Universal Cogs (by Lazy 8 Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 27, 2010.

1. PixelWrangler

PixelWrangler Active Member

This is happening to people who have jailbroken iPhones. The fix is posted here: http://bit.ly/c1t32W

- Rob
    Founder, Lazy 8 Studios

2. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I purchased all 4 packs even before I had finished the first one. And you can play them all in any order you like.

But I agree, I would have preferred to just pay $5 and get it all at once.

3. dustyu

dustyu Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Thanks PixelWrangler and Derek420. I was able to purchase the next addin and keep my game save!

4. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    I dont have a JB phone, but cant connect to the internet with my phone, 3g or Wi-Fi. Is the any chance you all can release a full content game and just charge $ 6.99 or whatever price you wish. I have beaten all of the ones in the starter pack, but I loved them and really want to topple the rest.

5. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    I love this too. I'm about 1/2 way through all the packs (purchased all of them).

I think the advantage of the in-app purchase 10 levels at a time is that the dev can now release further level packs if he sees fit to do so. I'd welcome that, personally, since I'm with this game to the bitter end! I'm closing in slowly on the star count - I'm about 170 now I think.

Absolutely love some of the levels I'm now playing - each one so different.

Jamie.

6. gatizo

gatizo Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    As someone who loved the 15 puzzle as a kid, this is bliss! I just got the second set of puzzles and they certainly are a little trickier but in a nicely challenging way.

The only problem I can see is that Cogs appears to drain the battery pretty quickly, although maybe that's just my perception. Anyone else noticed it or am I just playing too much? ;)

7. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    This game is so awesome, I can't put it down! I am currently the global leader, which is sweat, but it probably won't last long, since I have a bunch of homework that I have to do before playing again.

8. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    me too, i think its since cogs has high res graphics, and better graphics cost more battery life

9. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Cogs was working fine before but now everytime i play it it crashers like mid way in a puzzle or in the menu. Anyone having this all the time? It happens so much and so fast it's unplayable. It doesn't save when crashing like it does when you quit the app so it happens so much i can't finsh a puzzle.

10. legowiz

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I have had it crash on me, probably five times at the most, but not that often. Hopefully it's not a progressive problem that gets worse over time. Maybe you just need to restart your ipod, that might clear up some much needed memory.

11. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I have like 20gbs of memory left. It's annoying because it been like this a few days and i just haven't posted it to now and i was like way near the top of the leaderboard and was going after the t shirt the devs are giving out for the first person the finsh, i must be way off near the top now.

12. legowiz

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    well, if restarting doesn't do it, I don't really know what to tell you; I don't know enough about apple products to give an explanation, I just know that restarting can help a lot when games start crashing. Oh well, it's just a T-shirt, the game itself is probably better anyways :D

13. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Yea, i just wanted bragging rights :p, also i was having fun playing the game. Just looked i now i'm in 61 place(wow, down by alot of spots), then it crashed again :(. I don't even care about the t shirt, i just want to play this great time! Also tried restarting and still, crash!

14. legowiz

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    that really does suck, I don't know what I'd do if I could play it, it's so much fun! I hope it starts working again for you, I probably could win the T-shirt thing, except that I now have a ton of homework to do this weekend and my future is a little more important than a T-shirt, but I know what you mean, it would be awesome to be the only person in the world to have a Cogs T-shirt.

15. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Does this game run smooth on a 2 gen iPod Touch?

16. legowiz

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    yes, very smooth, it looks gorgeous. There is occasional lag, but it's not very noticeable. If all you have is an itouch 2g, I'd get the game if I were you, it's awesome.

17. Foozelz

I want it badly, but I don't want a 'lagtastic' game that I'll regret buying! If its good as I expect, I'm buying all the DLC

18. kie

kie Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Runs absolutely fine on mine and I am loving the game!

19. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Runs very good on my ipod touch 2g before the crashing started :mad:.

20. Foozelz

I just bought the game