Universal Commander Pixman (by One Minute Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 28, 2011.

1. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

Just played it. Nice. Like the little intro, graphics, sounds etc.

If it's more a jetpack when he jumps maybe add some little pixels or vapor trail? Would also be nice to see some pixels bouncing around from explosions etc. Always quite satisfying!

Impressed tho :)

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I'm playing L29, but only just realized that tapping fire manually is a lot faster than holding your finger down. Doh!

3. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Thanks for the review Troy!

Some more info about challenges ;) You write that they are asy - at the beginning, quite easy, but they will grow harder later.

4. D_Nowitzki

D_Nowitzki Guest

From the TA review:
    "it would be nice in the future to have the option of a ghost of your best time to compete against."

Along with Game Center leaderboards, a ghost would be awesome!

5. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Hmm, ghost - although optional, could be really a nice addition ( optional ) I'll think about it!

Anyone else have some updates ideas ?

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yes!!! Make the 3-star time limits a tiny bit longer! Idk if it's just me but those 3-star limits for some levels are just too darn impossible...

Great game and all, but i've given up on trying to get 3-stars :p

7. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Awww, don't resign so fast :D Those 3-stars are ALL beatable. I've tested it level by level. And even better - you can take a nicer time on some even ;) Everything lies on finding a best route - then perfect it.

Which one you think is hardest so far ?

8. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I wasn't meaning the challenges are easy - I was really saying the bonus levels are pretty challenging too! ie: once you've unlocked them, there's still more to do!!

This game is certainly challenging, but it's good to know that you have personally achieved all of the target times for three stars.

If people are struggling to get 3-stars, I guess they can aim for 2-stars on the levels, if that's more achievable for them. After all, if everyone could easily get 3-stars for all levels, it would be too easy.

TouchArcade Review is here:
    http://toucharcade.com/2011/09/30/commander-pixman/

9. dylanmannen

dylanmannen Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    sweden
    SHIT!! Who made the music? it's one of the best cip-tune musics I have herd in a long time :D i want this music in my Ipod ^^ can you by any cance make an album download or some thing xD and btw, buy this game. it is Awesome!!.

10. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Everything is in credits ;) Music is by Norrin Radd - it is on Creative Commons license, so you can download it freely from HERE for example. Unfortunately Norrin seems to be offline since June, and I couldn't contact him, but I'm sure he will be happy that his nice work is spreading in some retro NES-style game ;)

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, sorry, great game!! And I'm sure I can get them if I keep trying! :) I just got frustrated after trying so many times :p but yeah don't change it, I do like a little challenge every once in a while :p

umm... I'm not sure which has been the hardest haha I'll get back to you on that! Again, AWESOME game!!

12. OneMinuteGames

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    So thanks for that ;)

Hey guys, which approach is better: more frequent updates with less content or less frequent with more stuff in one package ?

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    A mix of both, as long as you keep us in the loop on which is which.

14. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    #54 Robotwars, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    This is a really great game but I'm having trouble unlocking the 2nd bonus stage. I did level 22 and got the badge in under 13 seconds.. but it won't unlock. :confused:

Edit:

Ah never mind, I got it. Think I was missing a monster. Working now!

Again, great game looking forward to updates.

15. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    YES! I've been going hard at getting 3 stars and it's working! I got a lot of 3 stars now! WOOOT! Great game!

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

17. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    So how far is everyone? I'm trying to unlock bonus stage 3... need 9.90 in level 20, best I've done is 9.97. So close.

Ah 9.88! Sweet. Took a while.

18. poutini

poutini Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Student
    Calgary
    13. Best I can get is 5.38 and I've gotten three stars on basically every other level in the game. 29's pretty brutal too, I think I just need to practice that one more.

19. Chaz42

Chaz42 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Michigan!
    ahh

Well, I'm loving the 8-bit retro graphics. But, I cant get 3 stars on level 3... Jumping is so weird.. Starting the jump is slow, then it gets faster, than you drop at the same speed. The fluctuation just kills me. I'm expecting a normal jump every time, and i cant get used to it. Also The timer shouldn't start until a button is hit.. If you start a level, by the time you hit the button you have wasted .5 seconds.

20. Chaz42

Chaz42 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Michigan!
    Wow

I just got 3 stars on lvl 3. With over 125 deaths... I almost threw my ipod across the room.