.

11. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Come on guys. I you haven't played it you can't critisize it. I was exactly like you before I purchased this game, but after 5 min. I was very surprized and happy that I purchased it. For me this is the BEST GAME for iPhone. It's a QUALITY game.

12. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    ... I also got NOVA but compared to CoD, NOVA is a discount product. Sorry, but that's my opinion. Yes, NOVA is good but CoD is still better.

13. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes it is.

Those games are underpriced.

Also, Verrückt isn't just a new layout, it does change up the gameplay.