iPhone Companions - Dungeon-Crawler/RPG by smuttlewerk interactive

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smuttlegiaco, May 26, 2011.

1. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey hematic!

glad you like our game. :)

stay safe!

2. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I really hope not.. lol.

3. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @adajos: nope, nothing like this planned in the near future.

4. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey friends, long time no hear.

we're working too much, I guess. here are a few screens of random maps. what a ****load of work, you can't imagine. with that done, we have to fill the randomized patterns with objects, quests, loot and stuff like that. I really hope we'll make it till january.

they're zoomed out very much, you won't see them like this in the game. we just wanted to show you how the maps will be like.

we also altered the level system. the characters will now gain up to level 50 (instead of 7), leveling up their hitpoints, attack value and skills in the process.

so, here's the screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once "Time of Heroes" (our second title -> I hope to upload a video today, so follow the link in my signature to see the game in all its beauty) is finished, I will start designing the dwarven fortress maps to conclude the campaign. We will add insectoids and other nasty stuff, so stay tuned. :)

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Oh, man...

I am drooling already.

I absolutely cannot wait for this!

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Looking nice! I can't wait to see the end result.

7. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    thx :)

I forgot to mention that we are currently testing a patch for Companions. Aside from minor bugfixing the game will now autosave when you leave the game (multitask save -> very unnerving job).

We also added a small question mark in the lower left corner: tap and hold in different interface situations will give you explanations of which elements doing what.

On map 5 you could kill all the lava moles without luring them to the wall, thus creating a situation where you had to play the map again. now, as long as the wall stands, a new lava mole will spawn.

the patch should be uploaded tomorrow. nothing new added, we're more or less trying to prepare everything that's possible for the "endless random dungeon crawler".

8. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    ok, the patch was delayed because of a last minute issue. we'll upload it this evening.

we finally got around making a map of the continent of Altland, enjoy:

[​IMG]

this is the map at the time the northern humans arrive in Altland, 400 years before the happenings in Companions. We'll do a seperate "Companions-Timeline" map later, promised! :)

9. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    nice! thanks for all the hard work!

10. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @mekanikal fiend: thx!:)

the latest patch is out. as said above it's mostly small bugfixes. I forgot to add that, if you die, you can have a look at what amount of damage each of your characters dealt/received. we plan on adding more statistics later on.

enjoy!:)

11. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    #251 Wemac, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    Your game looks awesome and I really enjoyed the lite version. However, the pricepoint is a bit to steep for me, any chance for a sale soon? I really like to buy it :)

12. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Just wanted to to say it is worth full price. If we as gamers keep waiting for price drops on games we like, then in a matter of time we will no longer have games we like.

13. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    There are a few games that I can say that I am glad I bought at full price, and this is one. It feels good to support quality games by indie devs.

14. Icurafu

Icurafu Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Yep, I fully agree. I brought this game while wondering the "new games" category in itunes out of boardom and purchased it on a whim. Even on day-one, it was very professionally made, and they have only lovingly added more and more to it. This is well worth the price.

Actually, sent some fan-mail to the devs a few days later and they wrote back in good detail. I was probably their first happy customer.

This was the best RPG I played on a mobile device since Rage of Mages 2 on Windows Mobile.

15. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    thank you all for the nice words! feels good!:)

we uploaded another patch yesterday (yes, we work on sundays too :) ) because of a bug we managed to integrate. let's hope the review process will get through quickly. sry for any inconvinience!

as to the original question about a sale. we do sales when we see that our monthly income as is, sucks. and to tell the truth, after the feature from apple was over, our income dropped steadily. we now depend on sales if we want to pay our rent and stuff. so, if you don't want to pay the full price, at least keep an eye on our game. chance is, that sooner or later a sale will come.

16. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    its worth the price too! its a great game :)

17. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    I deffo agree with supporting indie-devs is a good thing, and Ill gladly pay full price. The reason for asking was that sometimes I buy things and two days later its on sale, that sux :)

Ill buy it now and hope that youre not putting it on sale for a while :)
    The game seems great!

18. Bb_ww

Bb_ww Member

Dec 3, 2011
    I am facing the dragon now(is it the final boss?). The dragon got 1000hp back with one tortoise. I couldn't beat it. How did you guys beat it?

19. Bb_ww

Bb_ww Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Just finished it. Great game, though not perfect but really a lot of fun. Reminds me rage of Mage which I played ten years ago. Hope to see the update soon!

20. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Thanks Bb-ww! :)

We are currently finishing our next title, a strategy game (turn-based) in the world of Altland: Time of Heroes - check it out.