Universal Collision Effect - (Vishindo/Chillingo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 2, 2011.

1. jag64

jag64 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    stunning visuals

i'm addicted: gr8 gameplay! gr8 graphics! for me: the most awesome casual game!!! it deserves 5 stars!!!!!! especially on ipad: breathtaking!!!! thx for this gr8 game!!!!!!!!!!

2. ATC

ATC Member

Mar 6, 2011
    #42 ATC, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    I'll echo what everyone thusfar has said -- nicely polished and very entertaining game. My favorite games are those that make great use of the touch interface, and the arcade mode especially does just that.

A few suggestions:

1) In arcade mode, how about an unscored practice mode (or at least not scored on the leaderboards) that allows you to play any wave you've reached to that point, or perhaps the first 5 waves of each difficulty. Would be nice to be able to try and improve skills on hard wave 3 without having to go through 1 and 2, etc.

2) To me, the light blue and green orbs are a bit close in color, maybe differentiate these colors just a little more in an update. That may just be me, though, I'd look for a consensus opinion.

3) Last, I would LOVE a way to view achievement progress without having to log in to Crystal. At least just a checklist within the game itself.

Thanks creators for being attentive to the thread. If anyone reading is on the fence about this game, go get it.

3. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

1) Sounds like a great idea, I'll add it to our feature list but it's growing fast so I don't want to promise anything, there might be something more awesome we have to do first :)

2) We'll look into it but would be awesome to hear if other people have the same issues?

3) Do you mean seeing the whole list of achievements or just a summary? You should be able to see how many achievements you got on the Action screen where you select difficulty. Doing a complete in-game list of all achievements is certainly possible but would take some time obviously and we have so many cool things we want to do :)

Again, thanks!

Henrik, Vishindo

4. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Love this game. Usually I wait a while before committing a $1 but this was well worth it. I would like to suggest an endless mode that does not have play interrupted with the word 'wave #', which normally resets the score multiplier. Maybe have a separate leaderboard for it or cap the score multiplier.

5. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Feature request added! :)

I think it would be cool with something like that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Henrik, Vishindo

6. ATC

ATC Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I was referring to an achievement checklist in the in-game menus. I'm a single-player game player and I don't have any use for Crystal. I know there are a few more of us out there. Without logging in to something you can only see how many achievement points you have, but not what the achievements are or what still has yet to be completed (unless I'm missing a way to do that). Shibuya is another game I enjoy that has a list in the menus similar to what I'm thinking about if you're familiar.

Not to discount Tastyfish's idea, but I actually like that the waves are separate because it forces you to strategize whether you want to play it safe or try and chain surf into the next wave for that big multiplier.

7. AppsCrunchy

AppsCrunchy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
  8. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    achievements of finishing 20, 30 levels in puzzle mode are still locked when i have finished over 30 puzzles.

9. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    This game is awesome. Brilliant use of the touch device.

My data seems to be getting erased when I turn off my device. The game put me back to puzzle number 1 and doesn't save my local high score unless I open Crystal.

10. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    What is chain surfing? I see the devs post about it early on and haven't figured it out yet. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post in the thread. Thanks!

Also, I'm getting the bug too where puzzle levels are reset to zero when the device is restarted.

11. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    First off this is a great game. Def has that "one more" to it. I'm having a blast with it. I did notice that achievements for puzzle mode, 30 and up have not unlocked.

12. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks everyone for the feedback and problem reports, it will help us improve the game and hopefully make it better!

We are very sorry about the various issues and we are doing our best to solve them as quickly as possible for you guys.

I'll add it to our feature list and we'll see if we can add it in the future. In the meantime, you can choose to enter Crystal as guest which means you don't have to register or login with a password etc.

As you say, chain surfing adds strategy and we will definitely keep Action mode as is with waves and whatnot but we might add other modes in the future as well.

We have identified an issue with this and are looking into it. However, please note that if you skip for example level 15, you will never get "The Romantic Phase" achievement even if you complete all the other 59 levels. You have complete all levels 11-20 to get it.

If you still have a problem it is most likely due to not having activated Crystal (by either logging in as a user or guest). This is the issue we are looking into right now.

We have not yet been able to reproduce this bug ourselves so I will PM you guys about this to get some more information and then post here when we know more!

Please have patience and we'll try and get a new patch out ASAP!

Again, we are truly sorry about these issues.

Henrik, Vishindo

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Add me to the list of people whose local data was wiped. I can't give you too many details as it was awhile between the last two times I played. The only thing it still remembered was my high score. Not the highest combo or achievements. My puzzle progress was reset as well.

14. hywaun

hywaun Member

Mar 7, 2011
    When the same character Zybbles touch each other, the game is over. :eek:! not like to play!

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I got the puzzles 30 and 40 achievements to unlock but now I am afraid to play! I am on 49 (ok truth be told, STUCK on 49) and I would HATE HATE HATE to start the puzzle mode again!

16. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The data wipe only seem to happen if you restart the device and/or if you change users in Crystal. Also, if you haven't activated Crystal and then later activate, it may cause the same type of issue but we have yet to confirm this.

Henrik, Vishindo

17. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Loving this game! I guess I won't turn off my iPod till the update is in, though.

18. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I played the puzzle levels straight through and have crystal activated. :confused:

19. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #59 tzael, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    Update.

We have found the problem and are working on a solution. Expect a patch in the very near future.

Thanks,
    Henrik, Vishindo

20. ATC

ATC Member

Mar 6, 2011
    It appears you have it figured out, but I had the same problem. My exact series of events:

1. Played for awhile without touching Crystal. Got about 20 achievements.
    2. Logged into Crystal as a guest.
    3. Logged out of Crystal.
    4. Played another game after which I got messages saying I triggered some of the same achievements. Game finished, I saw achievements and scores reset.
    5. Weirdest part: Logged back into Crystal as guest and the 20 or so achievements were checked off, when i went back to the game, the achievement counter was only at 3.

Anyway, got everything back, but hesitant to retouch Crystal.

Thanks for the prompt attention, you devs are great in your involvement with the community, and this type of attention should make players happy.

Also, someone asked about chain surfing. Try and space out the last couple orb crashes at the end of a wave and see what happens :). Pretty much has to be on hard difficulty though.