iPhone Companions - Dungeon-Crawler/RPG by smuttlewerk interactive

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smuttlegiaco, May 26, 2011.

1. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    the speed slider thing:

what exactly do you mean? speed up only the movement speed of the characters? or the whole game?

one hint: map_01 (The Gathering) is by far the map with the longest ways to cover. It evolved this way, because of the special solo introduction of the characters. I know that walking the big corridors can be somewhat tiresome. But with the new group move, I feel it's much more comfortable already. Also, don't forget to use the speed potions (the green ones)!

As for additional content:

- we will enhance the campaign with several bonus maps, for FREE!
    - new skills and items will be added along the way
    - the random dungeon generator is in the works right now (also for the iPhone/iPod) as an IAP

Keep the suggestions coming! And most of all, have fun!

2. Felixdcat

Felixdcat New Member

New to the site and have been only playing plants vs zonbies. Will pass on this one because its a click to move as one comment mentioned.

3. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    he means by a speed slider ..i mean did u play any tower defence game?? there is always a buttom down 2x and sometimes 4x. when u press at the button the speed of whole game is doubled or quadrupled. everything is normally but in a fast mood.. the waves for example comes running faster and my army hits them faster so that i dont wait time asif im in slow motion..
    its like you are watching a movie and then u did 2X speed to fastforward what is going on..
    forexample a weak wave is coming and my army is settled good.. i will kill them but i will have to watch it with the normal speed..that takes time till this useless wave go..so i press on 2x where everything in fast motion and end this useless attack then after it end i return to natural motion which is x speed to maybe alter something

4. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    ok, I get it, you want the whole game to become accelerated. well, it is possible to integrate such a thing, but it's not the easiest thing to do. We do a prototype (Ralph's already working on it) and I'll inform you wether or not we integrate such a thing.

One thing is sure already: it'll only work when you're not fighting! else the game would become unplayable.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #105 Amenbrother, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
    Speed up the game

I don't mean a 2x or 4x button I more mean just speed everyone in the party a tad, not alot but faster then them walking now. It takes forever to get anywhere sometimes and never mind the dwarf omg he's like a snail. I have to use the elf for most things like picking up loot or opening tombs because she seems fastest. As you can see I love the game but Instead i am on the forums to try and help the overall feeling of the game. :) maybe up the speed a little out of combat and a smaller amount in combat?

6. ixyl

ixyl New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Hi Smuttlegiaco, I just bought your game today and I love it so far. I can't believe no one has compared it to Bungie's spectacular Myth series, one of my favorites of all time (especially Myth II: Soul Blighter). This game definitely plays similarly to Myth.

Anyways, I'm having some problems. First I had a bug where the tactical pause broke. Switching out of the app with the home button double tap repeatedly made it eventually stop.

Then, my Matter Mage's rejuvenation spell's bugged out to have a 3 second cooldown, letting me stack it repeatedly and breaking the balance of the game. Quitting and resuming fixed it.

The game has crashed a few times, and autosave never seems to work (even though it SAYS "game saved", it has crashed two or three times and been unable to resume from the autosave, so I've been having to lose my progress). Manually saving seems to work, but it certainly more annoying.

Finally, and worst of all, is a game-breaking bug: right after the minotaur's father's curse is dispelled, and the dwarf says he's about to break down the wall, my Minotaur and archer move to the left but my dwarf stays still and never even approaches the wall. The game stays stuck like this. I think the problem might be that my dwarf built a trap in the hallway previously?

I want to reiterate that I really love the gameplay and have enjoyed the small portion of the game I have been able to play, but I'm kinda surprised and disappointed at the number of bugs making this game unplayable.

7. ixyl

ixyl New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Oh, and I echo the request for a speed-up button for exploring far away sections. You could put it next to the pause button maybe?

8. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @amenbrother: we are working on a speed slider right now. I will also enhance the dwarfs speed a little, so he and the human will have the same speed.

