Universal Combo Crew - (by The Game Bakers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Customizeable Double Dragon like gameplay optimized for touch devices and infinitely replayable! :)

2. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Add me [email protected]

3. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It all depends on what you're looking for. There isn't any real story or RPG elements short of unlocking new moves, and if some fighter game veteran, I'm sure the mechanics are kind of simplistic.

BUT, for those of us looking for a fun new highscore chaser with a fighting system just deep enough to keep stuff interesting with a wide variety of baddies, I heartily recommend it! :)

4. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Does anyone has test this on iPad 3 with the latest iOS?
    In mine keep crashing all the time after the splash screen (i reboot my iPad, i reinstall it 4 times from the computer or in the device directly but nothing changed).
    Today i cannot find it on the appstore (Greek). Maybe the version had localization problems or something.

5. Grhyll

Grhyll New Member

May 23, 2013
    #45 Grhyll, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    Great game.

6. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I can't find it on the Danish AppStore either.
    I'm thinking, maybe it was pulled?

7. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Hi Touch Arcade community!
    Thanks for supporting the game so far. Thanks @undeadcow for the beta testing and the good description of the game!

@LordGek, I hope you'll see that there's much more depth than you can expect at first glance.

Regarding the bugs, please don't hesitate to report the bugs at combocrew at thegamebakers dotcom!

Regarding Facebook, it seems that it's the Facebook app that crashes. If you kill Combo Crew and relaunch it, login should work. We'll see if we can do something about it.

@ironSam80: some players have reported a localisation bug that makes the game crash if your device is not in a supported language. We fixed it and it's already submitted to Apple, but until we update, the quickest work around is to setup your device in English (or Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German).

Thanks for playing and see you soon on Combo Crew, the team will share it's email to give you a bit of scoring challenge ;-)

8. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    @Bytebrain: yes, we pulled it because of the localization bug mentioned above. It's going to be backkk........ super soon. Hopefully. As soon as Apple can greenlight it. Sorry about that and thanks for your patience!

9. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Cool, I look forward to find this out! :)

10. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks for the quick response!

11. iEdGamer

iEdGamer Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Game is amazing! I love it! Simple yet engaging.

I know it's still early, but I hope that future updates would include "Air Combo". It's fun to juggle monsters upwardly but swiping it with one finger as a finishing move is kinda anti-climatic. If only we can continue doing combos with 2 finger swipes in the air ;)

Other than that, everything is great! Really hope that you guys can add more characters into the game. :D I love sammo!

I noticed that you can add friends with e-mail, but isn't that kinda of pointless to have facebook be signed in since you can't access your facebook friends that actually play the game and add them? The multiplayer feature is still pretty messy

Other than that, it's really fun. Keep up the great work!

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I have to add here that my big annoyance with the friend interface is that I see now way to add friends' addresses other than at the end of a session. Wouldn't it make far more sense to have this something I could do from the Options or Main Menu before I even start a session? Just this morning I saw a friend who wanted to be listed so I fired up the game quickly just to add in their name, not to play the game right at the moment, and saw no way to add them.

13. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not available in the Singapore store yet. Definitely looking forward to trying it out.

Any word if GC is intergrated into the multiplayer? Like joining a room with strangers or something.

Kind of a bummer there's only 4 characters to get(hopefully more to come?)

BUT DEFINITELY BUYING THIS!

14. Sheo

Sheo Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Russia
    It was avaliable today morning but now sadly its not avaliable in russian appstore

15. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Is back on the store!

16. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Just purchased, first 10 minutes and I must say I'm hooked thus far.

I'm definitely peeved about the lack of the gamecentre friends intergrated into the multiplayer. The idea of adding friends through email seems odd.

Anyways, looking for peeps, add me up!

[email protected]

17. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Enjoying this even if I haven't completely meshed with the controls yet. Biggest complaint is the "button" assignment UI is about as assbackward as is seemingly possible and still keeping it functional. You can always tell when someone's code pushed them down a rabbit hole they didn't feel like digging out of.

How it should work is there is a button in the assignment for each of the four swipe directions, press it, and then a dialog comes up for whatever combo you want to assign to it. Simple, direct, and functions like every key assignment dialog that's been used since Doom.

Instead you select the combo and assign it to a particular swipe, but if there's already something, it gets deselected... and if you press something again, it gets swapped... just a holy mess.

Lack of Game Center for friends is something that seems like an oversight. Functionless FB integration is just odd.

18. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
  19. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    I just remembered what this game reminds me of, batman arkym asylm, but without the exploration part. You essentially just combo the enemies and watch for when they will attack so you can perform a counter and continue your attack combo. Still a fun game, but forcing facebook integration just means I'll be playing this game solo.

20. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Is this game endless ? Or has it a true ending like The original Double Dragon or Final Fight for example ?