Columbus Day Sale by GAMELOFT

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by r2ks8x, Oct 7, 2011.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    EL's worse than Chaos Rings!? I found that to be so tedious by the 3rd playthrough... Guess I'll pass on EL then...

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Not sure why you'd want to do the same 4 times just to face a hidden boss..most people played Chaos Rings through once like me and did the same for Omega, lol..the first playthroughs were great. I still think CGS is the best JRPG on the iOS in any case. Ash is another great one. FFIII and the two Chaos Rings are in there somewhere among the top 5.

3. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden HD - showing as Free?

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I believe the ipad version has an IAP for the full version. With the iphone one there are two versions, only one with the ipad case though...figured I'd save you some disappointment after downloading.... however the IAP IS dropped to 0.99...

5. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    hmmm... 9mm to make the gameloft collection complete..
    thanks.

6. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Ahh...thank you.

7. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Been playing 9mm for a couple of hours. Glad I only paid 99 cents for it...would have been pissed if I paid the full price. This game is like every Gameloft 3rd person action game...highly mediocre easy game with cheesy lines/voice acting and horrible AI. I think I'll give up on getting 3rd person action games from Gameloft from now on, they've all been crap.

Enjoying The Settlers so far on the iPad though

8. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Agreed that 9MM is totally formulaic and cheesy, complete with a derivative storyline, the same 5 bad guys that you kill over and over and terrible dialogue, i.e. "it's raining bacon!!!"

However having said all that- it's also quite fun. Stupid, but fun. Additionally, the game looks great and it plays quite well.

For 99 cents, I'd say it's more than a bargain.

9. nrfuller

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    So with 9MM dropping to 99 cents, are there ANY higher profile gameloft games that have yet to hit 99 cents? I was thinking they'd save some stuff for next week when the new phone launches, but I just realized- I don't think they have any stuff left. I think they've put every high profile title they've released at this point on sale for 99 cents. Or am I missing something?

10. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Will modern combat 2 work on an iPhone 3gs 8GB?

11. nrfuller

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    As long as you have enough room to install the app, I can't imagine why Modern Combat 2 wouldn't work on a 3GS.

12. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Enjoying 9MM so far. No problems or clunkiness like with Silent Ops.

Gamelofts best third person shooter so far.

Well worth the dollar.

13. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I think if 9mm were on consoles it would probably get an everage rating of 3 out of 10. Maybe I've been playing Xbox 360 games too much lately but 9mm is totally meh and boring.

14. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Agreed. Playing real games on real consoles makes most of the so-called "hardcore" games on iOS less enjoyable.

15. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yes, especially if you're playing Gameloft games. I find ALL their games generic and very sterile, with beyond-poor storyline and voiceacting.

iOS has a few good hardcore games, try CAVE's offerings like Dondonpachi or Espgaluda. They measure well against the console versions and even have special contents not available on the console versions.

Then there are the ports, game like Final Fantasy, Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Machinarium, GTA, Street Fighter IV.

Dead Space is awesome too. It gives the best gaming experience I've ever had on iOS with its superb atmosphere and sounds, tight controls and great story. It's in many ways the anti-Gamelfot, as EA really crafted the controls well instead of just slapping some virtual buttons and even went as far as creating all-new content - different from the console versions.

Then there are iOS originals too, games like Space Invaders Infinity Gene which end up getting ported to Xbox Live and PSN.

16. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Beware the IAP. I bought it last spring, accidentally deleted it and decided to give it another try. It won't reactivate. I've written game loft, but don't expect a reply till Monday.

17. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    That's the word I would use to describe a lot of Gameloft games - generic. Mediocre is another. I think people are blinded when it comes to handheld phone games. A company comes out with a console like game w/ 3D graphics and no matter how rubbish it is I think a lot of people are blinded by that and think its great. It's sad to see horrid games in the AppStore like Splinter Cell Conviction,
    Silent Ops, Shadow Guardian, and 9mm get high ratings in the iOS media outlets.

Like another poster said, if this were on consoles, a lot of Gameloft games would would be getting F ratings. There's a lot of good hardcore games in the AppStore now, we need to see past Gameloft's crap games

18. VOGamer

VOGamer Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Settlers worth it? I like real time strategy games, but worry that during the late stage of the level with all those units, it would suck out all of the power of the battery. Does anyone know if it is true?