@ixyl: sorry, that's bad! we will see into all your problems right away. most of the problems weren't there before the patch. seems we f... it up somehow. again, I'm very sorry. I'll start working now...I sense some 12+ hour days coming

9. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    #109 smuttlegiaco, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    Hi ixyl,

we are currently trying to reconstruct the errors you mentioned.

the tactical pause error: please elaborate, what exactly didn't work? I tried a few things here, but all seems to work ok for me.

the autosave error: can you tell me exactly where this happened? how many campaign games have you started? did you play a single map and get out of it using "Leave Game"?

we try hard to find the error, but autosave is working here without a problem.

the 3 second cooldown thing: ok, this one we have. it's already fixed!

the game crashes: do you have many apps running in the background? do you play on an iPad 1 or 2? the iPad 1 is very low on memory, so too many background apps cause a crash with many games.

the "dwarf" bug: we thought we had this one fixed, but it seems we haven't. I will alter the map ending right away. This bug REALLY gets me angry! Please try to load the game again (a few times if necessary) and see wether the dwarf will move or not. you seem to be one of the very few unlucky ones, where the dwarf won't work correctly. UPDATE: which dwarf class did you use?

Thank you!

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    You guys are amazing

Wow I suggest something and you guys jump on it, that is service you dont often see.... I feel like it will definately help the game, but for now everyone buy this game and support these developers!!!!:cool:

11. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @amenbrother: thx. we adjusted the speed of all the characters. the dwarf and human now both have the exact same speed (1,25 for all classes; it was 1 before), while the different elf and minotaur classes still vary from 1.25 to 1.75).

the speed slider: we did quite a few tests here and I can tell you, it really isn't easy to implement. problem is, that there are so many factors to be considered, like spawn time, delays in several skills (also in actions we trigger) and other stuff. I won't bore you here with technical details, but it could well be, that if we choose to implement such a thing, it'll either unbalance the whole game or just plain totally f***s it up. We'll do our best to come up with a good solution, but it'll take a while.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Let the fun begin

Thats exactly what we needed, the slider doesnt matter really I just think the speed of the classes needed to be upped which you did!!! You are all over it :) I cant wait to play with the higher walking speed. You guys are doing a fantastic job of listening and implementing.

13. asjhust

asjhust Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    This is the dream game that i wonder have!:D

14. olive

olive Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    How epic the graphics could be!!!

15. Hamses

Hamses Member

Jun 23, 2011
    They did the same for me over PM... Love these guys. Great work and you can really feel they are passionate about making a great game that people will love to play.

16. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    ^ +1

these guys are really great!!

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Indeed

For sure, I have been playing it a decent amount lately just waiting for the increased speed for the classes update now. ;)

18. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    #118 sakinnuso, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    Picked this up when it came out and I'm just getting around to playing it. The tutorial was really not selling the game for me, but after I started the campaign, the game really begins to shine! Great game!

I can't figure out how to give items from one character to another. My elf is nearly dead and my dwarf has the healing potion. how the heck can i just drag and drop to her directly? It seems kind of foolish that i should drop the item from my inventory, then have another character pick it up...

EDIT: So i dropped the potion so the Elf girl can pick it up. She does, and i healed her. I wanted to take some of the remaining vials, and drag them to my other wounded character, the minotaur.
    So I went into my inventory of my Elf girl and tried to drag the RED healing potion to my Minotaur. I got a red line, which means NO GO. However, i got a WHITE line when dragging to my Dwarf, which successfully transferred.

19. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey sakinnuso! you can only transfer items to characters standing beside (straight or diagonal) the party member which holds the item you like to transfer! we did this with purpose. if you could just transfer items regardless of where the characters are located, the different character inventories would be quite meaningless and the game would become VERY much easier. characters that can receive items from another party member show a little bag on their portrait.

For all our players out there: I recommend you wait for the next update before you continue. We found a bug that could ruin your game. It's the strangest kind of thing, really...enemies tend to become invisible sometimes. Now, if there is an action triggered if you kill a group of enemies, for instance, and some of them are invisible, the game is stuck. you can still kill them if you find them. best use the elf or anyone with a targeting skil if this occurs in your game.

we fixed the bug (and other's too), but this time we will release the update after heavy playtesting only. I hope we will be ready to upload the patch this weekend, but I make no promises. We want it to be as perfect as possible, so we take our time.

we added a new save menu. you now have the auto and quicksave as usual, as well as 7 manual save slots per game. we also tweaked some items and all the textfiles are currently proofread by a native english speaker!

we are deeply sorry for the bugs in the latest version! if you encounter anything strange, don't hesitate to contact me via PM or this thread.

thanks for your support! Have a great day/night!:)

20. Movementcat

Movementcat Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Hey Smuttle,

will the speed increase 1 to 1,25 in this patch aswell?