Universal [Com2uS] Inotia 3: Children of Carnia- Profoundly Epic RPG! (Universal) $0.99 Sale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by com2us, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Braderz999

Braderz999 Active Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Besides the blur etc

What does everyone think is the best class? Ive tried pally, rogue and barbarian and so far liking rogue most.

Now trying mage, hate priests, and archers never appeal to me

2. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    I know, but this is just amazing! I thought I would have to delete something to get this!

3. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I do find it odd how their 2nd game had great visuals and this one seems to be a run of the mill mobile phone looking game, long as it plays well I guess.

4. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008

I don't think you can get a real feel about a class without playing them in a real party or if most of your skills are still locked. Each one of the classes play very differently, depending on the party. Character specs can also affect how that character plays. A Mage can spec for summon tanking or for pure DPS, for example. Summon tanking is good for tanking aids(minions) but not bosses.

Also don't forget that you are effectively playing 3 classes at the same time so you should be able to experiment with most if not all of the jobs in one play through.

5. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I haven't either, that sure was a surprise from Com2us. I found a lot of "Awakening Seals" from drops, which let you randomly unlock skills I think. There are also "Dice" drops that let you randomize the stats of a character. But haven't been able to find a respec drop yet...

6. JoeBlonde

JoeBlonde Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Hey, com2us, is there any chance you finally fix the first Inotia so it works again on the iPad?

Maybe then i'll give this one a try...

7. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Well said! This game is definitely not a direct port considering the artwork of the character portrait in HD and the REAL soundtrack. Yes, the pixelated graphic is a let down but the other aspects of the game does make the inotia 3 better than average cellphone port. Zenonia, Zenonia2, Illusia, Itarus and others does not show the character personality or any changes of their emotion.

8. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Kinda disappointed that archers still control like crap like in 2.

There targeting is pretty wack. Do they get anything that increases their range later?

9. isaber

isaber Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Hai5, are you planning to cheat in this game again? :)

10. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Question: Can I play this without having played the 1st or 2nd, without missing anything?

11. NickDD

NickDD Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Computer Information Systems Administrator
    The story is completely different so yes, but I would highly not recommend buying this unless you can get past the "blurry" looking graphics. I haven't played much at all but it's not enjoyable to me playing something that looks blurry. I'm someone who doesn't care if the graphics are 2D or bad 3D but when it's not crisp that's when I draw the line. I can't tell you how the gameplay is, assuming it's highly similar to the second but because of the graphics it's hard for me to recommend it to anyone...

12. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    A bit like Zenonia's, I'm guessing?

13. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    No, Zenonia's was purposely made with those chibi sprites.
    This one is more like SEED 1's graphics. It basically looks like Zenonia's sprites but stretched two times, with a bad contrast and very bland look. It is not colorful or sharp.

14. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I dont mind pixel graphics at all, I like them actually, it gives a game a sense of nostalgia to me. But I don't like blurry graphics, that make it look as though little effort was put into them, when I'm sure thats not the case. Maybe this is the look they were going for, but not very many people seem to be enjoying it.

Sharpness matters to me, and in a market this competitive, it can make the difference between playing for 15 hours or 15 minutes.

15. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Just my 2 cents

Just a couple of hours into the game - I think the story/polishness and the gameplay FAR OUTWEIGHT the dullness of the graphics. Come down to this... would you rather have great graphics/decent gameplay or great gameplay/decent graphics

16. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Gameplay is the same old boring things as the second one so far....by the time you get to level 20 it just gets really old

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I'm with you on this one. As far as I'm concerned, Inotia 3 is better than Inotia 2 in all the ways that it matters -- story, character, pace, imagination, etc. There's definitely a Secret of Mana vibe to the game (you even pull a sword from a stone in an obvious homage), even a bit of Chrono Trigger. After a couple hours I'm still intrigued by the narrative and connected to the characters. After a couple of hours with Inotia 2 I didn't give a crap about anything. For me, that makes the sequel a big step up.

18. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    how many skills is there and is it like when ur level 20 thats it no new skills

19. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    In this day and age, we shouldn't have to pick.

20. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #80 Gabrien, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    *sigh* Just when I all but dismiss this, you show up and I'm back to square one. :p

Thing is, I liked Inotia 2 simply because it didn't look like every other Asian rpg. I mean, it did artistically, but it actually looked like someone made an effort. This, just blends right into the rest.