Universal Commander Pixman (by One Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 28, 2011.

1. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    I think that one of the reasons sales are poor, is that the majority of reviews are critical, stating crashes and control issues mostly.

That's what stopped me buying it anyway.

2. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Where? 4/5 stars TouchArcade, 78% on Metacritic from multiple major sites reviews, 4.5/5 user reviews on the AppStore (US and other stores...) ;)

I really want to see those 'bad' reviews - nothing helps as much as constructive criticism!

But crashes? David here is quite an exception I think, I've pm'ed him already, no one else report me such things. Of course nothing is perfect, but it should be rare. I play my game almost all the time, and it is stable.

3. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Some news:

Quick update for "Commander Pixman: First Blood" ( free version ), is now available! Will fix some initial bugs.

Also, another BIG update is coming for full version! Will bring far more improved collision handling, timer will be stopped at start by default and new 10-15 levels. Comming soon!

Or maybe you have some new ideas? I will hear it gladly!

4. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    I've been playing the free version for a couple of days, and haven't had any crashes at all. :)

5. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Well, very good to hear that :) how do you like the game? ;)

6. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    #186 OneMinuteGames, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    Hello Pixmans!

Another update will come soon! 10 new medium-difficulty levels will appear on "First Blood" package + better collisions and timer stopped at start by default ( I've told that a couple of posts before ;) ) Maybe some surprise too, who knows ;)

Something to tease you:
    [​IMG]
    Screenshots from couple of new levels... I think they will give you some more fun!

Then I'll want to take look on an iPad ;)

I'm always glad to hear your ideas or feedback!

Cheers

7. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Incredible nice news ;) Black Friday sale of Commander Pixman! If somebody doesn't have it, now is the time! Last sale this year at least or maybe ever!

MORE INFO AND DISCUSSION HERE!

8. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Loving this game.

Let me echo what was said many pages ago... trying to beat level 42 while killing all enemies in under 13 seconds is BRUTAL. Took me over 500 tries, even after I'd read about how other people had done it. It's all fine until the gun and jump at the end. Just insane.

Well on my way to completing this one.

9. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Still on that ? Timer is stopped at start ? You can set it on Preferences App if not, it should help and make game easier ;)

Maybe I should decrease that time a little bit in the next update ?

10. LastWindow

LastWindow Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Have you thought about making is iCade compatible for when it's universal?

11. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Yes ;)

12. LastWindow

LastWindow Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Great, always nice to see a developer support it. :)

13. nafkert

May 10, 2010
    Just to clarify, I did finally beat it in 13 seconds after more than 500 tries, it just seems more difficult that would be considered reasonable.

If you adjusted the time of the final disappearing spikes on the level, even just slightly, it would make all the difference, I think. That's what always got me.

Also, just received my red ribbon on level 58, but there appeared to be a baddie in the "finish" zone (the second one, not the first) that I didn't kill. Glitch? Or was that just to make getting to the goal that much more difficult?

14. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Some levels could have monsters very hard or even totally impossible to kill. So there is fixed number of enemies required to kill, "Escape 58" is one of such levels ;) basically because those second part is hidden and not necessary to pass in regular game.

15. nafkert

May 10, 2010
    Gotcha. Makes sense.

Next Up: Three starring 59-65. :)

16. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Nice ;)

17. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Have you considered unlocking more levels at a time? Like for example in Edge Extended? So that if you are very stuck in one level you at least have a few others to try?

18. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Yeah, I'm thinking about something like this. But instead of unlocking multiple levels at once, maybe some button for "skipping" level ?

19. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Yay, thank you! I have no preference about the implementation, skipping levels sounds great too.

20. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    So I think something like that will be available in next version. Skip possibility should be available after some trials, for example 50...

What do you think guys ?