Universal [Com2uS] Inotia 3: Children of Carnia- Profoundly Epic RPG! (Universal) $0.99 Sale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by com2us, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I got no response :/

2. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Anyone know if there are teleports in here? Haven't found one yet.

3. Tried it today. Graphics aren't blurry on 3g, just not as good as Inotia 2's. Be warned though, there is a lot of running around for items/quests!

4. seekere

seekere Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Pvp

The main point of SP is to get buffed for PVP..havnt seen anything of it like in past inotias?!! is there pvp?

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    #105 jsrco, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    Most people play RPGS for the SP. This one had a large focus on writing the story. I could see it getting updated in down the road, but would expect them to put in IAP before that.

6. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Graphic isn't everything, if dialogue and menu are not in retina display, then this game is not another cellphone port. But u can see com2us did work on the features mentioned and the story and music is matching up console quality if not better

7. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Did you guys know that you can now use up to 6 Active skills per character? And all the jobs now have 4 extra skills (2 active, 2 passive, and along modified ones from the second game). This opens up so much more strategy and builds, I think.

It is really too bad that com2us isn't offering us skill resets for the game.

8. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I'm loving all the characters and skills, so much replayability. Hopefully there are resets later in the game, never know.

9. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Found some bugs

characters stuck/hang on tree
    [​IMG]

empty weapon store with 1/0 page
    [​IMG]

10. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    What's your fav class so far?

Archers are kinda boring because ranged targeting is kinda wack so you can't really play ranged.

11. gospel9

Oct 5, 2008
    #111 gospel9, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
    I have encountered the bug that prevents enemies from dropping any item (including quest items), which also have affected the rarity NPC merchant (as seen in the screenshot above, selling nothing). A simple Save, Main Menu, Continue fixed the issue for me.

If you ever got stuck for some reason you should be able to get out of that state by reloading or entering another map.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I'm playing a mage, which I like quite a bit. It would be great if you could tap to target -- as is, ranged targeting is a bit hit or miss (so to speak).

In this game, though, I'm paying little attention to classes, skills, etc, and just focusing on the story. For once in one of these cellphone ports, I'm actually really digging it (even though it's nothing original). The characters are surprisingly memorable, and there have actually been a couple of touching moments so far.

13. gospel9

Oct 5, 2008
    #113 gospel9, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011

Even if your main maybe a ranged character, you should always try to grab aggro / hostility with your main tank. Whoever gets the first attack gets an initial aggro bonus, or at least it seems to be that way for me. Archers are ranged DPS characters so just make sure you are staying away from harm while your Barbarian or Templar or Mage Summon's taking the damage.

If you are just farming around weak monsters of course it'd be boring. Try to advance through the quests quicker and fight higher leveled monsters.

Also it helps to use a special attack as your opener if you are looking for maximum range. Just keep tapping the button as you walk towards an enemy.

Edit: Oh my favorite class so far has to be the Barbarian. I love his buff that speeds up his attack speed. Barbarians are great tanks in late-game due to Magic Resistance, high HP, and good aggro damage. The dash attack ability is also quite nice to have as a melee class. Sadly my main is a templar so I only got to experience him without all the skills unlocked, though I have tried enough Barbarian mercs to get a good enough feel of some of the other skills. Mage also seemed to be just as fun as the second game.

14. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I bought this yesterday and I have been playing since then.

The graphics are bit of a bummer but the gameplay is surprisingly good. Some cheesy moments here and there but all in all, I'm enjoying this.

I'm playing as a Templar which is a bit boring skillwise so like squarezero, I'm just focusing on the story at the moment. I will probably try the mage next time since mage was incredibly good with the golem in Inotia 2

15. NickDD

NickDD Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Computer Information Systems Administrator
    So many dialogue errors agh, if I was picked for testing I would actually look for things. First of all the armor shops say weapon shop at the top of them, there are numerous spelling mistakes in the dialogue I've encountered. Please fix it since the story is actually worth reading. I still wish they could sharpen up the graphics they're so low-res :(

16. Ratsreviews

Ratsreviews Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I quite like the low resolution graphics...they remind me of back in the day.

17. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Really do not think this should be termed 'universal', clearly (forgive the use of the word) it plays crisper and cleaner on anything other than an iPad.

18. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    It completely makes no sense why the archer and mage has a range of like 5 footsteps. Even I can shoot an arrow accurately over 5 steps. :rolleyes:
    With the weak defense of ranged characters, they practically have little advantage over melee characters since their range is not that different from a barbarian's range. This is the same annoying feature found in Inotia 2, what in the world is with the ridiculously short range? It's hard to not get hit with a short range like that.

19. NickDD

NickDD Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Computer Information Systems Administrator
    Well it's a shame to me because I like the art style they chose in this game and the color palette of the textures seem brighter than inotia 2 but it's so low res it just seems dull.

20. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Inotia 3 Calendar!

We've uploaded Inotia 3 calendar on the very first page of this thread.
    Go download it for your iDevices! :)