Universal Collision Effect - (Vishindo/Chillingo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 2, 2011.

1. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for the information ATC and for the rest, I think ATC is on to something with the chain surfing there... :)

Henrik, Vishindo

2. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    #62 saiyukialex, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    I delete and reinstall the game, play the first 40 levels again and get 10,20,30,40 achievements. But when i finish the 50th level, the 50 achievement isn't unlocked!!Neither in Crystal!!

3. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This issue will also be fixed in the upcoming patch, hold on! :)

Henrik, Vishindo

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Excellent! I got all the other puzzle achievements to unlock but this one so got scared for a moment! It will be retro active - I mean if we unlocked the level it will recognize this? I mean I am only on 52 but just asking.

5. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, the achievements will be granted retroactively! :)

Henrik, Vishindo

6. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Just picked this one up then, I'm absolutely loving it and my son likes to watch me play it too.
    I did lose my progress once but I had only done a couple of levels so not a big deal.
    Looking forward to the patch for it though.

7. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Um... My data was kinda wiped. Picked the game up yesterday and haven't played too much (was only at level 25) but do you recommend I continue playing or wait until there's a fix?

8. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    We think the problem only occurs when you log in and out of Crystal or restart the device. So if you want to continue to play, make sure you never log out of Crystal and avoid restarting the device until the patch is released.

When you already lost the data, you can try to log in/out of Crystal and it might restore the levels.

The patch is almost ready, we're testing it right now.

Thanks,
    Henrik, Vishindo

9. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Version 1.1.1 patch submitted

We just submitted the Version 1.1.1 patch including,

- Save data lost fixed
    - Freeze issues ("Syncing Online") fixed
    - Achievements not being awarded fixed
    - Rate Collision Effect pop-up added

Thanks for your continued support!

Regards,
    Henrik, Vishindo

10. DanDigital

DanDigital New Member

Mar 13, 2011
    I'm on level 33 of the puzzles and my level 30 achievement never unlocked.

What the deuce?

11. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Fixed in version 1.1.1 that we submitted to Apple a few days ago, so it should go live soon.

Henrik, Vishindo

12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Would be good if you could add Gamecenter access from within the app. I only bother adding friends in GC - and this game supports it but doesn't seem to have in-app access to the leaderboards etc - I have to quit the game and open GC directly for this...

Also...

I can just make about 2.25 million after playing this SO much... what's the secret to hitting the big scores people seem to be getting - 20 million plus... that's crazy. Are these genuine or have the GC leaderboards been hacked like they have been for other games - like Fruit Ninja for example?

Cheers,

Jamie.

13. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Oh... and what's 'Chain Surfing'? Perhaps that's the secret?!

Jamie.

14. ATC

ATC Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I haven't seen the leaderboards, but I can assure you 20 mil is possible legitimately -- I've broken that barrier to this point three times without any sort of cheating. I'm sure even higher is possible.

It takes getting into the fourth or fifth wave of hard difficulty. Scoring combos of 5 more more really helps. Getting blue and purple special orbs (luck as far as I can tell) helps too as you can get combos of multiple millions in a single shot. Keeping your chain multiplier going is of prime importance. "Chain surfing" in a nutshell, at least what I believe the creators were referring to, is keeping your chain multiplier (the little times number under your score) going in between waves. It takes a little timing, but this can be done by spacing out the last couple orb crashes at the end of each wave. Tap just before the multiplier fades away. It's risky though, because if you start slowing down too soon, your screen will get cluttered and you'll crash, which is a bit of strategy I think adds nicely to the game.

Someone asked in a previous post if the game is "hard to play." In this person's opinion, the game is challenging, but the gameplay itself is quite simple.

One other quick request -- please don't make the rate the game popup intrusive for those of us who don't typically rate things. Thanks.

15. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #75 tzael, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    Scores

During testing we've seen players score even more than the highest records right now so it's definitely possible.

Chain surfing works exactly like ATC describes it and that's absolutely crucial to getting those high scores. Your chain multiplier (the little numbers under the score) should be over x1000 and the combos will start yielding incredible scores (the record right now in Crystal is 27 million for one combo I think).

The most effective way to get combos is to learn how to let the screen fill up before you start clearing it quickly.

Game Center

Game Center access from within the game has been added to our list of feature requests and I'm hoping we can add it soon.

Rate Game Pop-Up

The pop-up only appears once if you either get 10 achievements or finish 20 puzzle levels.

In the U.S we have a lot of ratings so it's not really an issue there but in the rest of the world it's important to get at least 5 ratings so that it's not listed with "No Rating".

I hope that's acceptable :)

Thank you for your continued support!

Regards,
    Henrik, Vishindo

16. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    @tzael Hi Hendrik, love your game, but the rise of difficulty feels rather jumpy and abrupt sometimes, I'm banging my head again and again in the third or fourth wave in action mode when -after a quite leisurely pace- suddenly a dozen orbs in four or more colors appear at the same time and you have perhaps a tenth of a second to react. Better distinguishable colors would perhaps help here.

Additionally it would be nice to have local highscores without crystal. It takes days to register with Crystal or to retrieve a lost password.

17. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

We are looking at several things to allow more people to enjoy Action gameplay for longer periods of time. Stay tuned! :)

Regarding high scores, we'll look into it but I can't promise anything, we have a ton of stuff we're looking at already for the first major update! ;)

Regards,
    Henrik, Vishindo

18. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Tx for your kind reply- to be able to stay a little longer in the game would be great- there's nothing like the adrenaline rush when two different colored orbs miss and barely scrape each other!

But then, reading that your testers played for 25-30 hours to get insane highscores I have the distinct feeling that mine might get better, too, till your next update :D

19. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Just keep at it and you will get better! I don't know if any high scoring players are in this forum but I would guess that if they consistently get high scores above 20 million or so, they have been playing many, many hours.

Two more tips,

* Avoid touching and stopping Zybbles close to any side, try to make them go into the center as much as possible
    * Beware of Zybbles travelling close to a side - get rid of them immediately!

Good luck! :)

Henrik, Vishindo

20. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    With a great deal of luck, the shield power up came in as Wave 3 was ending - managed to get 8mil points off that super combo!

Having a 1000x chain didn't hurt, either!

Having massive fun in this game, fun that I never thought I would get off a puzzle game. Mad props, mad props!