Universal Commander Pixman (by One Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 28, 2011.

1. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Sounds great to me :) I expect most TA-ers have no problem at least finishing the levels, but I'm in the top 10% in the leaderboards and I do find some levels almost impossible to finish, so there are probably more people who would like such an addition.

Really love the game. Had not expected that. In the beginning I thought it was way too hard, but now I manage to get two stars and a ribbon on most levels so far, and that's pretty good for me. I like the supershort levels here. I die a lot, but it is a lot less frustrating to die in a game with 10 second levels, unlimited lives and immediate restarts than in a game with 2 minute levels and limited lives.

2. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Nice you like it :)

Unfortunately not much of Commander Pixman players using Game Center ( about 600 of ~3100 total copies downloaded ), so you can be in top 10% quite easily ;)

But your idea was approved and it will be available in the next update - which means: very soon!

I'm thinking about, what number of unsuccessful tries will be required before "skip" button availability ? 25, 50, more ? Tell me your numbers guys! You know I listen ;)

3. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    50 seems reasonable. Enough to begin to be frustrated, but they'll still have to work for it.

4. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    I'll admit seeing the game developer active in this conversation got me playing Commander Pixman again...I'd forgotten how fun the game is. And tough. ;)

5. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    So 50 tries to skip button available :) Seems reasonable indeed!

@TimEggers: hope you will like it again :D Next update soon, so you won't be bored quickly I think!

6. Algebraf

Algebraf New Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Programmer
    Canada
    Skip Button +1

Great Game! But I have to admit that some levels are very challenging for my skills. Skip button will be GodÂ’s gift for me!

7. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Heh, I'm implementing it RIGHT NOW ;) Really... and it's almost done, will be available in the next update.

And I have some question... I want to add iCade support for Commander Pixman with iPad universal update, but maybe there is someone with iControlPad, who wants to use that controls for iPhone/iPod touch earlier ?

8. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    So, Commander Pixman 1.2.0 update already submitted to the AppStore!

It will bring:
    + Fixed possible 'static' monsters on replays.
    + Improved collisions.
    + Improved Game Center logging.
    + Game timer is stopped until you move, enabled by default.
    + "SKIP" level button added! If you really try without effort and simply want to go further!
    + 10 NEW LEVELS in "First Blood" pack. Whooping 135 levels total!

Along with earlier features from 1.1.0 update:
    + Game Center support! With leaderboards and achievements.
    + Scoring system! Get to the leaderboards from the beginning! Score for stars, badges and best times!
    + 45 NEW LEVELS and 5 NEW MISSIONS
    + Including new pack of levels: "First Blood"

It should be available next week!

9. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
  10. Realkuhl

Realkuhl Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Really fun!

LOVE the retro style of this game - LOVE the rock guitar addd to the mix -very appropriate.

One request for the future, Pixman needs to be able to crush the monsters by landing on them... please ;D

11. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Pfff....if u want only to finish the game it can be very very easy IMHO...eheh...eh...not funny, really

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I agree!!

13. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    @Realkuhl: Unfortunate, jump-and-kill will ruin current gameplay mechanic :/ Replays and so on. But I'll consider this idea for sequel ;)

@Foxmulderino, @ninjackid: So you guys think that this game require tougher levels ? ;) Maybe I'll prepare some specially for you :D

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Awwwww yeeaaahh!! Maybe something like League of Evil's "Impossible Levels" perhaps? :D

15. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Eheh I was waiting a reply from you, OneMinuteGames (ehi, your acronym is OMG, have you noticed it? oh my... :eek:) cause your pride can't stand my provocation-joke ihihih
    Anyway, new tougher levels? Ye, why not? I'm brave, I'm a warrior :)confused:) Neither death scares me (uhm...) I will consider it as a personal christmas gift, OMG...thank you :p

Definitely, I was thinking the same thing! :D

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Haha! OMG, that's awesome! I like that! :p

17. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    #217 OneMinuteGames, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    Well, this is a nice idea, I hope that fellows from ravenousgames wouldn't mind ;)

But not yet, maybe on Christmas :D

You can find couple of CP promocodes by following @TheAppShack on Twitter! Stay tuned!

18. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    I went ahead and bought the game. No crashes whatsoever, and performance is flawless as far as I can tell. No trouble with the controls either.

I can see why the graphics might put some people off, but the graphics could be toned down a bit, subtly improved without changing the game to much, I think.

19. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Hmm, I know gfx could be "too retro" for some, Pixman 2 will have nice 16-bit gfx inspired by Amiga days ;)

Can you tell exactly what do you mean by "toned down a bit" You mean colors ? Some 'filter' to simulate old-school displays ( like in Mos Speedrun ? )

20. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I personally find nothing wrong with the graphics, but I guess I could see where some folks, for some reason or another, might not like 'em. It's a really good idea to use 16-bit graphics for CP2 though, can't wait to see how they'll look! :D