iPad Corpse Party (by 5pb.Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    So I'm confused about this game. Is there gameplay or is it all dialogue? I can't find any gameplay videos. Just tons of dialogue videos.

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Ok, don't punch me in the face for this but...
    I've paid $20 for xCom, ~$15 (Can't exactly recall the exact price) for Monster Hunter,$5 for Bastion, $10 for KOTOR, $10 for Shadowrun: Returns and Corpse Party costs $22 WTF

3. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

There is gameplay. Mostly walking around searching for objects, talking to people etc.. That being said, it is very dialogue heavy, so if that's not your thing, it might not be for you.

4. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    15.49 pounds is on the high side in terms of iOS gaming, although I happily spent almost 17.00 on TWD.

I've been intrigued by Corpse Party for quite some time, but it appeared that no English localization was forthcoming. So this has appeared out of the blue!

The only thing preventing me from hammering my credit card is that Corpse Party is not optimised for the iPad. Have any iPad users downloaded and played this version yet? Also, how good is the translation?

5. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    So you rather have that god aweful FTP ports that Square have been experimenting (they shut down one of them this month)?

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Yes please someone, is really worth for the ipad?

7. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    To all the people asking, this is not a rpg. It is a visual novel. Meaning there are very little gameplay, and huge amounts of texts. You'll be reading a lot. However, that being said this game is the full port. It is a full fledged game. Like Danganronpa and other visual novel, the story is to be read and very little gameplay is involved. To everyone is rating this game a 1-2 star because of its price, I do feel this is on the high end. I would have liked to seen this at $14.99 but this is a full port and one of the best visual novel at that. "however this is not for everyone. This game contains some disturbing content"

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I'll insert a facepalm here. This mentality is still why we have non stop crap IAP ridden half games on the App Store.

Until you realize that real games cost money, and that just because a game you deem "better" may cost less, doesn't negate the pricing on this game.

This is a 10-20 hour game that has something of the most disturbing, heart wrenching gameplay moments I've experienced... Ever. I've played many horror games, but once you get engrossed into this one, you realize how dark, disturbing and hellish the experience is for these characters who are quite young.

That said, I do think the price is a little bit too high considering the current market as well as it not being universal and not truly iPhone 5 optimized (unless there's something I'm missing). But we don't know the cost that went into putting the game onto iOS, and if you had a PSP you'd still be dropping $20 to buy it today, except here you can have it with you wherever you go.

But as a video game player for many, many decades now, I understand that the correlation of price and gameplay does not, and should not, be the only determining factor when buying a game. I have player far too many games where the story is padded to a disgusting point just to make it seem as though there's hours and hours more of gameplay.

This is a disturbing, chilling and amazing game. It's weird in some ways, but it's in line with the Japanese culture it was designed for. I dismissed it when the game first started, but that quickly changed once the story began to unfold. By the time the first chapter was done, I felt like someone chewed up my heart and made me wear it as a hat.

Don't let the cutesy graphics fool you, this is a serious game that's not for the weak of heart, and is for sure a must have for horror fans.

9. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Great insight, thanks!

10. Sandpeelin

Sandpeelin Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I couldn't have that said better myself. There are multiple ends and many death ending too. For those calling it a visual novel - your thinking of book of shadows that was later release on psp.

11. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    X-com.

12. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Is the voice acting in English? And is it good acting?

13. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    No it's in Japanese but all the VA are extremely well known and popular in Japan. They are still relevant today and you have likely heard them before especially if you have listened to anything from Japan.

14. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I'm concerned about censorship. There are some panty shots and slightly sexual occasions in this game. Wonder if those're cut out...

15. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    How does it look on ipad?

16. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    How does this run on an iPhone 5S? Full screen or with black borders?

17. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    It's a visual novel so there definitely will be those, the is 5pb and they usually don't edit their games for US audience. This is definitely the on the tamer side of visual novels so I don't think you should be too worried.

18. It's not on iPad. I have nothing on my AppStore. Just the iPhone version is here.

19. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Was this made with RPG Maker?

20. deadfolk

deadfolk Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Going to chip in with the price complaints here. Usually I'm on the side of being okay with the higher prices, but this is €19.99 here.

For €15 I would probably have bitten.