[Com2uS] The Black Friday Sale for a limited time!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by com2us, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Apple make 30% of every IAP sold.

2. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    That maybe true but it's more about proper declaration of what you getting.
    I just feel frustrated and ripped off.

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Even Apple's vested interest aside: for Apple to admit that any "update" is actually a downgrade to something you already purchased would be counter-intuitive to their business sense; and with good reason: that shouldn't ever, ever happen. The root of the problem is what needs to be addressed, but then we get back to the "vested interest" problem.

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yikes! I guess I'll pass if the difficulty has spiked for IAP! =/
    Thanks for the feedback though..

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Just for the records. Played 'Tower Defense: Lost Earth' for another hour on iPad 2 up to level 16 (of 40) in campaign mode (made all medals on easy, normal and hard; okay except ONE level—only on normal). No need for IAPs until now. But it gets definitely more difficult and really hectic with the time. You get occupied and need to multitask. I love that. Fabulous realtime puzzle with a high strategy factor. Try different ways to solve the levels, it's possible.

Some great new elements like battery towers harvesting ressources (but NO diamonds ;)) and special weapons. Really pretty and very professional designed TD. Gameplay-wise. Perfect controls as well. Flawless. Clearly one of the best TD games in App Store.

So after the 120 minutes of gameplay I don't regret the 79 Eurocents—no matter what happens with the rest of the levels. And I am having really a hard time to highly recommend it despite of the bad bad IAP marketing crap. Without IAPs it would be maybe a five stars game (and I almost NEVER rate with five stars, there are only ten games or so with five stars for me).

Updated my blogposting (German-language) on that topic.

So grab it until the sale lasts when you like TD games or when you want to learn that exciting genre. Read this thread and decide if you want to give more money for it.