Universal Combo Crew - (by The Game Bakers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Same here .

2. l3aper

l3aper Member

Nov 7, 2012
    For Dolph's challenge in Combo Crew mode "beat a score of 2 million", does this mean beat a friend's score of 2 million or achieve a solo score of 2 million? I'm consistently racking up around 3-4 mil but not getting the achievement, I'm wondering if not having any friends has to do with it.

3. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Anyone know what the "launch a pawn" challenges are all about? Does that just mean using a launch attack on one of the little guys to interrupt the jump of one of the bigger enemies?

4. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I had the same problem. I sent them an email about it.

This game is awesome. I've been playing nonstop. Do we have an add-me page yet?

5. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Looks good but what makes it so addicting?

6. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
  7. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Squids series games were launched without IAP and updates bring it so I'm wondering if Game Bakers will do the same thing :(

8. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Launch (thrown back like getting rammed by a bull) a specific enemy denoted by the head icon. You don't have to interrupt.

9. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Is the only way to get gamepads is story mode getting gold? Im having ahrd time figuring if I should save for unlocking characters or new combos :/

10. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    In story mode, yes, but they get handed out rather liberally for mission completion in CC mode. I already unlocked both characters, and purchased every move I've unlocked for Gina with plenty of wiggle room.

11. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Sammy needs new moves badly. Why does he have so few compared to the others?

12. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    He's meant as a bonus character, so I'm guessing he was added as kind of an afterthought. I'm sure hell get better as more moves are unlocked for him, though his combo crew challenges do seem really hard

13. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    chun li kick... pretty op!

What combo load outs do yall use?

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    IMO, the best non stick controls I've used in a fighter were in the original Samurai by Madfinger. I think it would be easier to execute gestures than multi-finger swiping. Brand New Boy also had great controls in a 3d control free fighter.

Too bad the sequel to Samurai switched to standard controls.

15. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #115 Brrobotix, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
    The first Parker combo is amazing, it hits ground, guard breaks, and launches. Gina's first combo is good too but it doesn't launch, only knockdown

Generally though I try to use combos that correspond with the direction. My up swipe combo juggles, down swipe usually knocksdown or hits ground, sides launch and/or guard break

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #116 Echoen, May 26, 2013
    Agreed and I have this same setup as well. That 3-in-1 kick combo isn't great for points though. It would be imba if it hit 6 times :D

Just checked the leaderboards and found out I'm #1 among the legit in both categories :D I'm just waiting on a rescue request so I can continue my current run. I want to reach the 31st floor already. :/

Actually, I'd like to request a feature about rescues. Let us be able to cancel them if we didn't die :D

17. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I'm actually more of a fan of short combos. The longer ones take too long and leave you vulnerable to attacks from other enemies mid-combo.

18. l3aper

l3aper Member

Nov 7, 2012
    #118 l3aper, May 26, 2013
    I agree with you there, but some long combos are good if one or two enemies are still hanging around and you're ready to trigger the next wave. A lot of Dolph's Knockdown/Ground attacks are devastating if you can get them in.

My tricks are usually:

1) Combos corresponding to command
    I play "thumbs" style, and my combos do correspond to their effects (someone mentioned this earlier). My up is usually juggle, and down is usually a knockdown or ground attack. For the thumbs-to-edges command, I like to make this the utility combo- something that's pretty powerful and works equally well against all enemies (cough cough Parker's Tail Launch OP). For thumbs-to-center, I make this my most devastating attack, for use against enemies that deal the most damage or can attack from anywhere onscreen (more on that later). Speaking of Tail Launch.....

2) Guard Breaker and Dizzy
    Are the best two abilities to have equipped. Hands-down. Anything with Guard Breaker is good- enemies guarding is one of the few things that will break your combo (it'll time out), besides taking damage. The masked guys are a real pain to deal with if you don't have a Guard Breaker combo equipped, and they do appear with some regularity. Guard Breaker plus another ability is OP and you should probably have at least one.
    Dizzy is not quite as good as GB, but it can shut some really dangerous enemies down and leave them open to your most damaging combos. You should definitley Dizzy Mr. Boss when he appears, since he can really screw over your combo and your health if he gets a hit in. And the ginger chicks with the fists are a nuisance. Dizzy 'em, get rid of 'em. Women are dangerous. Which segues nicely into

3)Enemy Prioritization
    Each enemy is equally dangerous and should be treated as such. However, the ones I personally consider most dangerous are enemies that can attack from anywhere onscreen, enemies that are extremely powerful, and those that can do both (obviously). My reasoning behind the first is that close range enemies can, and will, miss. Often you'll be wheeling away and flashing about the screen so quickly that they'll miss. The most dangerous enemies will not. They'll move across the screen as quickly as you will and smash away your Perfect Combo bonus. Which is why getting a Knockdown or Dizzy on Mr. Boss is so important- his attacks are some of the fastest and most damaging. Same with the ginger chick. Countering her can be easy if you have a short combo, but oh god. I forget how many times I've been in the middle of an Elbow Drop cleaning up one one side of the screen when she flies in and lays the beat down on me.

Finally: invest in Perks BEFORE Boosters. You'll be glad. :)

19. l3aper

l3aper Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Once I get my combos back from the save crash, it's on. I'll be on the "add me" page for the game eventually- see you on the 31st ;)

20. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    This game is just MARVELLOUS ! How it's easy and very well done ! Strange that anyone just did it earlier ! Combo Crew will be the next copied game, you will see !