Universal [Com2uS] Inotia 3: Children of Carnia- Profoundly Epic RPG! (Universal) $0.99 Sale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by com2us, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Braderz999

Braderz999 Active Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I'll play through this a bit today and post my thoughts later :)

2. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Have all the beta testers gotten there gift cards?

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Why were the touch to move controls removed? Those were perfect for playing on the iPad :(

Any chance of putting then back in the next update?

4. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    25 mega only??!!!

5. snipyro

snipyro Member

May 30, 2009
    Mmm...its more or less on par with Inotia 2 IMO. I have it on a iPod Touch 4G and an iPad. Bit blurred on iPad but its fine on the iPod.

6. kemsiro

kemsiro Member

Dec 26, 2010
    been waiting for this game. let's see ..

7. fi2-shift

fi2-shift Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    IT at CCC
    Santo Domingo
    I'm very disappointed about the graphics, I saw a video of the beta and graphics looked crisp, but I'm playing on an iPod Touch 4 and sprites look washed out and pixelated..

Oh, and I hate how the BGM suddenly stops and you are left alone reading conversations or killing mobs with no music :(

8. snipyro

snipyro Member

May 30, 2009
    That is definitely a big problem that detracts from the overall experience. I don't have too much of an issue with the graphics, but I want a touch control interface option like Inotia 2 and the sound issues to be fixed in an update!

9. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    You are gonna find people on the other side of the fence. I feel like 2 had a more generic feel graphically and prefer the more cartoonish sprites.

10. asjhust

asjhust Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    i like it

i like it~

11. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    won't buy this since the direct touch control is gone

12. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

It does look pretty washed out and blurry on the iPad. Like everyone else is saying, it just doesn't look good.

On a positive note, the controls work well, and combat seems nice so far. I haven't gotten too far story wise, but it's not terrible.

Id be happy with it if the graphics were a little more sharp, but as it stands now, it feels like another old cell phone port.

13. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Die hard fan for inotia 2, can't refuse to download it with 4.99 even tho I'm disappointed with the graphic

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Are there actually Iap in this game? Haven't seen any yet.

15. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #55 ImLegend, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Super disappointed to the BLUR graphic, believe it is a crappy cellphpne port without doing any prettify work. If you're looking for eye candy like me, don't buy it, most worth for 99 cents. Inotia2 I paid for 7.99 I feel 100% worth it, this one I feel totally rip off

16. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    The only reason I liked inotia 2 over the generic RPGs like seed, itarus, terra, and zenonia was the appealing graphics.

Now inotia 3 has downgraded to that same blurry cell phone port rpgs category...what a huge letdown with the graphics...did Com2us not consider the reaction of fans?

Now my hope lies in Inotia 4.

17. Does the graphic issue plague iPod 3G without retina?

Plus, does this game involve repetitive fetch quests?

18. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    im surprised that theres still some of the most talked about bugs that were in the beta, present in the release build. still slows down when conversating, not nearly as bad but still there. still can only hear attack effects from the char you are controlling. still bad graphics. sigh, it sucks when sequels are downgraded from their predecessors. why this isnt on the same level as inotia 2, or even more the recent queens crown is just odd to me. well one thing they did improve since beta is the special effects from skills, much more flashy and appealing. there are some pluses such as a story u may actually be into and its impossible to get lost and not be abe to figure out what to do next. but even with the pluses it just doesnt feel as fresh and exciting as the first two.

i would be upset if i didnt get this with the money i got for testing, but anyways i hope they dont repeat this mistake with the next inotia.

19. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    #59 November's Chopin, Jan 6, 2011
    What...the...hell is this:
    - Blurry graphics that are way worse than Inotia 2, this is now on par with SEED 1 graphics, wtf? If com2us wants to copy the graphics of cellphone ports at least make them crisp like that EA RPG
    - Still the exact same type of skill trees, each character has like 3 skills, most of them have no fun animations at all (some skills for the barbarian look exactly the same as a normal hit, lol) especially for the melee characters, ya have fun with that :rolleyes:
    - No new classes since Inotia 2
    - Still the same slow semi-turn based automatic combat = boring
    - No changing attack animations unlike other games, it's simply 1 motion looped
    - Knowing it's com2us, I'd expect some ridiculous IAPs like extra stats or character cards or whatever
    I was actually waiting months for this RPG to come out since their filler release Queen's Crown was such a pathetic excuse for an RPG. Now I'm beginning to think all that excitement for Inotia 3 is wasted. This game is not bad, it's just certainly not epic (define epic for us com2us? Infinity Blade was epic, GTA Chinatown Wars when it was first released for handheld was epic, Chaos Rings was epic, your Inotia 3 is not in any way epic), and certainly has no significant improvements or even changes from Inotia 2. Do not buy it if you already have Inotia 2 and wasn't too addicted to it.
    Eh this is farewell for any interest left for any of com2us's RPGs.

20. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    #60 gospel9, Jan 6, 2011
    Comparison between Inotia 2 vs Inotia 3 pixel artwork.

Comparison between Inotia 2 vs Inotia 3 pixel artwork.

1. Hero Character Sprites

Inotia 2: There was only one hero (your primary), the mercenaries are completely generic, and if they are the same class, even look identical to the hero. Monster sprites have very poor animations, and most of them looked almost too similar to each other.

Inotia 3: Real complete and unique characters with personalities (that is a HUGE step up from the previous game). Monster sprites looked a lot more varied, are more animated, boss characters look very unique + have real skill animations. Character attack / skill animations are also more fluid and have more frames than the previous game. Character portraits too, have improved substantially.

Even if they seemed a bit pixelated at first, you can't really say it's a step backwards. I mean, come on, the characters in Inotia 2 didn't even have faces/eyes. The artwork style is overall much better in my opinion, even though it isn't as sharp as Inotia 2. Sharpness isn't everything!

2. Equipment Sprites

Inotia 2: Equipment changes were very minor. There were only a few variations of weapons and armor sprite differences, and majority of them being only palette swaps. Missing Helmet sprites.

Inotia 3: The equipment sprites are much much more varied in their complete appearance, not just in color. There are also hat sprites for certain characters now as well.

3. Environment Art

As far as sharpness is concerned, they are on the same level between the two games, but the color palettes are much richer and looks more varied than Inotia 2.

4. Everything else.

You are also forgetting the retina text, retina UI elements, retina character portraits, high resolution items icons, larger high res skill icons etc. These are substantial improvements over the previous Inotia 2.

Remember Com2us released a patch that gave Inotia 2 higher resolution damage / special effect / skill icons about a month down the road after its release. There's a possibility that we might get an update down the road.

But even if you aren't much of a fan of the pixel sprite art, you can't really deny that Inotia 3 has improved substantially from a RPG perspective. Real characters, a real likeable plot, good character dialogues, character development / personalities, good and varied rewarding quests. Even more more importantly, the already awesome gameplay has been improved. There are more "named" rare monsters than ever, fights are tougher, skills are even more balanced. And then, as if that's not enough, Inotia 3 comes with a decent soundtrack that's unheard of in KRPGs. If Com2us were being cheap, they could simply have ported over those lame 10 second loops (like Gamevil games). The music score while not as memorable as Square's titles, they are at least on par if not better than other console portable RPGs (like Crimson Gem Saga).