Universal [Com2uS] Inotia 3: Children of Carnia- Profoundly Epic RPG! (Universal) $0.99 Sale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by com2us, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    #21 Blizzard500, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Can someone tell me if there's a weapon refine/chaos system like that of inotia 2 and what kind of IAPs are there?

Also, is there an online PVP mode and Rankings at all?

2. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Zomg universal!

3. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    #23 gospel9, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    I am really impressed with the little details they put into this title. Did I say the UI was great? It not only looks pleasing to the eye, but it's incredibly functional and you never really feel like anything's cluttered. But what's even more incredible is how they allow full customization of Each of the buttons. Not only can you tweak each button's opacity individually, but you can even resize them to exactly you want them, individually. So if you wanted to have a bigger heal button, for example, you can do that. You can of course, drag your controls around the screen however you like.

The game's skills are nothing less than what you might expect from Inotia 2; they are very carefully thought out and anyone who's played WoW would appreciate the quality and detail in those talent trees. Now... if only we can do respecs. (I am not sure if you can respec by game's gold). Inotia 2 was a very well balanced out game skills wise where respecs can truly benefit the game; you can spec your Templar as a DPS, tank or healer, or hybrid, for example. You can go all on pure healing spec on a priest, or as a party buffer.

The same item synthesis system seemed to have carried over to this version as well.

I can't really comment much on the story / plot but so far, but so far it looks like they weren't kidding when they said they hired 3 script writers for the game. There's plenty of dialogue with acceptable English. The characters look like they have some personality (so far). Edit: Oh yeah there's an usual large amount of "..." as highlighted by TA in the frontpage, heh.

4. snipyro

snipyro Member

May 30, 2009
    Does anyone know if it's possible to use touchscreen controls? Playing it on my iPad atm but I'm unable to play with touchscreen controls - my preferred control system.

5. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    is there a forum about this game where people can get help?

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    You are the reason that video gamers get labeled as one of the most self entitled brats of the hobby world.

Game runs great.... looking forward to spending some more time with it this weekend.

7. Shanatenay

Shanatenay Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I bought it because I have to buy any action rpg if it looks decent. That being said, it seems like the graphics have been majorly downgraded from the previous game. I understand going with a different style, but I personally find Terra and Zenonia 2's sprites look much better. I'm just picky about that though and I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy it regardless.

8. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Is there alot of skills in this game cuz I found in part 2 didn't have many skills leaving the person not my h reason into leveling up to unlock new ones?

9. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Despite hating Com2us's greedy practices, I still bought it, and I like it.

10. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    is there ipod music support?

11. snipyro

snipyro Member

May 30, 2009
    Yup there is. Listening to "Like a G6" and killing monsters is awesome. :)

12. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
  13. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    so what's different between this and 2 besides different UI and art style?

The TA impression is kinda vague about what changed o0"

14. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Yeah, there's iPod support.

15. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Thankfully, no reindeer were harmed in the making of this epic. Keh heh heh!

16. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    so did they really used the names given by the winner of the contest? :D
    and i also won,as i remember my price is a gift card? hehe
    i want to try this though i was 75%of the first and 5 % on the 2nd :D

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Graphically, to me this looks like a step backwards from the last game. The art looks more washed out, less defined, and generally more generic.

18. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I agree. Doesn't seem crisp at all.

These games desperately need high res pixels.

19. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    is direct touch control still available?

20. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Agreed. I loved the graphics in Inotia 2 and this feels more like Zenonia's graphics and so a step backwards. While Zenonia is a great series, the graphics aren't really what I would call great.

The screenshots look blurry...I'm hesitant to buy this right now..