[Contest] Top Highscore on Tally Board gets $100 iTunes Card

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by TallyBoard, Jul 27, 2014.

1. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    The game seems to be easy but it's a lot complicated. It took me more than 6 hrs to complete that game. Really difficult.
    There was not such strategy but I was more dependent on 4,8,16,64... Just multiplying and adding together them together.
    A bit difficult to explain, but this is how I did. You really need to think a lot while adding, multiplying or swapping.

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    That's insane great job!

3. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    Thank you!

4. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    The score didn't end up on Game Center. Highly disappointing. And it won't show until I break my score again.

5. TallyBoard

TallyBoard Well-Known Member

I am sorry for this. I don't know why it didn't show up, but I'll fix it a coming update so that that score shows up on Game Center, since the game already saves a local copy of every game played.

I have also verified your image to be real, so you are anyway the one with the highest score. As long as nobody gets a better score, you will be the winner of the $100 gift card.

6. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    *Sigh*

7. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I wouldn't sigh, your on course to win $100 :D

7018 for me now... Just can't get those high scores!!!

8. TallyBoard

Are you playing om medium? Remember to try and multiply numbers, and try to combine the smaller numbers to form 2,4,5,8,10,16,20,30 and 32, and possible 6,12 and 24. From those numbers you can more easily multiply numbers since you have more to choose from.

To users reading this, this is more of a expert trick, and not something you need to think about to have fun.

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Yeah on medium, normally quite good at these games! Maybe I just haven't got my maths head on!!!

10. spoosh

spoosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Holy crap, that is an insane score bhavukjain1! :eek:

My current game is at 44,312, still a long way to go! Gamecenter name friedchick3n.

11. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    Lol.

12. TallyBoard

Added you to the list of possible winners of $10 iTunes card.

13. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Am I on the list? I have posted mine 7k odd GC ID is MES.82

14. TallyBoard

Yes, you are on the list. I update my original first post in the thread. So far there is 3 people from this forum who are eligible for the $10 and one for the $100.

15. GC: guguleung

Thanks for contest. My best score so far was 50,954. I have a few questions. When you finish the game, a pop up says no more moves. Is there any reason to go back to review at that point? What does Hint button do? Every time I press it, it says no hints available. Finally what time on 8/18 will the contest end?

16. TallyBoard

#36 TallyBoard, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    I have added you to the list of player eligible for the $10 gift card. Congratulations on that score, that is actually not the bad. During development I never thought people would be able to get past 30.000 points actually.

When the game says that there is no more moves left, there should not be anything more you could do. The game has tried to calculate every possible move and concluded there are no valid moves.

The hint button should give you a hint on a valid move. However, if there is no valid move at this point without using the "Swap Tile"-power, it will just display "no hints available". I guess you have just used the button only when there really was nothing more to do.

For what time of the day the contest will end, I haven't really given much thought. But I'm guessing I'll just let it run until the morning of the 19th, which would be 8:00 CEST or 2:00 CST

17. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    Can't register my new score to Game center because I surpassed the maximum limit. Again disappointed.

18. TallyBoard

I guess I wasn't prepared for scores this big. Since you just basically broke the whole record, and nobody will be able to surpass you, I believe I am just forced to end the competition. I am very sorry about this to any other contented, I will of course fix this in the next update. I will have another competition at a later time.

Don't know if anybody is interested in an explanation, but the reason for the score not registering anything larger than 2.1 billion (which is an enormous score, which I never dreamt would be possible at all). is that the score is saved as an integer of 32-bit size, which means the largest value possible would be 2#147#483#648. So I will update the original post with this.

The $10 gift-card will still be possible to register for.

19. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    Thank you so much for the gift card.

20. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Well done Bhavuk that is an incredible score, but I am biting at your heels. I have 7000, so only about 2 billion odd :D

I still don't get how to make huge scores, my board just seems to get filled up with small numbers I can't do anything with. The numbers have to be touching to do the addition right? (I mean I can do 4+4=8 if the eight is t adjacent to one of the fours)