Universal [Com2uS] Inotia 3: Children of Carnia- Profoundly Epic RPG! (Universal) $0.99 Sale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by com2us, Jan 6, 2011.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I think the effort here went into making the narrative flow -- meaning that one sequence leads naturally to the next one. It's not that it's that different from other KRPGs in the app store, it's just that it does what it does better (so far, anyway).

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Having owned and played every KRPG on the idevice, yes every freaking single one of those poorly translated, same story, grindfests, I can safely say that this is the best of them all. It has now even surpassed across age for me, which had been my favorite KRPG since it came out. This game truly does everything inotia 2 does well, and does it better. Superb job com2us.

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I can understand that argument completely. But I am on the other side of the fence. Inotia 2 everyone looked the same with a slightly different armor variations. I really hated the graphics in 2. The enemies were drab and the story and scenery was so generic / dull that my head hurt.

I am a sucker for the sprite style that makes me feel like I am playing an SNES game, I will admit that. But most people complaining about graphics on a sprite based game are idiots in this post. I don't even see a lot of this so called blur in all the games that people complain about... but I could honestly have eye problems.

And the 4.99 is to much argument? For a game with (albeit similar to the last) fun game play that last for a decent amount of time? I don't get what the complaints are even for on that one. Especially since this is one of the few Asian themed rpgs on the app store with no IAP and good gameplay mechanics.

Still my favorite is Wild Frontier (english version is coming out soon), but this is next in line. Zenonia and all the rest feel half$#@ed compared to this one.

4. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I feel the same way, though personally I find the gameplay to be superior to Secret of Mana / CT. The pacing is just perfect for a mobile game.

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #85 GodSon, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    Game Impressions

Positives:
    - Story is engaging.
    - Diverse and familiar set of character classes.
    - Diverse and familiar skill-sets for all characters.
    - Party system.
    - Controls are very responsive, aesthetically pleasing to look at, and very impressive customization for them.
    - Map Backgrounds.
    - Retina menus.

Negatives:
    - Can't change the name of the main character.
    - No option to turn off nor adjust BGM volume.
    - No option to change controls to touchscreen.
    - Graphics(mixed feelings).

I kind of feel let down that they revamped the graphics in Inotia 3. The main thing I loved about Inotia 2 were the graphics. I felt the overall graphics are what really made Inotia 2 stand out, and a different game from the other RPG's in the Appstore(as well as the party system). I dont mind pixel graphics in the least bit, but in Inotia 3 I feel as if I am playing a complete game that is slightly rushed. The backgrounds aren't bad at all but the character sprites in-game look very bland and washed out. What hurts the worse is the Retina menus and story pop ups that tease you.

I hope the Devs do sharpen the sprites up because I feel like everything else is there(really enjoying the story and characters a lot). The price is also well worth it and overall I'm glad I picked it up.

6. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    You can turn off bgm and use ipod music o0"

7. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    #87 RodmanSan, Jan 7, 2011
    Sorry that i also nitpick about this...but i better should have listened to other users on this board.
    I really love rpg games...but this is the first one that i find unplayable due to the fact that the graphics are extremely blurry.

Next to the fact that it feels that i have to buy glasses...the resolution of the game is also stretched out on a iPad....so it looks like i am playing with long thin stretched out characters.

I really hope they can correct these issues with a patch update....as i have the feeling that i made a bad purchase.

As for all the people that try to give it a positive twist by stating what you would have liked better...good graphics or a good story....in this year and age it should be a combination of the two....GOOD graphics and a GOOD story.
    If they can release previous versions with better graphics...why can't they release the same quality this time around...?

8. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Hey, got promo code from Com2Us... too bad already purchased the game :(
    ------------------------------------------
    Here is the promo code you won from the Inotia 3: The Childern of Carnia character naming competition!: 3E7XXXXXXX49

Congratulations, again!
    We hope you enjoy playing Inotia 3.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Com2uS

9. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    You can exchange the code for another game you want in the promo code exchange group, or you can gift it to me because birds are singing and you're feeling generous. ;)

10. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Out of all the RPGs on the iPhone (I have most of the better ones), Inotia 2 was the one that I really got into. So much so that I forgot about WoW for quite a while in which I was quite addicted. Suffice to say that I really love the series.

After seeing that Inotia 3 was out (huge surprise for me) I jumped on it with no regard for the price. It's actually well priced. I'm not disappointed at all. In fact it's definitely an improvement over Inotia.

No more countless re-rolls to find the perfect character
    Love the new merc system
    Love the UI
    Universal
    Awesome characters

Minuses:
    Ok, the graphics are a minor letdown. The art is great but it is indeed a bit blurry. Doesn't bother me much but I'd like to see the crispness of Inotia 2.
    I miss the touch control of Inotia 2. I don't like using a virtual pad although in this case it works quite well.

For those who are on the fence, I'd say go for it.

11. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I love RPG's! And this one looks so good, sucks that I am out of iTunes money and cash.
    I'll have to pick it up a little later then.

12. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    What I liked in inotia 2 was graphics only.. And this doesn't offer.. I will wait to see how com2us will fix it

13. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
  14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #94 GodSon, Jan 7, 2011
    Thanks but I am aware I can do that. For most games, I tend only prefer soundfx with no BGM at all. Regardless, the more I play, the more I'm enjoying it.

EDIT: I also have a promo code available for a good friend/member being that I chose to purchase prior to receiving it(contest). I'm glad I supported the Devs.

15. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

After forcing myself to play it more, and get over the graphics, it's not that bad of a game.

Im not a fan of the fetch quests, but the actual gameplay is decent enough that its still fun.

I dont like the music though, where it's loud in one area, and completely silent in the next.

If you liked the 2nd Inotia, and can get over the graphics, I'd say you'll enjoy this one.

16. amaterasu87

amaterasu87 New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    is it true that when we level up, we just got 1 skill point but the stats didn;t increase??anyone??:confused:
    im using mage n after 2 level ups, my INT stats remain 31...:mad:

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    You just get skill points! I am pretty sure that its been that way for the first two. But you can get dice in the game that will let you add some points randomly if you like what they turn up.

Seriously loving the fact that the items that I would have imagined are IAP are random drops.

18. Soulblitz

Soulblitz Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I just downloaded this after seeing it was Universal (which I have to say is quite misleading), and reinstalled Inotia 2. Speaking purely about the graphics, having played about 5 minutes of each, Inotia 2 seems a lot better to be. The animations are faster and smoother (the walking animation in particular is the obvious one), and everything is a lot more crisp and defined.

As for Inotia 3 being Universal, I guess it technically is, but practically nothing in the game has been changed. Other than the dialogue being clearer, everything is just a blurred, upscaled version of the iPhone one. The worst thing is that, due to the differing resolutions of the devices, the character portraits have simply been stretched and are completely out of proportion.

Considering the fact I've just bought Inotia 3, and I bought Inotia 2 on the day it came out and never bothered to play through it, I'm much more inclined to play Inotia 2 than Inotia 3.

19. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    @soulblitz....that's exactly what i was thinking.....:(

Hopefully one of the devs reads the many comments concerning the blurry graphics and the resolution which is out of proportion.

20. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    "Blurry, blurry, blurry"? Eh, guess I can't see the blur everyone is claiming this has. Honestly, Inotia 3 is much faster paced than Inotia 2 so far. The walking is even faster, Inotia 2 had a pretty slow walking pace.

But anyway, Anyone who was a fan of Inotia 2 should definately pick this up. More classes and tons of fun :p.