Universal continue?9876543210 by starvingeyes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Dec 1, 2013.

1. xzeldax3

xzeldax3 Member

May 12, 2012
    The number is reference to a game over screen that counts down from 10 and you must select "continue" or it will go to the title screen.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This one looks fantastic! From the devs webpage: Each game randomly assigns you 1 of the 6 characters and 6 of the 11 areas. There is no set order to the stages of the game.

Therefore, I understand that there is some replayability to the game after you finish it for the first time. I'll possibly buy it sooner rather than later, but I'll add it to the wishlist at the moment.

Even though there's no automatic rotation, can you rotate the image in the settings screen? If not, where does the phone charger plug when playing this game (left or right)?

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

How does this run on iPhone 4? If it's poor performance, I'll just wait for PC

4. ridiculocity

ridiculocity Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Can't even find it in Aus store :( links don't work from here to AppStore.

5. ridiculocity

ridiculocity Member

Jan 28, 2013
    How did you find it. Not showing for me :(

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Can't find it in the SP store either :(

7. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    #47 Biggavelli, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Pulled or released accidental? Not in US store

Edit in Us

8. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Searching for "starvingeyes" worked for me.

9. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Can confirm that it shows up when searching for starvingeyes, opening Killa Compton Kitties (iirc) and then related games. Couldn't find it through other reliable methods, in the UK at least anyway.

10. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #50 Pipipitchu, Dec 2, 2013
    Try this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/continue-9876543210/id748095052?mt=8

11. ridiculocity

ridiculocity Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Thanks that worked perfectly. No idea why it ain't showing in AppStore.

12. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    That happens very often with newly released games.
    After a day or two the game will most likely easily be found searching for the game name as usual.

13. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #53 Pipipitchu, Dec 2, 2013
    Well, Looks like this game has elements I like to see and support on App Store: Deep narrative, imersive atmosphere, creativity, style, innovation, no cliche formulas (like endless runners), not a game to play for 5 minutes and delete... So I'm buying even tough controls are not perfect.

I appreciate the developer aimed to give us a true and deep experience instead of one more freemium Temple Run rip off or something like that.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally agree (even with no auto-rotate ;), i want to support games like this so i've just bought it. Will have a proper go at lunchtime, love that trailer

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I got a mail from the dev saying it's back in the App Store, so hopefully we'll find it easily now. I'll buy it as soon as I get to iTunes/Wifi access. I want to support these kind of games too. Looks fantastic! :)

16. jasonoda

jasonoda Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    From the Developer

Hey folks, glad you're enjoying the game. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's still super early in the day over here in the US, but there were some Apple shenanigans and some of you super early players may have downloaded v 1.0 instead of 1.2 in the small window of test time the game was live. This may cause some minor rare bugs and a lot of really nice last minute changes are not there either. You'll also notice that a lot of the info posted on page 1 about the game has been updated. Sorry about this, you guys are too on top of things! So please update your app if you were an early buyer. And thank you, the nice things you have to say are making me feel really hopeful. :)

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Welcome Mr Dev, bought it this morning, love the graphics and the trailer is superb. I'll have a proper play later but i bought it asap as i want to support creative indie games like this

I'll give you a great review on the app store if you add auto rotate in an update though ;)

18. jasonoda

jasonoda Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Agreed! Auto-update in the next version which will be very soon I imagine!

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ha ha thanks !

Just started it up, was amazed to go through the intro and just watch it. Then had a quick go, walking about, talking to some dead game character etc. Controls were fine for me

But early early days yet but so impressive, congrats i hope lots of people pick this up. I mean its not freemium, its got great pixel graphics, looks very unique, need to support things like this

20. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #60 Pipipitchu, Dec 2, 2013
    Controls are really far from perfect. The character moves to fast and you don't have much controls. I'm always crashing against the walls. I didn't get far enough to see a combat yet, tough. Besides that it really looks like a great game!

And I don't know if I got the 1.0 or 1.2 version.