Universal Commander Pixman (by One Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 28, 2011.

1. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    #341 OneMinuteGames, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    I'm investigating this crash :/ Probably something with iOS version, update to iOS 8 is not an option?

edit: I checked on iOS 7.1 and there is no obvious sign of crashes :/ If you can, can you send me crashlogs to PM?

After connecting your phone to iTunes, they should be copied here:
    Please find a files with .crash extension and CommanderPixman in its name.
    I want to fix those issues :/

edit:
    Ok, I think I found the issue, but unfortunately it is so critical that I had to remove game from sale for now, until fix will be approved.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^

Unfortunately, no, updating to iOS 8 is, for me, not an option. I've got too many games that have not been updated to work on iOS 8... As well as apps and the fact that I have an iphone 5, so it would slow my device down quite a bit as well...

But when I get home again on Tuesday I'll sync up my phone and get a crash report if you still need it.

Thank you for trying to find a fix so quickly. And sorry I can't help for a couple days... =o/

3. Markaroni💯

Sep 21, 2014
    As of today..the App Store says 'not available in the U.S'...Please look into this,I would like to purchase.

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Yeah, I tried to update it yesterday for the mfi controller update but it was not in the AppStore then either.

5. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Hello guys, thanks for your interest in Commander Pixman, unfortunately due this critical bug I was forced to remove game from sale, but worry not! Update is approved already and game shoud slowly re-appear on the AppStore right now!

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #346 syntheticvoid, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Well... I tried to sync my phone last night and wound up deleting everything.

I did reinstall this and it's still crashing on iOS 7.1.2... Just crashes on the main menu.

I tried getting another crash log this morning but wound up deleting everything on my phone again... No clue why my phone doesn't want to sync with my PC properly...

Oh well... Guess if I wanna play this game I will need to update to iOS 8 (yeah, that's NOT gonna happen until I update my device.., good to know it'll work whenever I wind up getting a 6 though...)...

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #347 Andy C83, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    In the post above yours Void it sounds like an update is coming that fixes the crashing problem... Unless I'm missing something..

Edit: Ah, the update is already live, I didn't know that. I'm guessing you already tried the updated version and no joy.

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah... no luck. =o/

Oh well... :p

9. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    That is just weird, I tried the game on two iPhones 5 (including my own) and it works just fine, also I tried it on 7.1.x simulator also without issues.

Will try to investigate it further.

10. D_Nowitzki

D_Nowitzki Guest

#350 D_Nowitzki, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    iPad Air with ios 8.2:

Version 1.5.1 worked great for several days... I just went to play Pixman again and all my progress was reset. :(

I restarted my iPad and now it just hangs at the loading screen for 20 seconds then crashes.

Will PM you a crash log. EDIT: Okay, maybe not. For some reason the crash log isn't being copied to my computer.

11. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Small update: together with D_Nowitzki we were able to crush this crash, and everything should work fine now. 1.5.2 update should be live very soon.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Just got a price drop. At .99 with mfi support. Why not?

13. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    GD I hate these controls. These are some of least responsive mfi I've seen. Rage quit and DELETE!

14. Jotch

Jotch Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I used to love this game but since the last couple of updates it crashes as soon as the title screen appears. Seems strange as the latest update was supposed to have fixed crashes on some devices.

I'm on an ipad 3 running 7.1 which according to the game requirements is fine.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yup, I'm still having crashing issues as well... but now I'm able to grab the crash reports... I went ahead and uploaded the latest one here:;:

http://textuploader.com/w2gk

16. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Hmm, I will check those crashes. Hope I'll be able to fix them for you mainly because it could mean some save failure :/

About slow response on mFi controllers, which one do you have @coolpepper43?

17. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Steelseries stratus. Thank you!

18. Jotch

Jotch Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Thanks. I hope so too. It used to be one of my 'go to' games. I miss that little fella!

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The main problem is that little taps do not register amost all the time. If you tap a button on the conntroler your guys will not move or will only move a tiny bit sometimes. If you tap it on the screen he will move a tiny bit every time and it's overall much more responsive.

20. Jotch

Jotch Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Any progress on the crash fix?