Crashlands - Butterscotch Shenanigans' next game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JCho133, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Great idea! I buy at $10 for sure!

2. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Pricing is a REAAAAAALLY weird thing on mobile, as I'm sure you've all seen over the years. It's harder than hell to convince someone to shell out any money, even when the game is basically a small, 2d fallout 4.

We settled on the 15/5 split in particular so that those who love it on either platform can get both for $20, and take it wherever. We're honestly not sure how it'll work out. These things are hard to predict and harder to get right, but hopefully people will appreciate the truly absurd rate of value of it and it'll become more widely played as a result.

@Ragnarok, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, uncle, and friend. This is indeed an enormous middle finger, right in the face of that stupid cancer beast. While I'd love to price it at what I would actually pay for it, knowing the scope and scale, there's a good feeling that'll come from having the price lower and theoretically getting more people into the world that was built to fend off that disease. Spread the cheer, and all that.

Plus, you TA folk are some of the nicest people around, so we can't really base our pricing structure on you lovelies. Gotta think about this guy, too, unfortunately :)

3. Ragn4rok 74

Oct 9, 2014
    Complaining about a game costing a buck. Now that's what is truly wrong with mobile gaming! I know how crazy people can be about not wanting so spend money on a mobile game. I don't understand it but I know those crazies exist.
    Maybe you could add some kind of "donate" button in the game so those of us who think the game is worth more than $5 could pay a bit more. If it would help you guys I'd be more than willing. I've gotten all your games so far and they are killer. I'm drooling at the thought of playing this lol.
    And thanks for your kind words. My mom actually had breast cancer about 12 yrs ago. Had a double mastectomy, chemo and radiation, the whole torturous bit. She beat it only to get leukemia. F$&k cancer! Every time I hear of someone beating this disease even in a small way it makes the losses I've felt because of it hurt a bit less. We love and support you guys for sure!

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This would be like the Butterscotch guys shooting themselves in the foot. Sure, those who would want to pay the extra $5 could, but the game would go down in history (on AppShopper, etc.) as launching at $10 and then dropping to $5 a week later, which in turn would be a massive "**** you" to early adopters who just want to buy the game with no knowledge of a planned price-drop.

I agree that pricing on mobile is absolute garbage and would rather see Crashlands launch at $10 and then actually go up a week later to $15 and stay there, but it's awesome that you lovely folks at Bscotch want to give us a cross-platform experience for $20. Major respect there.

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I meant that price plan more tongue in cheek, but a donate button would be awesome. I'm planning on buying the game on 2 accounts just to show support! (No steam)

6. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Closed Beta begins

Heyo!

Seth finished his playthrough in 40 hours and 7 minutes (that's the mainline story only; 109 of the recipes he hasn't even unlocked yet. And 9 more bosses). We've begun the closed beta rollout process, which will take a day or more to get the copies into everyone's hands in the appropriate hands.

ARE WE EXCITED OH YEAH WOMEN AND MEN WE ARE SO EXCITED. If you want to get involved but aren't in the beta, you can check out the blog for how to help us out!

7. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    YES WE ARE EXCITED!!! What can simple forum/twitter/Reddit users do to help you guys?

8. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Spreading the good word around that we've hit beta along with the trailer to any subreddit you're part of or forum crew you think would be interested!

We do all of our awareness through PR (being indie has its drawbacks from a marketing $ perspective) so every share is great!

Trailer is here!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5M6qTEtsSQ

Thanks a bajillion, APPROXIMATELY.

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Woot! We'd beta get the word out!

10. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Congrats on the Beta, hope it's short and sweet and we can get this game sent over to the App Store! Been waiting forever for this one!

11. Kehshsidhdudh5

Kehshsidhdudh5 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Michigan
    Will there be multiplayer in this

12. Ragn4rok 74

Oct 9, 2014
    So going by the blog is it a certainty that we won't see this until 2016? Is there any chance it'll come out this year? Please say there is a slim chance lol. This is my most anticipated GOTY bar none!

13. Dboy_1992

Dboy_1992 Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Really wanna get into the Beta testing!

Hey guys at Butter scotch I just wanted to see if there was any way I could get into the Beta for crashlands i've been waiting to get my hands on this game and try it out so if you guys need any of my help working on the game or if you Devs could let me get into the Beta somehow I would be highly highly appreciative of towards that!! I'm a huge fan of your guys work and I know crashlands will be a masterpiece, so please notify as soon as you guys possibly can about this and I'll be very grateful, thanks.

14. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Nope. Unless you want to wait until 2018! HA!

We may have to be your GOTY for 2016. <3

Thanks a ton for your support! The beta is pretty nuts on the technical side, so we actually have a closed system that's already been filled out and started up, so we're not adding any additional people at this time!

But hey, the game will be done...SOONISH!? And even better. Hold them horses.

15. Hyman_1990

Hyman_1990 Active Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Hong Kong
    Looks like 'Minecraft', haha. Looking forward.

16. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Eagerly anticipating this one.. Happily dish out whatever this may cost

17. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Any updates on the release date? Before Christmas!?? ####

18. Ragn4rok 74

Oct 9, 2014
    Sadly I don't believe so. Read a few posts back where they replied to me.

19. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Go away... 40 hours? That's a joke, we want only 3-4 hours games, we don't want quality, we want quantity, we want free to f***-with-us-paywalls kind of games, we don't want quality...

No one will buy it... Because read above...

You're the reason the industry stagnates, the reason we get crap.

Day 1 purchase :D

PS: Trying to get on the list via my Chrome for iOS resulted in not being able to register my entry (Submit button does not seem to work).

20. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    @shadowgamerr YOU CHEEKY JUICESUCKER! I got all sad reading your post then read the spoiler text and I was all, damn. My feels.

We're launching January 21st. TA just ran an article on it but didn't include the glorious poster, so here it is. You can also get all the walls and links and stuff from the blog post we put up. There are phone ones in there, too!

[​IMG]

Get hyped, yo.