iPad Crazy Hedgy (3D platformer from Cybertime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arta, Dec 20, 2011.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    2.0 sounds like an update, not a sequel.

2. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    The video clearly mentions that it's an update, I hope at least some of those enhancements make it to the iPad 2 as well.

3. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Some news from cybertime, the dev of Crazy Hedgy, we had a phone call:

The "huge" graphics update (April, featured in the video) will be a free update for all. They call it the "iPhone 4/4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 update" because the app is right NOW only "iPhone 3GS compliant". Most features like the waving grass will be visible even on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, but there will be some additional elements esp. for the new iPad. There will be a complete new user interface in Crazy Hedgy. The next two updates are being prepared as well. They want to have one of the five best games in iOS App Store, graphically.

Top secret! :cool: They are currently working on the concepts for two new games, one of those will be a multiplayer racer with a complete new approach to the genre. :eek:

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Interesting, so what happens to us 3GS owners? Do we need to skip the update for the app to still work?

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's bucket-full of awesome there :D.

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

NO!

According to dev even 3GS owners will receive the new menu and other features from the upcoming update to Crazy Hedgy version 2.0. The software detects the device and when it's an older device the game makes use of smaller/simpler 3D meshes. But you have the full gameplay experience.

More good news: There will be a complete new world in Crazy Hedgy in 6-7 weeks for all owners! Tron-like!

Wikipedia: Tron

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Screens of the new and improved 2.0 version of Crazy Hedgy with new levels and enhanced graphics for all devices (including the new ipad's retina display)

[​IMG]

New world selector:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be out in two weeks!

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    these are great news! can't wait! thank you so much

9. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Looks great. Are Game Center Achievements going to be added to this?

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Looks pretty slick. Like the sound of a Tron-like world coming....although I'm having trouble getting through the levels already here. Fairly challenging game.

11. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    I love this game and the enhancements look great. I'm hoping for gamecenter achievements as well, they're perfect for this type of game

12. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Wow wow wow.

I finished this a little while back, full stars on everything, but I can't wait to play again.

Looks incredible, I really hope Apple features this or puts it in a commercial, it deserves way more success / attention than it's received.

Brilliant, I'm excited now. :)

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's my favorite platformer on the appstore and one of the best ios game ever imo

14. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Wow, those screens look great! Any chance of adding in a touch based control scheme? I never played much of this one due to the tilt only controls and would love to have at least one other control option!

15. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    #335 injuwarrior, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    okay, so I finally got some time to play this game, and damn is it amazing. Truly one of the best games on the appstore period. I have decided to try and get 100% completion with all the coins, but I have been struggling a lot on two of the earlier levels. I simply cannot find the third coin in the 7th and 13th level.I have tried everything, ran through them multiple times, broke every box, looked down every ledge, took every pathway. I feel like I may have actually collected them, since there are some conspicuously placed crazy potions where coins might be, but the menu is just not showing it. Anyway, any suggestions or guide links are appreciated.

Edit: just beat the game with all coins. Simply brilliant and now in my top three favorite ios games of all time. Cannot wait for 2.0.

16. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    anything new in regards to the upcoming v2.0?

17. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Did achievements via Game Center ever get added into this game?

18. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    I'm going nuts waiting for this update. :)

19. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm finally able to play this now!!! And man, this is definitely one of my all-time favs. Period. Gonna go rate it 5 stars!

20. cybertime

cybertime Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Crazy Hedgy 2.0

Hi everyone!

It's Crazy Hedgy's dad speaking. :)
    The last months were very hard, because making Crazy Hedgy one the most sophisticated iOS games regarding graphics cost us our last brainpower!
    The optimized 3d engine is a fully dynamical Level of Detail process which makes Crazy Hedgy optimized for every iOS device starting on 3GS.
    As you know Crazy Hedgy had quite nice graphics, but it was only optimized for 3GS!
    V2.0 brings you really to another level, just known so far from console titles or few exceptions like Infinity Blade 2. But IB2 doesn't support iPad 3 retina solution, we do :)
    So this night we are publishing V2.0 of Crazy Hedgy and on Thursday 21st of June it will be available on the App Store. For sure it is an update and free for our customers.
    I will post a list of new features later. We are parallel working on the next updates and they will be sooner on air like 2.0 lasted!

Thanks for your support!

Greets
    Raffael from cybertime